Jump to content
Ryleona

Can anyone link me to a detailed Da Capo series Timeline/Family Tree if there is one?

Recommended Posts

Ok so, if there is a Family Tree of something of the sort that shows connections between characters in all of the Da Capo games, please link it to me. Correct me if i'm wrong. As far as I know, the timeline goes as: Da Capo III Weather Vane Arc, Da Capo, Da Capo II, Da Capo III Prologue, Da Capo III True ending Epilogue. Da Capo 3 W.V. Arc Kiyokata and Ricca are the Grandparents of Sakura, who is cousins with Junichi, who marries Nemu and is the grandparents to Otome and Yume, as well as being the father of Yoshiyuki with Sakura, and the half-uncle of the two Asakura sisters, magically brought to being by the tree. Suginami is the same Suginami in all 3 games, using magic to stay young. Thing is, that's where is ends for me. I don't understand Minatsu's appearence in the D.C. III W.V. Arc, as i'm pretty sure it's before 2, and she doesn't seem to be familiar with Suginami, OR hate humans at all. Also, I don't get how the D.C. III Prologue/True Ending Kiyotaka and Ricca fit into the Family Tree at all, if they even do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no soecific link to a family tree of the D.C. series. But I'm currently working on a tree by myself because I'm very interested in this topic. It might take some more time until I'm finished because I'm reading through nearly all D.C. VNs to gather information and references. If you're interested I can send you the finished family trees from here. I will also make a timeline which will contain some inportant events from the storyline of the whole D.C. series. I can tell you that it won't be possible to integrate all known D.C. characters into a single tree and some won't fit in any family tree just like Suginami. So I will create several different ones.

Did I arouse your interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 6:09 AM, Ryleona said:

Ok so, if there is a Family Tree of something of the sort that shows connections between characters in all of the Da Capo games, please link it to me. Correct me if i'm wrong. As far as I know, the timeline goes as: Da Capo III Weather Vane Arc, Da Capo, Da Capo II, Da Capo III Prologue, Da Capo III True ending Epilogue. Da Capo 3 W.V. Arc Kiyokata and Ricca are the Grandparents of Sakura, who is cousins with Junichi, who marries Nemu and is the grandparents to Otome and Yume, as well as being the father of Yoshiyuki with Sakura, and the half-uncle of the two Asakura sisters, magically brought to being by the tree. Suginami is the same Suginami in all 3 games, using magic to stay young. Thing is, that's where is ends for me. I don't understand Minatsu's appearence in the D.C. III W.V. Arc, as i'm pretty sure it's before 2, and she doesn't seem to be familiar with Suginami, OR hate humans at all. Also, I don't get how the D.C. III Prologue/True Ending Kiyotaka and Ricca fit into the Family Tree at all, if they even do.

I've only read the English releases, but this is the main family line stuff. Few other heroines are related directly to others in any way. I think Nanaka and Kotori being cousins is about as far as relations between non-Nemu or Sakura heroines get.

 

The current day Da Capo 3 families don't have anything to do biologically with the Weather Vane versions. They have the same souls/memories, but are not at all related, as far as anything in English goes. Apparently Kiyotaka and Charles are cousins to Sakura somehow(same last name), but that isn't really looked into. So It's possible that Kiyotaka father'd their dad/grandpa, but that line is never expanded on.

Ricca is the grandmother they show you at the start of Da Capo 1. Himeno is the likely grandmother of Nemu, which means Nemu and Juunichi have no blood ties at all as Juunichi's grandfather, Yoshitaka, is adopted into Himeno's family and then marries Ricca. You would be right on the Da Capo 2 stuff.

 

Minatsu can't be in Weather Vane. She wasn't built yet so she couldn't have, and she's not magic so she wouldn't be invited. She's hired by the current year Da Capo 3 team to look into things with the tree and their memories, but she's the same Minatsu after Da Capo 2 and whatever set of events make up the true end of that game, which would include her mellowing out. Don't remember enough to talk about the Suginami thing, but Mintasu wouldn't know that that Suginami is the same one. To her, he would be a guy with the same name and that's it. Do they even meet in the original Da Capo 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Itsuka Ren said:

There is no soecific link to a family tree of the D.C. series. But I'm currently working on a tree by myself because I'm very interested in this topic. It might take some more time until I'm finished because I'm reading through nearly all D.C. VNs to gather information and references. If you're interested I can send you the finished family trees from here. I will also make a timeline which will contain some inportant events from the storyline of the whole D.C. series. I can tell you that it won't be possible to integrate all known D.C. characters into a single tree and some won't fit in any family tree just like Suginami. So I will create several different ones.

Did I arouse your interest?

Indeed. I would love to have the links when you are finished with the trees. I find the topic of the timeline to be very interesting, and your trees would be a greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.8.2019 at 1:02 AM, Ryleona said:

Indeed. I would love to have the links when you are finished with the trees. I find the topic of the timeline to be very interesting, and your trees would be a greatly appreciated.

Are you still there? I really appreciate your patience. I wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about you ;) I'm about 90% done with reading the VNs. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on every single D.C. game so the family trees and the timeline might lack some facts from minor Fandiscs. I'm planning on finishing the reading part by the end of this month. Afterwards I will collect the informations and begin to design the trees and the timeline within one or two more weeks so stay tuned ;) I will need a method to contact you by mail or something so that I can send you the work when it's finished.

Regards from Germany!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 11:16 PM, Itsuka Ren said:

Are you still there? I really appreciate your patience. I wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about you ;) I'm about 90% done with reading the VNs. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on every single D.C. game so the family trees and the timeline might lack some facts from minor Fandiscs. I'm planning on finishing the reading part by the end of this month. Afterwards I will collect the informations and begin to design the trees and the timeline within one or two more weeks so stay tuned ;) I will need a method to contact you by mail or something so that I can send you the work when it's finished.

Regards from Germany!

I was actually convinced you forgot, nice to see you didn't! Thanks for getting back with me, this is still a topic I was wondering about. If just posting it here won't work(honestly I really don't check my email often, i'm probably more likely to see it here), my email is ian.elsga@gmail.com. And I live in Germany too! Pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, Itsuka Ren said:

There is no soecific link to a family tree of the D.C. series. But I'm currently working on a tree by myself because I'm very interested in this topic. It might take some more time until I'm finished because I'm reading through nearly all D.C. VNs to gather information and references. If you're interested I can send you the finished family trees from here. I will also make a timeline which will contain some inportant events from the storyline of the whole D.C. series. I can tell you that it won't be possible to integrate all known D.C. characters into a single tree and some won't fit in any family tree just like Suginami. So I will create several different ones.

Did I arouse your interest?

That's something I've been interested since I started de DC series, though I was too lazy to do it myself, so you have my gratitude :sacchan:

I even read it backwards (Started with DC 3, then 2, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Benji Price said:

That's something I've been interested since I started de DC series, though I was too lazy to do it myself, so you have my gratitude :sacchan:

I even read it backwards (Started with DC 3, then 2, etc.).

I read 3, 1, 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.2.2020 at 11:51 PM, Ryleona said:

I was actually convinced you forgot, nice to see you didn't! Thanks for getting back with me, this is still a topic I was wondering about. If just posting it here won't work(honestly I really don't check my email often, i'm probably more likely to see it here), my email is ian.elsga@gmail.com. And I live in Germany too! Pretty cool.

Sorry that I kept you waiting for half a year before posting an update about my progress. It just takes a lot of time to read through so many VNs with some of them having over 30 hours of reading time. I have a little question: do you prefer English or German text in the family trees and timeline?

On 14.2.2020 at 12:24 AM, Benji Price said:

That's something I've been interested since I started de DC series, though I was too lazy to do it myself, so you have my gratitude :sacchan:

I even read it backwards (Started with DC 3, then 2, etc.).

No problem! ;) I'm enjoying to read through these great VNs and to collect a lot of interersting facts about the D.C. characters and timeline and I'm happy that people are interested in this kind of stuff like me! If you want to I could send the family trees and the timeline to you too once I'm finished but I will need a method to contact you by mail or something.

PS: I read the four main VNs in order (D.C., D.C.II, D.C.III, D.C.4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itsuka Ren said:

Sorry that I kept you waiting for half a year before posting an update about my progress. It just takes a lot of time to read through so many VNs with some of them having over 30 hours of reading time. I have a little question: do you prefer English or German text in the family trees and timeline?

No problem! ;) I'm enjoying to read through these great VNs and to collect a lot of interersting facts about the D.C. characters and timeline and I'm happy that people are interested in this kind of stuff like me! If you want to I could send the family trees and the timeline to you too once I'm finished but I will need a method to contact you by mail or something.

PS: I read the four main VNs in order (D.C., D.C.II, D.C.III, D.C.4)

He can't read German, so just make it in English. To me fair, my English is better anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow D.C. Fans,

after over a year of reading I finally finished the Da Capo Series! I will now begin to collect the information I got from reading. Right after that I will design the family trees and the timeline like I promised you seven months ago. ;)

To all people who are interested: send me your mail address by private message (or under this comment) and I will send you my work once it's finished. If you have any questions up to this point don't hesitate to ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Itsuka Ren said:

Hello fellow D.C. Fans,

after over a year of reading I finally finished the Da Capo Series! I will now begin to collect the information I got from reading. Right after that I will design the family trees and the timeline like I promised you seven months ago. ;)

To all people who are interested: send me your mail address by private message (or under this comment) and I will send you my work once it's finished. If you have any questions up to this point don't hesitate to ask!

Ian.elsga@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Itsuka Ren said:

Hello fellow D.C. Fans,

after over a year of reading I finally finished the Da Capo Series! I will now begin to collect the information I got from reading. Right after that I will design the family trees and the timeline like I promised you seven months ago. ;)

To all people who are interested: send me your mail address by private message (or under this comment) and I will send you my work once it's finished. If you have any questions up to this point don't hesitate to ask!

why not post it here? Although I've never read Da Capo, now even I am interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Silvz said:

why not post it here? Although I've never read Da Capo, now even I am interested

I don't think it's possible to upload these here because I'm designing them with a free software called LibreOffice (you might know this software). Furthermore the files might get pretty big because of images I'm going to insert in these. With the option "insert other media" you only can attach pictures to a post if you have the corresponding URL (or am I wrong?). If you know how to upload the whole files right here please let me know so that I can make them visible for every fan who visits this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Itsuka Ren said:

I don't think it's possible to upload these here because I'm designing them with a free software called LibreOffice (you might know this software). Furthermore the files might get pretty big because of images I'm going to insert in these. With the option "insert other media" you only can attach pictures to a post if you have the corresponding URL (or am I wrong?). If you know how to upload the whole files right here please let me know so that I can make them visible for every fan who visits this site.

As far as I know, you can't upload files directly to the forum, but you may use some free file-sharing hosting, such as Google Drive, and share the link here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm finally finished with the files. I've only finished the D.C.4 excluded versions for now because the game doesn't give much Information about the character's and their timeline so I will wait for potential Fan Discs which probably will be released in the near future. 

I think it's needless to say but there are MASSIVE spoilers ahead! I don't recommend reading the files if you're planning on reading the non-english D.C. games yourself!

I uploaded them to Google Drive:

Timeline: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RuYQuVN0nRDC-cg_oAs6JC7QUwCEnejGU7YWl_T2Bnk/edit?usp=sharing

Family Tree: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zo9vv3zCUY0VnlPsVcCN_FaS2-nr2RXC_JjLUTAm4go/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions regarding these and the entire D.C. series please don't hesitate to ask, I'm Pretty confident that I can answer them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's surely a very comprehensive family tree there, and of course it proved that the male from Yoshino family will be always a Chick Magnet. With that knowledge, suddenly I want to see Circus make a main Da Capo series based on Sakura's dad life at junior/senior high school with Suginami. Speaking about 4, I wonder if Mangagamer will announce it later (Or whether one of their secret project would be this).

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×