Jump to content
Aleister

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm New Translation Project

Recommended Posts

If there's no update after a year here, I would say that the project was already dead and therefore no hope of finishing it sooner. I just hope that someday someone will pick Aokana here, whether through official translation or fan translation.

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This project is basically dead and it was also proven that the TL would've been terrible anyways. Just give up on the hopes that this will be completely by any fan TL and hope for an official localization from a company other than Sekai Project, because they seem to be ruining a lot of VNs as of late. :notlikemiya:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Benji Price said:

To be honest , if Sekai is my only option the I hope the go for it :amane: ... terrible is still better than nothing , to me at least :wahaha:

And this is the sort of behaviour that keeps letting companies release mediocre/bad translations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, VirginSmasher said:

And this is the sort of behaviour that keeps letting companies release mediocre/bad translations.

Maybe it is. 

What I give credit for is the fact that they do something in order to bring VNs to the west. Be it mediocre or good, at least they give the chance to non-japanese readers to enjoy VNs they couldn't read before. Of course it's not the best reading experience when the TL is not good, but that doesn't change the fact that you're playing a game that beforehand you were not able to. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Benji Price said:

Maybe it is. 

What I give credit for is the fact that they do something in order to bring VNs to the west. Be it mediocre or good, at least they give the chance to non-japanese readers to enjoy VNs they couldn't read before. Of course it's not the best reading experience when the TL is not good, but that doesn't change the fact that you're playing a game that beforehand you were not able to. 

 

 

I'd rather a VN stay untranslated if it's gonna get a bad translation tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Aokana translation speculation thing, I will say that currently Sekai should be the most probable candidate to localized Aokana. I say this because the writer (Kio Nachi) did have some connection with Sekai through KARAKARA, and I think the closest company to Kio Nachi if he ever want to be officially localized Aokana would be Sekai. You may didn't believe this though, because it's just my conjecture for now.

PS - As for the translation with Sekai, if my guess will become real I hope that Astro will take care of this project very well to honor his friend work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wipreymmm said:

Once in a while, I have a habit of searching for a translation of this vn hoping that there's a new project for it 

With all due respect, considering how much this VN is wanted, I have been expecting an official localization by now by anyone. Or is sprite asking too much for the license? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

With all due respect, considering how much this VN is wanted, I have been expecting an official localization by now by anyone. Or is sprite asking too much for the license? xD

I'm gonna guess Sprite either isn't interested in licensing it out or negotiations between Sprite and some other company broke down. I can't imagine companies haven't tried to get the license for AoKana at some point.

Edited by VirginSmasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I'm gonna guess Sprite either isn't interested in licensing it out or negotiations between Sprite and some other company broke down. I can't imagine companies haven't tried to get the license for AoKana at some point.

Yeah, me neither. It's a title that Sekai could have easily taken at least 300k on Kickstarter. Also, Kio Nachi, the scenarist behind Aokana, seems to be behind Karakara as well, a title that SP licensed last year or so. So they probably do have a connection there. So sprite either doesn't want to license the title or they are simply asking too much. I don't know what else could it be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well apparently Astro here is the friend of Kio Nachi, so maybe Astro will try to do his best to convincing his friend to allow Aokana to be localized by Sekai. If that's the case, then I hope his attempt will be successful no matter of how much the difficulty that Astro will face.

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well perhaps it's the truth that Astro as the freelancer writer himself can't do much in regard of convincing Sekai to license Aokana no matter of how much effort that he did. Still I believe that we should hope that Astro's effort to convince Sekai in order to localize Aokana should be appreciate if any, if only for the sake of his best friend (Kio Nachi) who put so much years of sweat and blood into putting Aokana's world setting and story together. I'm sure that many fans out there would appreciate Kio Nachi's work if it's localized, and in turn make Kio Nachi be very happy because his hard work is appreciated by overseas VN fans.

That said even with I'd say so much about what I conjectured here, my expectation for Aokana to be localized by Sekai is almost none though, especially when we factored that currently Sekai took too much projects and they did slow work on the bigger projects (Sekai still better than JAST at least in term of release). So if Sekai somehow manage to announce Aokana by AX later, my reaction would be between mixed (Already expected that and hopeful it'll be quick).

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well perhaps it's the truth that Astro as the freelancer writer himself can't do much in regard of convincing Sekai to license Aokana no matter of how much effort that he did. Still I believe that we should hope that Astro's effort to convince Sekai in order to localize Aokana should be appreciate if any, if only for the sake of his best friend (Kio Nachi) who put so much years of sweat and blood into putting Aokana's world setting and story together. I'm sure that many fans out there would appreciate Kio Nachi's work if it's localized, and in turn make Kio Nachi be very happy because his hard work is appreciated by overseas VN fans.

That said even with I'd say so much about what I conjectured here, my expectation for Aokana to be localized by Sekai is almost none though, especially when we factored that currently Sekai took too much projects and they did slow work on the bigger projects (Sekai still better than JAST at least in term of release). So if Sekai somehow manage to announce Aokana by AX later, my reaction would be between mixed (Already expected that and hopeful it'll be quick).

I think you understood Kiririri wrong here xD It's not Astro, but Kio Nachi who is the freelance writer here xD Meaning that even if Astro convinced his so-called friend, it'd mean nothing in the grand scheme of things as he isn't all that much important to the company who he worked for - sprite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case, then I think Astro should work off his sweat and blood to convince Sprite as well, or if not ask for Sekai help in order to convince Sprite together. After all, if Astro profusely defend Kio Nachi work in his earlier post as his friend here, then he should spend the same amount of effort like his friend to allow Aokana to be localized. Because I believe that no one is fitting to translated Aokana other than Astro who understand Kio Nachi struggle to write Aokana as freelancer writer, and I'm sure that Astro would do his best to allow his friend work to be more well known.

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, littleshogun said:

In that case, then I think Astro should work off his sweat and blood to convince Sprite as well, or if not ask for Sekai help in order to convince Sprite together. After all, if Astro profusely defend Kio Nachi work in his earlier post as his friend here, then he should spend the same amount of effort like his friend to allow Aokana to be localized. Because after all, no one is fitting to translated Aokana other than Astro who understand Kio Nachi struggle to write Aokana as freelancer writer, and I'm sure that Astro would do his best to allow his friend work to be more well known.

Err... I don't think that's how these things usually go xD From what I know, each localization company has its negotiator/negotiators who go to these meetings with the JP side and then try to negotiate a deal regarding localization. In other words... the TLer from the localization company and the freelance writer from the JP company... aren't on that meeting. So they don't have any say or influence regarding business stuff negotiators have to go through xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×