Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Thanks for volunteering, but we got enough editors already and generally its bad idea to have several editors working on same route due to different styles.

Most important is still QC — we wouldn't get all these Ageha errors if someone would actually play through it in game. So yeah, we need that everyone who signed up for QC actually complete all game routes, including reading h-scenes.

QC = Quality Control ?? Or Somheting Else ?

Thanks for volunteering, but we got enough editors already and generally its bad idea to have several editors working on same route due to different styles.

Most important is still QC — we wouldn't get all these Ageha errors if someone would actually play through it in game. So yeah, we need that everyone who signed up for QC actually complete all game routes, including reading h-scenes.

If you need more people checking over the translation/edited lines I could help,quite new to the VN editing/translation scene. Reading the novel right now

heey guys i started the game yesterday installed the patch and than i get sometimes

those errors anyone know how i fix them?

1. Check your system locale. It should be japanese. (Substitutes like applocale do not work)

2. If locale is japanese, you didn't install patch correctly. Reinstall game and use this bat file: https://fuwanovel.net/other/IMHHW%20restoration%20patch%20improved.bat

HF pAppLoc Tested and working in Windows 8 Pro

If you have this kind of errors

dsdsmayjv.jpg

You have to install this:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=329 (Tested on windows 8 Pro)

If you run the game without changing you locale or without using this modded version of applocale (On Windows Vista, 7, 8) you gonna get those errors

This is a modded version of the original applocale that adds a context menu to right click "Run With Japanese Locale As Administrator" my locale is "Español (Mexico)" and i run the game without these errors

^-^

Hi, thanks for such an awesome work! But ive got a peoblem. Yesterday i first started playing this vn and stopped at the point when amane first tak with vice president. Today i decided to install Ageha fix beforehand. When i tried to load the save, alll i got was the blank text window and nothing happens afterwards. When i try to load prev save it starts raining errors at some point, even though it was fine yesterday. I've got win7 and its installed into program files using fixed bat. Gonna try to reinstall it outside with a native bat. Screens attached.

e567219122b23821ebbb009a427a60c8.png

c54304e024d495b24658b610425f149d.png

Hi, thanks for such an awesome work! But ive got a peoblem. Yesterday i first started playing this vn and stopped at the point when amane first tak with vice president. Today i decided to install Ageha fix beforehand.

You didn't run bat file again, did you?

Fix is just "replace old file with new one".

By the way, this is just something to tell you if you didn't already know. Some of the names in the moe-novel translation, I can clearly tell they do Lastname-san in the voicing but in the English translation they simply use the first name as if it's of no importance. Would your patch later on change the times when people are addressed by their last names to the same way in the English translation? It may be "somewhat small" but it's still an important detail in my opinion, since it carries some importance in meaning and how close people are.

By the way, this is just something to tell you if you didn't already know. Some of the names in the moe-novel translation, I can clearly tell they do Lastname-san in the voicing but in the English translation they simply use the first name as if it's of no importance. Would your patch later on change the times when people are addressed by their last names to the same way in the English translation? It may be "somewhat small" but it's still an important detail in my opinion, since it carries some importance in meaning and how close people are.

As noted in release notes, honorifics usage is inconsistent — there's just way too much of lines with "localization" to fix it in reasonable time. We fixed sensei/senpai and some of -san usage, and doing some more work on some specific cases (Amane, A-chan), but no idea about other instances.

correction, sometimes it only display the character only, while the background is either black or green

Some other people with same problem confirmed that installing patch properly solved the problem. I'll send you link to ready, prepatched game in PM, that one should work as is.

As noted in release notes, honorifics usage is inconsistent — there's just way too much of lines with "localization" to fix it in reasonable time. We fixed sensei/senpai and some of -san usage, and doing some more work on some specific cases (Amane, A-chan), but no idea about other instances.

* Search for [name][honourific] in Japanese

* Find and replace name in matching English line

Quick and easy, no?

Quick and easy, no?

Yeah, I was using "search on scripts" with jap honorifics for fixed we added, but I don't think its good idea to do it fully automatically. Would at least need to implement some method of manual verification of each changed line.

Yeah, I was using "search on scripts" with jap honorifics for fixed we added, but I don't think its good idea to do it fully automatically. Would at least need to implement some method of manual verification of each changed line.

Agreed, there are odd places where adding it would be odd or out of place. The usage of honorifics also has some differences throughout too.

Okay, it's not a huge issue since most people can hear and understand that part in the voice-over if we take the time to do so. Was just wondering because I saw it in a few places :). Also want to say that so far with the fixed .bat on windows 7 x64 I'm running into no issues with the Ageha route fix. Though for anyone out there with problems, if you close the .bat prematurely, and simply run it again to compensate I think it may cause problems, since it doesn't rewrite. The .bat desplays any inability to rewrite files as either file missing or problem with the patcher exe (don't know if someone already said this).

After finishing the game I gotta say you could really, really feel what was translated by you guys and what was translated by MoeNovel. Seriously, some parts of the original translation wasn't just "censorship", but rather deliberately falsified information via mistranslations, the hell is up with that.

Thanks to everyone who stood up for the sake of the community in this project, and I hope this lesson may be learnt by translation teams around the world to never try what MN did with this again.

Quick and easy, no?

Primary issue with that is things where the Japanese uses a character's name, while the equivalent in English would use "you," "your," or some other pronoun.