Yuzusoft 9th Project

iamnoob

49 minutes ago, Asonn said:

It is also my own fault because I have played to many moeges. 

lol, I know that feeling. I might be new to VNs but I have read waaaaay to much manga. To the point I'm extra critical of them and only like maybe 1 out of 10... well probably worse tbh. Once you've seen the same tropes and scenarios 100's of times they lose any appeal they had. It's a love/hate thing and I keep looking for those few I find entertaining. One trend I find depressing is that the more original a series is, the less popular it is, and the more likely it will be dropped. I'm sure that's an oversimplification but I've seen so many series I like dropped that I've begun to wonder if the masses really *do* like to be feed the same song and dance over and over again.

At least most VN's are 18+ so I don't have to worry about "will they or won't they" or protag is the average every man boring high schooler... oh.. wait.. Nah, I've liked about 25% of the VNs I've read so far so that's an improvement :P

46 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Yeah, as a moege, I loved Dracu-riot! immensely

Noodle Works was decent but nothing amazing

I remember enjoying the Dracu-riot manga. Though I don't remember much about it. Still, I became interested in Yuzusoft's VNs because of it. Have to get around to reading one.

1 minute ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

I remember enjoying the Dracu-riot manga. Though I don't remember much about it. Still, I became interested in Yuzusoft's VNs because of it. Have to get around to reading one.

Yeah, the manga was really enjoyable for the length it was

Too bad the Irina route of the manga was dropped

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

No, I did not

Look pretty much anywhere I'm talking about Noble Works

Changes are I'm calling it that there too

Ok, maybe the the noodle works wasn´t a mistake but ... 

Bam. Caught you. :makina: 

Sorry, thread derailing over. :sachi: 

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Ok, maybe the the noodle works wasn´t a mistake but ... 

Bam. Caught you. :makina: 

Sorry, thread derailing over. :sachi: 

Hnngghh

Anyways, yes Yuzusoft's titles are mediocre at best if you're not that into moege and such

Their character design is rather good, art is solid and they use a neat sprite system which changes the sprites abut 4-5 times per line, thus making them feel much more alive.

I really can't say much about Yuzusoft in the end, as I've only played Noodle Works, ,Dracu-riot and the trial of Amairo, but even by those merits, I must say that Yuzusoft indeed is one of my favorite moege producers.

Mmmm... Noodles. I want some ramen and not the instant kind.

What's wrong with word substitution? It's done on porpoise, it's in no way due to our laziness or dependence on auto spellcheck.

May the internet rot our brains.

On topic - Not sure how I feel about moege just yet. I haven't played enough to form an opinion.

Well, any extreme can be bad. I've read many a story with interesting characters, setting, and introduction only to have the ending collapse under it's own weight because of too many story threads. I'd rather have quality over quantity. Either characters or plot. Walking talking archetypes/tropes is just as bad. Balance in all things as they say.

That said don't hate fluff. Especially if it's self aware or a parody. While I don't know if it really qualifies as fluffy, the recent anime that comes to mind is Konosuba. Taken individually it's characters and story aren't very deep, but overall it works great as an inversion/deconstruction of a setting/genre that's been too popular of late, imo. Love the MC.