Yuzusoft 9th Project

iamnoob

5 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

You should at least give Dracu-riot! a try if you have to play something from them

It's overall one of the best moeges I've ever played, and it has some nice action and slight strokes of chuunige thrown in

I've been planning on getting to it once I know Japanese. I don't want to play an incomplete English patch after all. :miyako:

Ahh.. that's right. I was ready to try Dracu-riot until I realized there was no full patch. Would it be an ok title to start learning Japanese with? It should lack any major infodumps at least being a moege?

Seems the only game with full translation is noodle noble works. Is it really that bad? Well the summary does worry me a bit. It's a well traveled road, that scenario.

Right on, now that I think about it starting with a partially translated VN does have it's merits. Insomuch that I won't be going in completely dark about the characters, story, setting. Easier to catch your own mistakes if you have some context, in theory?

Alright, I'm going to stop procrastinating and at least get the tools I need this weekend.

1 hour ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Ahh.. that's right. I was ready to try Dracu-riot until I realized there was no full patch. Would it be an ok title to start learning Japanese with? It should lack any major infodumps at least being a moege?

Seems the only game with full translation is noodle noble works. Is it really that bad? Well the summary does worry me a bit. It's a well traveled road, that scenario.

Noble Works is by no means bad. If you like the common route and if you like one of the routes, you should like the title entirely.

The title itself focuses on rich Ojou-samas, so long as you like the trope and variations of it, you should be fine.

For an English player, the translation is actually rather good.

Do note, however, that you will only enjoy the VN if you enjoy moege with no serious plot to speak of. Dracu-Riot seems to be heavily praised due to having an actual plot and many other uncommon characteristics in moege. Do not expect the same of Noble Works.

20 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Noble Works is by no means bad. If you like the common route and if you like one of the routes, you should like the title entirely.

The title itself focuses on rich Ojou-samas, so long as you like the trope and variations of it, you should be fine.

For an English player, the translation is actually rather good.

Do note, however, that you will only enjoy the VN if you enjoy moege with no serious plot to speak of. Dracu-Riot seems to be heavily praised due to having an actual plot and many other uncommon characteristics in moege. Do not expect the same of Noble Works.

Well it's hard to say with Ojou-sama's. It's sorta hit or miss for me. There is some manga with them that I've enjoyed but as far as VNs go I did not enjoy Princess Evangile. Heroines just a tad too naive for me and the plot itself was formulaic to the point of making large chunks of the routes feel rehashed/redundant. The endings... well I won't get into those. Not to mention failing to deliver routes for girls that inexplicably didn't have them despite their involvement in the common route. Afaik the fandisk addresses the later point, but I'm not exactly motivated to read it.

Generally speaking I'm more apt to enjoy them if the focus is on comedy and not primarily at the expense of naive girls. Tbh I'd rather have a smart/proactive protag but it seems like there are far more that aren't.

51 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Well it's hard to say with Ojou-sama's. It's sorta hit or miss for me. There is some manga with them that I've enjoyed but as far as VNs go I did not enjoy Princess Evangile. Heroines just a tad too naive for me and the plot itself was formulaic to the point of making large chunks of the routes feel rehashed/redundant. The endings... well I won't get into those. Not to mention failing to deliver routes for girls that inexplicably didn't have them despite their involvement in the common route. Afaik the fandisk addresses the later point, but I'm not exactly motivated to read it.

Generally speaking I'm more apt to enjoy them if the focus is on comedy and not primarily at the expense of naive girls. Tbh I'd rather have a smart/proactive protag but it seems like there are far more that aren't.

About Noble Works:
-A couple of endings may not deliver. Others do.
-The focus is effectively on comedy, and not usually at the girls' expense.
-Conclusions to the drama sections may not be your cup of tea. These focus on comedy over drama. The drama never hits anything too serious on purpose.
-There's a character with no route that some people wanted a route for.
-The protagonist is fairly analytical and smart so far as moege protagonists go.

1 hour ago, Tiagofvarela said:

About Noble Works:
-A couple of endings may not deliver. Others do.
-The focus is effectively on comedy, and not usually at the girls' expense.
-Conclusions to the drama sections may not be your cup of tea. These focus on comedy over drama. The drama never hits anything too serious on purpose.
-There's a character with no route that some people wanted a route for.
-The protagonist is fairly analytical and smart so far as moege protagonists go.

Thanks for the run down. Sounds like it's worth a try. For a game like this I actually prefer that the drama not get serious. I mean the very idea of a random guy being thrown together with a bunch of ojou-sama's is kinda beyond belief to begin with. Not taking things altogether seriously is good, imo.