Latest news! Mangagamer has already end their partnership with winged cloud!

Dark_blade64

1 minute ago, Rooke said:

Oh, and BTW, AJ Tilley has run about 24 kickstarters over the course of his career. That's an absurd number, and haters of Sekai Project should keep that number in mind the next time they feel the urge to poke fun. He's run them under AJ Tilley, Face2Palm, KiritoKun, and now Dharker Studios (or however you spell it.)

Tilley also doesn't have a nice rep btw, for other reasons than Winged Cloud though.

ah. I was wondering why it was so successful. I guess 24 kickstarters would make quite the base

4 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Oh, and BTW, AJ Tilley has run about 24 kickstarters over the course of his career. That's an absurd number, and haters of Sekai Project should keep that number in mind the next time they feel the urge to poke fun.

Tilley also doesn't have a nice rep btw, for other reasons than Winged Cloud though.

Just because Stalin killed more people than Hitler doesnt make Hitler a nice guy

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Oh, and BTW, AJ Tilley has run about 24 kickstarters over the course of his career. That's an absurd number, and haters of Sekai Project should keep that number in mind the next time they feel the urge to poke fun. He's run them under AJ Tilley, Face2Palm, KiritoKun, and now Dharker Studios (or however you spell it.)

No way I'm giving Sekai Project a free pass even if you present to me that AJTilley is worse. Their kickstarter shenanigans and sins are just as unforgivable.

In fact both of them can go die in a fire for all I care. 

P.S. LOL KiritoKun? Shit.... Sword Art Online fanboys everywhere...

4 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

No way I'm giving Sekai Project a free pass even if you present to me that AJTilley is worse.

In fact both of them can go die in a fire for all I care. 

P.S. LOL KiritoKun? Shit.... Sword Art Online fanboys everywhere...

Well, yes, even if something is more terrible, it doesn't mean that you should ignore everything less terrible. That's just bad practice.

And I wouldn't be suprised if even my supermarket here in the middle of nowhere would have SAO fanboys

6 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Their kickstarter shenanigans and sins are just as unforgivable.

Not really. AJ Tilley has admitted to kickstarting stuff that was already funded, whereas Sekai has expensive licensing costs that much of the Kickstarter revenue go towards. Very different actually, Sekai's attempted to expand fast and has expensive costs to cover, and most of the rumours surrounding Sekai's greed are either assumptions or flat out wrong.

I still fail to see what's wrong with using kickstarter like SP does. I mean, I've read all of the arguments, they just don't really register to me. So they use KS as a pre-order platform, they've stopped using KS like it was originally intended to be used... so what? I don't understand why these are necessarily bad things. I don't see what's ethically wrong about this practice. Then again, I back very few KS projects and I don't think I'd back one at a tier higher than the basic game tier, so I don't necessarily feel exploited, either.

To go back to the main topic, I'm kind of astonished at just how quickly this relationship broke up. WC managed to piss off MG in record time, bravo.

10 minutes ago, Decay said:

I still fail to see what's wrong with using kickstarter like SP does. I mean, I've read all of the arguments, they just don't really register to me. So they use KS as a pre-order platform, they've stopped using KS like it was originally intended to be used... so what? I don't understand why these are necessarily bad things. I don't see what's ethically wrong about this practice. Then again, I back very few KS projects and I don't think I'd back one at a tier higher than the basic game tier, so I don't necessarily feel exploited, either.

To go back to the main topic, I'm kind of astonished at just how quickly this relationship broke up. WC managed to piss off MG in record time, bravo.

See World End Economica kickstarter as well as missing Grisaia pledge rewards that are still yet to be delivered. SP keeps kickstarting new campaigns without resolving their old ones fully and leaving many customers unsatisfied. @XReaper can probably tell you more about his pledge in WEE because he was one of the customers that got totally screwed.

5 minutes ago, Decay said:

Many are upset kickstarter promised stuff are delayed, brushing off people who complains or give negative feedback, they are supposely exploiting kickstarter whetever or not they need the extra money and what does this say to us? That is wrong? Technically speaking... Who knows? The fact you think is not wrong, it doesn't mean it is, but that doesn't mean everyone else will hold the same opinion as you. In other words thoughts are subjective.