Sekai Project to host a panel at AOD San Francisco tomorrow, may announce Aokana license

Decay

59 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

This made my day:

:wahaha:

Mangagamer and Jast may have their issues, but I always felt that they at least cared about their fanbase to some degree. I feel nothing but bubbling contempt from Sekai Project, if you hate your work and the people you are working for.... just stop. Why do you continue to torture yourself?

I am not exactly thrilled by the current announcements and mainly because at the very bottom of their announcement email they say "additional information for all titles listed below to be revealed in the coming months". Screams kickstarter to me...and they don't bother mentioning if these will have all age or 18+ versions is worrying. 

So they just announced Hoshizora no Memoria, Sakura Dungeon, and 

KARAKARA is expected to be released on Steam and Denpasoft on June 27, 2016. Those interested can support KARAKARA on Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/karakara.

3 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I'm not sure if it's the wording that is off or if they truly plan to sell the game (karakara) for 9.99 and the 18+ patch for an additional 9.99 or if they mean there will be two separate versions one patched one not.

Nekopara was sold for $20 initially then $10 when it got on steam just a short time later. I guess this model worked, as it's what they went with again for Nekopara 2, and will do for this new game as well.

edit: Charging more for the adult version is something MG and JAST does as well, FYI.

10 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I am not exactly thrilled by the current announcements and mainly because at the very bottom of their announcement email they say "additional information for all titles listed below to be revealed in the coming months". Screams kickstarter to me...and they don't bother mentioning if these will have all age or 18+ versions is worrying. 

So they just announced Hoshizora no Memoria, Sakura Dungeon, and 

KARAKARA is expected to be released on Steam and Denpasoft on June 27, 2016.

So they just rip out the uncut content and dump it on steam? I mean it never had a all-ages version that replaced these scenes and context wise it would be kinda weird without massiv rewriting.

edit: god damn this "censored" forum software. i hate it.

11 minutes ago, XReaper said:

@Maxel1 so i´ve been right eh? sekai publishing a favourite title, namely hoshimemo on steam. was clear to me since half a year ago

Holy fuck, they got Favorite O_O I've already read Hoshimemo, and will probably buy 18+ version when it'll come out to get more of their VNs :D

5 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I would imagine the all ages version would get more sales, simply from being on steam.

Well how about not including Steam sales and directly from Mangagamer/Jast or any other websites where both versions are sold?

10 minutes ago, Crayten said:

553a98434aa21808310057d3.jpg?w=400

What does this picture insinuate xD?

I thought they would go with IroSeka, because of PSV port. They could also edit subs in OP video like MG does :P ... Damn I'm so happy :D Hmm, looking at it now, they licensed G-Senjou only for Steam, right? The same might happen to HoshiMemo, why? Existing translation and title might be "already milked" by most of VN fans... And they might think most of VN fans are pirates and won't buy 18+ because of the title being out for a while. I think it'll do well on Steam? I wanted Favorite to get licensed so badly T_T Hope SP won't fuck up with advertising/promoting/Steam-only etc. 

I find it a bit funny how much I care about 18+ versions existing for games when I almost always completely skip through said 18+ scenes to begin with.

10 dollars to back for karakara to get the all age and an 18+ patch is not horrible. I do have to say however I am extremely worried about the fact that they will be receiving all campaign funds regardless if the goal is met. Admittedly like many I don't generally use Indiegogo so I might be misunderstanding something. Only used it to back Indivisible and this is quite different.

1 minute ago, Nosebleed said:

Hoshimemo? Really?

Out of all Favorite games you pick the sole one that's already translated and has been read by pretty much everyone.

I'm not even arguing for Hoshimemo being bad, I just wish we'd gotten any other title by Favorite.

I thank the gods they didnt pick something else or otherwise we would end up with a all-ages release only from non fan-translated games.

1 minute ago, kyrt said:

I find it a bit funny how much I care about 18+ versions existing for games when I almost always completely skip through said 18+ scenes to begin with.

10 dollars to back for karakara to get the all age and an 18+ patch is not horrible. I do have to say however I am extremely worried about the fact that they will be receiving all campaign funds regardless if the goal is met. Admittedly like many I don't generally use Indiegogo so I might be misunderstanding something. Only used it to back Indivisible and this is quite different.

A lot of Kickstarter fans dislike Indiegogo for its 'flexible funding' feature. Yes, even if a project only raises $100, that money goes to the project manager after the campaign ends. With that said, it seems pretty unlikely that this project will fail. At least right now it seems to be going at a decent pace with its $30k goal. 

Still, I feel people that aren't already feeling burned by SP would be less reticent to back if it were a fixed funding project.