Best Of 2015 Discussion thread

VirginSmasher

Bwahahaha...!  Primal Hearts 2 is decent, but it definitely doesn't belong in the top ten, lol.

Ugeh, Bansenjin.

Surprised to see Sorcery Jokers up there, but it was a good game.

I didn't play Rance or Pure X Connect, so I honestly have no idea if they are worth it (though what I saw of Pure X Connect really didn't say anything positive about it)

Sanoba Witch was good, but it wasn't that good...

Obviously overrating Tokeijikake no Leyline's last chapter.

Hanasaki Work Spring is probably a good choice... I would have chosen Utakata no for that spot though.

Angel Beats is only partial, so I honestly don't think this should have even been considered...

... seriously?  Sakura no Uta as number 1?  *sighs in exasperation*

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

I was searching the internet randomly when I came across this.

Feel free to leave your complaints about VNDB and their shitty ratings here rather than other threads that don't need it. Have fun.

YES, YOU ARE SHIT!

Oh.. you meant the ratings. Ah. Yeah. They sure are shit .. :miyako: 

Ehe... Ehehe...

Everyone knows the best VN of 2015 is https://vndb.org/v16262 :makina:

Just now, Dergonu said:

YES, YOU ARE SHIT!

Oh.. you meant the ratings. Ah. Yeah. They sure are shit .. :miyako: 

Ehe... Ehehe...

Everyone knows the best VN of 2015 is https://vndb.org/v16262 :makina:

It's fine Derg. I think your ratings are shit as well...I mean you're shit I mean the ratings are :pyaa:

And nope. Everybody knows that the best VN of 2015 is this :holo:

https://vndb.org/v18077

Guro for laifu.

17 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Bwahahaha...!  Primal Hearts 2 is decent, but it definitely doesn't belong in the top ten, lol.

Ugeh, Bansenjin.

Surprised to see Sorcery Jokers up there, but it was a good game.

I didn't play Rance or Pure X Connect, so I honestly have no idea if they are worth it (though what I saw of Pure X Connect really didn't say anything positive about it)

Sanoba Witch was good, but it wasn't that good...

Obviously overrating Tokeijikake no Leyline's last chapter.

Hanasaki Work Spring is probably a good choice... I would have chosen Utakata no for that spot though.

Angel Beats is only partial, so I honestly don't think this should have even been considered...

... seriously?  Sakura no Uta as number 1?  *sighs in exasperation*

If you would gladly bless us with your top 10, we'd all really appreciate it :sachi:

1 minute ago, VirginSmasher said:

It's fine Derg. I think your ratings are shit as well...I mean you're shit I mean the ratings are :pyaa:

And nope. Everybody knows that the best VN of 2015 is this :holo:

https://vndb.org/v18077

Guro for laifu.

:makina:

Also, I havent played it :kosame:

Seems the level in it is a little too high for me at the moment. Will have to wait a bit longer to enjoy the aweseomeness that is Maggot baits.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

If you would gladly bless us with your top 10, we'd all really appreciate it :sachi:

Yes, Clephas, please show us the right list! :miyako:

I won't put them in order because I haven't declared my VN of the Year yet...

Kikan Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier

Natsuiro Recipe

Koko Kara Natsu no Innocence

Sakura no Uta (not from my personal tastes, and probably in ninth or tenth place)

Sorcery Jokers

Hana no No ni Saku Utakata no

Silverio Vendetta (in seventh place)

Sanoba Witch

Love Rec

Soreyori no Prologue (the fact that it could get me to rate it so highly despite it being typical Minori fare...) 

Edit: I was seriously surprised that there were not one but three chuuni or almost-chuunige on there... (Sorcery Jokers, Bansenjin, and Tokeijikake).  However, I generally don't approve of naming partial games or chapters as part of the top ten...

15 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I won't put them in order because I haven't declared my VN of the Year yet...

Kikan Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier

Natsuiro Recipe

Koko Kara Natsu no Innocence

Sakura no Uta (not from my personal tastes, and probably in ninth or tenth place)

Sorcery Jokers

Hana no No ni Saku Utakata no

Silverio Vendetta (in seventh place)

Sanoba Witch

Love Rec

Soreyori no Prologue (the fact that it could get me to rate it so highly despite it being typical Minori fare...) 

Edit: I was seriously surprised that there were not one but three chuuni or almost-chuunige on there... (Sorcery Jokers, Bansenjin, and Tokeijikake).  However, I generally don't approve of naming partial games or chapters as part of the top ten...

Thank you Cleph. Now I have more backlog to worry about for when I learn Japanese. At least they're good VNs.

Seriously, you don't want to see my wishlist :marie:

2015 was a pretty poor quality year in general.

One thing that bothers me is how overrated Bansenjin is... to be blunt, if I had to choose between Bansenjin and any other Light game, I'd choose that other Light game.  It is easily Masada's worst work...  I hate it when VNs get high ratings based solely on their famous writer's reputation.

Just now, Clephas said:

One thing that bothers me is how overrated Bansenjin is... to be blunt, if I had to choose between Bansenjin and any other Light game, I'd choose that other Light game.  It is easily Masada's worst work...  I hate it when VNs get high ratings based solely on their famous writer's reputation.

You probably weren't glad to hear that Senshinkan won against Parfait then...

16 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Thank you Cleph. Now I have more backlog to worry about for when I learn Japanese. At least they're good VNs.

Seriously, you don't want to see my wishlist :marie:

Yeah this ...

I recognize myself in this :yumiko:

My VNDB wishlist has some length to it, but add the other lists I have lying around its disgusting.

Will take me a few hundred years to get through these :wahaha:

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah this ...

I recognize myself in this :yumiko:

My VNDB wishlist has some length to it, but add the other lists I have lying around its disgusting.

Will take me a few hundred years to get through these :wahaha:

Mine will take around a thousand years it more. Then again, I cursed myself with this backlog.

7 hours ago, Clephas said:

Same with Key. Little Key fanboys are like, "OMG GAIZE! Key released Clannad, Rewrite and Little Busters. Angel Beats automatic 10/10 yo!"

24 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Same with Key. Little Key fanboys are like, "OMG GAIZE! Key released Clannad, Rewrite and Little Busters. Angel Beats automatic 10/10 yo!"

We won't know how good it is until it's fully released, but from what I hear, it hasn't gotten to the extra content that isn't in the anime, which is pretty stupid :amane: