About how long is Koisuru Natsu?

Mugi

Also, how should I generally interpret VNDB's listed length for visual novels? Medium, for instance, is represented by 10-30 hours. That's a good 20 hour difference, which I think is pretty big. And since I prefer to read longer VN's, the length could decide whether or not I read something. 

its a pretty good length. maybe like 28 hours if not more. the prologue is pretty long, its like 4-6 hours. then theres the heroines routes which are about the same length, a little shorter. also i have extra content that im not sure has been translated or not so i cant say for sure.

as far as understanding vndb's lengths standards, just take them as they are really. they cant be precise every time or even half the time. i know that there are huge differences in some cases but thats really all you have to go by. i think its just to let the reader now what they might get themselves into when reading it.

When you apply all these other patches like the harem patch, tanned patch and play the 3P route, it's about 25+ hours. 

I still don't know why play length is even measured that way in vndb. Maybe 10 hours if you only play 1 route? Who does that? Why buy a VN when you only play a single route? LOL

My determination for a whole length of the VN is when you play ALL THE ROUTES including side routes and even bonus heroine routes while in default Auto Mode setting. IMO, that's the most accurate way to measure a VN's length.

EDIT: You can set your pace for shorter/longer depending on your reading speed. I personally 100% of the time read slightly faster than the default auto mode setting so I tend to finish VNs about 3-5 hours shorter than their original length.

4 minutes ago, Mugi said:

And while i'm on the topic of VN length, how long is Symphonic Rain? I've been looking forward to that for a while, but seeing it might only be around 10 hours is pretty disappointing.

never read it but, and this might be just me, but i dont think length really decides if something is good or not, its the content. like lonely yuri. its very short but when i was done reading it, i was very happy with it.

22 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

never read it but, and this might be just me, but i dont think length really decides if something is good or not, its the content. like lonely yuri. its very short but when i was done reading it, i was very happy with it.

I agree. But right now i'm trying to find something that is at least 25 hours or so :amane: 

3 minutes ago, LiquidShu said:

Koisuru, KoiChoco, Noble Works... so many options Mugster. 

Well, I just finished Noble Works the other day. Koisuru an KoiChoco both look nice, but I can't read Japanese, so there's a bit i'd be missing out on with those extra patches on Koisuru right? And I've been hearing some mixed things about KoiChoco. I swear, the hardest thing about reading visual novels is choosing what to read next.

Just now, Mugi said:

Well, I just finished Noble Works the other day. Koisuru an KoiChoco both look nice, but I can't read Japanese, so there's a bit i'd be missing out on with those extra patches right? And I've been hearing some mixed things about KoiChoco. I swear, the hardest thing about reading visual novels is choosing what to read next.

You can get the KoiSuru with the 3P route patch, and I don't believe KoiChoco is missing anything, not that I noticed anyways. 

Have to agree with you there, about to finish Noble Works and I have no idea what to read next.

22 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Well, I just finished Noble Works the other day. Koisuru an KoiChoco both look nice, but I can't read Japanese, so there's a bit i'd be missing out on with those extra patches on Koisuru right? And I've been hearing some mixed things about KoiChoco. I swear, the hardest thing about reading visual novels is choosing what to read next.

the patches you have to download separate if you want them.

1 hour ago, Mugi said:

I can tell you some mixed things about Koirizo if you'd like  :sachi:

Seriously, though, having read Koirizo, I can say that Koichoco is probably better, without even having read it.  I'd try it first.

My thoughts with all 3 games. 

KoiRizo - "GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF THIS DRAMA ISLAND!"

KoiChoco - "Chisato, spare me from your Oscar winning performance..." and "Student council being more powerful than the CIA, M1-6, ISI, and KGB... COMBINED. Logic where?"

Noble Works - "Cute ojou-samas doing cute things. Watch now on Animal Planet."

2 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

KoiRizo - "GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF THIS DRAMA ISLAND!"

KoiChoco - "Chisato, spare me with your Oscar winning performance..." and "Student council being more powerful than the CIA, MI6, and KGB... COMBINED. Logic where?"

Noble Works - Cute ojou-samas doing cute things. Watch now on Animal Planet. 

If you think KoiChoco have a shitty student council then you should check out Gahkthun!