Mangagamer 2015 review

SilverLi

If I remember correctly, MangaGamer didn't anticipate Princess Evangile to be a top seller at all. Their expectations were probably hoovering in the same realm as Harukoi Otome did. I personally blame thank the youtube exposure.

Probably also why the fandisk hasn't come out of the backlog yet. Mangagamer had no plans concerning Whappiness, until after unexpected hordes of people started to ask for it a few weeks past release.

Setting aside Princess Evangile, that list ahs to be ironic voting - kind of like Steam's voting system. I mean..besides the actual H-scenes, most of that list is terrible. I mean, has anyone ever tried to actually "READ" Imo para, Eorge! or Boob wars? It's like eating broken glass, and then washing out your mouth with gasoline.

It's a crime to see KnS2 and Cartagra being neglected as much as they are. At least there are some redeeming factors to the lsit - PE, Higurashi (albiet jsut barely), and Eden.

It's also concerning, because it means MG may shy away from Chuuni just when they were starting to explore it, based on those results... When Tokyo Babel and Himawari are my most anticipated titles. =/

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Shows how narrow minded the Western market is when it comes to visual novels. Slap cute girls with big boobs on them and wham.... you got sales! 

Thus we are stuck in an infinite loop of too much moeblob and erogeblob.

But doesn't that also describe the Japanese market as well?

If there's something you can't take from the nukige buying crew, it's that they definitely put their money where their mouths is. Nukige have always sold well for MG, they basically lived on it up until now. So yeah, nukige took a lot of spots in the top, it just means that the market isn't there yet for some types of title to do really well.