Winter 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Dagashi Kashi 9 Not enough Saya/10

Grimgar, Dimension W - be over already 

Schwarzesmarken 10 It was bound to happen, and I also looked up what happens so I was expecting it, but 

most entertaining part of show was killed. Will miss her craziness.

LHz6whx.png

I'm actually proud of Grimgar's restraint.  It managed to go an entire episode without an insert song.  Now if we could just get them to stop talking about Manato every 5 minutes...

Schwarzesmarken...  I'm definitely enjoying this show, but I can't help but feel sad that it's not going to be in my top 3 this season because they compressed the story into a single cour.

Rakugo is a goddamned work of art.  If anything tops this for anime of the year for me, that just means it will have been a damned good year.

Erased...  loving it, and probably my #2 of the season, but I do wish they put more effort into the mystery.  This was like a two player game of Clue.

Ajin is fantastic, marred only by the fact that traditional Japanese low framerate animation is very obvious in an all CG show.  But the content of the show itself is tops.

Konosuba is the absolute worst...  ...for only being 10 episodes long.  I want more, do you hear me Deen?!

Gate is still Gate.

Well I certainly didn't predict boku dake would go that way. It remains awesome to the end. I had trouble not crying at one stage during that ep.

Konosuba, great ending. 2nd season, Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

Kouya wo mezasu yawn, the only unexpected plot twist and 100% predictable resolution of it. Even the romantic interests execution is a joke.

KonoSuba S2? Welp, I swear they need to change the character designs or heads will roll... specifically mine since I want to forget about them...

Other than that? Hopefully they didn't skip parts on the adaptation like this one considering future arcs are more story driven....

On 3/16/2016 at 8:40 AM, Jun Inoue said:

@NosebleedAre you tripping as fucking hard as I am, with this week's Gintama?

*raises hand* I'm tripping too. Kept saying "No no no no no no no no please no" when he first appeared on that ship....

.....the anime's gonna end in 2 more episodes (or was it 1?) as far as I recalled so I don't think we'll get a full explanation without going to the manga.

2 hours ago, Jibril said:

KonoSuba S2? Welp, I swear they need to change the character designs or heads will roll... specifically mine since I want to forget about them...

Other than that? Hopefully they didn't skip parts on the adaptation like this one considering future arcs are more story driven....

*raises hand* I'm tripping too. Kept saying "No no no no no no no no please no" when he first appeared on that ship....

.....the anime's gonna end in 2 more episodes (or was it 1?) as far as I recalled so I don't think we'll get a full explanation without going to the manga.

Regarding Kono Suba, I feel the complete opposite. I hope they leave the designs the exact same, as they go perfectly along with the derpy world and characters that the series is all about.

With Gintama, we can only hope that they'll just finish the adaptation with another anime series in due time (hopefully soon enough, since the manga is supposed to be ending soon, I think?)

45 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Regarding Kono Suba, I feel the complete opposite. I hope they leave the designs the exact same, as they go perfectly along with the derpy world and characters that the series is all about.

I.... well... yeah. It won't make sense to change the character design if you're not changing studio and moreover DEEN did decided to adapt the LN in a comedic route and skimping some of the actual story too hence the retarded design making sense... I'm still peeved though since the original LN designs are more vibrant compared to the original.

47 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

With Gintama, we can only hope that they'll just finish the adaptation with another anime series in due time (hopefully soon enough, since the manga is supposed to be ending soon, I think?)

Sorachi confirmed that the manga's final arc is starting this year but he said he doesn't know whether it'll end this year or the next.

2 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I.... well... yeah. It won't make sense to change the character design if you're not changing studio and moreover DEEN did decided to adapt the LN in a comedic route and skimping some of the actual story too hence the retarded design making sense... I'm still peeved though since the original LN designs are more vibrant compared to the original.

Sorachi confirmed that the manga's final arc is starting this year but he said he doesn't know whether it'll end this year or the next.

Well, the manga is still ahead, so I'm fairly certain they could just start adapting it late this year, and go on until the manga ends. With the end so close, it would be kinda crazy if Gintama's anime adaptation just ended here.

Man, I've really lost interest in pretty much everyting I started watching this season with the exception of Dagashi Kashi. 

Since I saw so many people comment on it, I decided to watch Galko-chan as well, and I have to say I share the same thoughts @Palas does, it truly feels like you're watching legit girl talk, but it's light hearted enough to be enjoyable by pretty much anybody. I have to say I never expected an anime to address female hygiene in such depth.

Considering before the anime I only saw Galko-chan on the cover of hentai doujins, it's at least good to know the actual show has more merit and isn't actually about fanservice.

5 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Man, I've really lost interest in pretty much everyting I started watching this season with the exception of Dagashi Kashi. 

Since I saw so many people comment on it, I decided to watch Galko-chan as well, and I have to say I share the same thoughts @Palas does, it truly feels like you're watching legit girl talk, but it's light hearted enough to be enjoyable by pretty much anybody. I have to say I never expected an anime to address female hygiene in such depth.

Considering before the anime I only saw Galko-chan on the cover of hentai doujins, it's at least good to know the actual show has more merit and isn't actually about fanservice.

You've lost interest in everything except the anime that's having trouble keeping people's interest? That's some fine irony there.

Finished Boku Dake

Well, there's the name drop anyway. Can't say the show took the direction I expected, but I can respect what it did, though I still feel it could have done better. Also if people keep complaining about Kayo being with Hiromi they're silly, the whole point was to save her, and what's the point in that if she then spends 15 years idly waiting.

Oh Boku Dake.... amazing first half but it went shit after the obvious twist.... So much more could have been done....

Fortunately that first half is great in it's own. 8/10. Could've finished in a much better way but I'm content with this.

45 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Oh Boku Dake.... amazing first half but it went shit after the obvious twist.... So much more could have been done....

Fortunately that first half is great in it's own. 8/10. Could've finished in a much better way but I'm contempt with this.

I hope contempt was a typo and you were content. I mostly agree. It started out awesome but then sort of lost a bit of its magic towards the end and the last episode wasn't entirely unpredictable but was still very good overall.

1 minute ago, ittaku said:

I hope contempt was a typo and you were content. I mostly agree. It started out awesome but then sort of lost a bit of its magic towards the end and the last episode wasn't entirely unpredictable but was still very good overall.

Yeah I meant content. Thanks for pointing that out.

Haruchika - remained consistently average to the end.

Kouya - remained consistently hohum to the end.

Galko-chan looks to be keeping the best new show this season now.

Boku dake was very solid but wasn't legendary to the end.

Dimension W has been sliding for quite a while now.

Gate - finished excellent

Heavy object - very good ending (with the usual elements of too much coincidence and luck requiring extra suspension of disbelief)

Dagashi Kashi - succeeds in disappointing more as time goes on. Luckily only one more episode otherwise I'd drop it now.

Pandora - silly but consistent and enjoyable to the end.

Luck & Logic - huh why did I sit through all that?

Bubuki Bunraki - sorta kinda decent finish for a show that was all over the place.

GATE ending is kind of... meh... But I can see why since it's an obvious set up for the future arcs (here's praying it'll ever get a continuation). I hope I don't have to resort to reading the LN though I won't be surprised if it comes to that. Solid 8/10 for the entire show overall and that first OP playing again at the end.... Kisida Kyodan sure do know how to make a good catchy rock song.

What surprises me however, is that I'll be sad seeing Heavy Object ended. Very flawed first 3 episodes and the next 5 episodes doesn't fare that much either but the second half of the show is absolutely stunning. It's no longer even about the author getting more of the story, it just the overall story and characters got better as the series progresses. Definitely didn't regret not dropping this flawed gem after the third episode. The animation is top notch too and hopefully J.C. Staff can at least maintain that standard for it's future shows. Another solid 8/10.

and that "Aishiteru baby". Qwenthur almost stole my heart there~ 

:sacchan: