Subahibi is getting an official localization

Down

@douggle so it is as I said - you did not even read second paragraph. Okay. People could speak about different things in same post, you know, this is not twitter or sms. So read second paragraph - that's my opinion about the official translation. First paragraph is just whining about good old days. Dunno, why I have to explain this.

Fair enough. Though its how you worded it, most people would interpret it the way I did, 

Edited by douggle

@douggle so it is as I said - you did not even read second paragraph. Okay. People could speak about different things in same post, you know, this is not twitter or sms. So read second paragraph - that's my opinion about the official translation. First paragraph is just whining about good old days. Dunno, why I have to explain this.

Fair enough. Though its how you worded it, most people would interpret it the way I did, 

But now they would not, I hope? :)

But now they would not, I hope? :)

Yeah you managed to clear up that misunderstanding.

• 5 months later...

Might as well comment on this since it came up.

There won't be any news about Subahibi for a long time still, sorry. Unfortunately, these things take time; there are a lot of factors at play behind the scenes for any official release, and Subahibi is no exception.

Really it's my fault for letting the word out that it was licensed in the first place, but my reasoning with that was that I just wanted people to know that something was indeed happening and it wasn't just sitting around for no reason.

I've learned that there's a good reason why most companies don't announce new licenses until they're already pretty close to release, at least...

Anyway, that's all there is to say about Subahibi right now, sorry. Everyone is better off putting it out of their mind for the foreseeable future.

From Moogy, who posted on Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4noy5r/translation_status_updatediscussion_jun_12/d45tymw 

You may now commence your mass, ritualistic "I'm going to end it all" speeches.

I've learned that there's a good reason why most companies don't announce new licenses until they're already pretty close to release, at least...

If people could only read this sentence right here, maybe we would get less people complaining because announcement X or  kickstarter Y wasn't updated every single week or something got delayed for a mere month.

What could I comment from this? Maybe hopefully Moogy will learned that announce his translation will be officially release very early wouldn't be good idea (Then again JAST did some kind of mistake ie announcing the game early and did many delay). Or most importantly if Moogy really want to let the English VN reader knew the beauty of SubaHibi asap, better just release it as fan translation instead of selling it to the official company. Then again, it's his choice maybe and from the moment I knew Subahibi get official release I'd already figure it would be waste of time for waiting Subahibi release. And I think even if Moogy didn't tell his reason for Subahibi delay release (Or announce that Subahibi got official release), nothing will change in regard of his infamy I think.

PS - I think the reaction for 4chan about this will be quite colorful I think.