Help pick my next big VN

Eclipsed

pick my  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Next VN?

This poll is closed to new votes

So after spending the past two weeks blitzing through the Kara no Shoujo series and getting advanced psychoemotional therapy for trauma induced by some of the more unfavorable & inevitable outcomes, its time to ggez and move on.

The next three big-tier VNs on my backlog that I'm interested in are conveniently:

• Fate/Stay
  • Muv-Luv
  • Umineko

These are all long as fuh, so I'm reading euphoria first since its flavor of the month atm, then I'll take a 7 year break and get to whatever's chosen here.

Edited by Eclipsed

Umineko. Even though it personally isn't a 10/10 for me, it's the best VN I've read in terms of accomplishing what it tried to do. It's honestly close to perfect in that regard.

Haven't read F/SN yet myself. A bit too daunting for me right now.

Muv Luv Alternative is a 7/10 game. It has great moments, yes, but overall it isn't all that impressive. IMHO it does not deserve very high a place in the hallmark of VN's.

Umineko is one of those rare instances where I don't mind the vn being a NVL style (bunch of text superimposed on the characters/whole screen and has more narration) just because the story is engaging. It's an 11 out of 10 in the story/plot and clearly blows Fate and Muv Luv out of the damn water. If you are more into the characters, then the later 2 might be better. 

I'v only read Muv-Luv, and it has great action,some quantum mechanics and theories , and shit romance(if there is any to be considered at all). Fate seems like its also more action based compared to normal VN,maybe there is good romance? IDK, haven't read it yet, I'v only seen the anime,so I can;t tell. I don't know much about Umineko,from what I see on the vndb page, Im guessing it is more mind games and details, probably not as much action as the above two, it will probably be more deception and tricks compared to direct confrontation( since your all in one place, you can't really start some fight without drawing much attention).No idea if there is romance at all. So based on that, I will recommend Muv-Luv because it is the only one I have read so far, It has a lot of action,the story was interesting for me, but the ending sucked. 

Read F/sn, you scrub  >.<  Don't make me Sakurafish you into submission.

Seriously, though, it's the only one out of the three that I've read, so I can't really recommend any of the others.  It's a great fantasy story with great immersion due to the infodumping and lore.  It uses real mythological and historical figures for the servants, so if you're into history and myths, it's pretty much one of the greatest things ever.  I am not ashamed to admit that my F/sn waifu is a genderbent King Arthur.