Fuwa DND group, anyone interested?

Zodai

So, I'm in a DND mood again, hoping us fellow NEET-folk might be able to figure something out.  Hopefully we'll get a few.

Prefer 5th Edition myself, as it's the one I know best and seems to be the most refined/easiest to understand design-wise.  Personally I'd prefer not to DM since I'm in a roleplaying mood these days but I can if need be.

Prefer roleplay-heavy stuff personally.  Technically this tends to work best with smaller groups but if enough people are interested we could get more than one game going.

Here are some starter rulesets from the player-perspective 5e-wise. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Anyone interested?  Should I set up a Skype group?  What are all our users?

So you finally did it eh. Does a complete noob have a chance of joining, and how many hours does a game usually take? I have no idea about this game at all, but I've heard enough about DND to be interested in trying it

A 'game' as a whole is split up over the course of months, usually in the form of 1-2 hour long weekly sessions or something similar.  Not opposed to noobs joining.

Alright, I'll try \ o /

Well, months if you want it to. Usually you play sort of short stories inside the grand scheme of a bigger and overriding campaign. Depending on the DM, you might just do random quests and such, which could mean missions of a couple days or a couple months. Or a grand campaign that would needs months to be completed.

Well, months if you want it to. Usually you play sort of short stories inside the grand scheme of a bigger and overriding campaign. Depending on the DM, you might just do random quests and such, which could mean missions of a couple days or a couple months. Or a grand campaign that would needs months to be completed.

Depends on the DMs style for sure.  I think short-mid length with consistent characters is probably the way to go.

Also, does everyone have Skype?  It'd be good to get stuff sorted out.

I'd be interested personally, I have some experience in dnd, though very little. Would we be using https://roll20.net/ ?

Yes, if I remember correctly Zodai's words.

Interested as well. Is there anyway you guys know what times this will be going on? I am quite busy during the day so I may just have to pass on this.

Here Zodai needs to decide. There's quite a bunch of people, so maybe one big group is done, maybe 2 different ones with a timezone more tolerant for americans and another for europeans, maybe most people can't join in the end and only 1 group is done, who knows. But if both timezones mix, then it'll probably be european night + american midday/early afternoon.

Yes, if I remember correctly Zodai's words.

Here Zodai needs to decide. There's quite a bunch of people, so maybe one big group is done, maybe 2 different ones with a timezone more tolerant for americans and another for europeans, maybe most people can't join in the end and only 1 group is done, who knows. But if both timezones mix, then it'll probably be european night + american midday/early afternoon.

Would appreciate an update once that is all figured out then ~