Rewrite gets an anime adaptation

Down

I have to scratch my head that some people think Clannad and Kanon weren't good anime. Opinions are subjective of course, but ... that's still pretty hard to buy into. Clannad especially is excellent. Even if you don't personally like the genre, the characters, storytelling and production should be acknowledged as exceptional.

With that said, Rewrite's story is nothing like Clannad and wouldn't lend itself to the same type of adaptation. I'm actually having a hard time imagining how to make the VN into a good anime without completely changing the story and flow. Hopefully they'll acknowledge that different mediums need different approaches and make whatever adjustments are necessary instead of trying too hard to be faithful to the source.

I have to scratch my head that some people think Clannad and Kanon weren't good anime. Opinions are subjective of course, but ... that's still pretty hard to buy into. Clannad especially is excellent. Even if you don't personally like the genre, the characters, storytelling and production should be acknowledged as exceptional.

With that said, Rewrite's story is nothing like Clannad and wouldn't lend itself to the same type of adaptation. I'm actually having a hard time imagining how to make the VN into a good anime without completely changing the story and flow. Hopefully they'll acknowledge that different mediums need different approaches and make whatever adjustments are necessary instead of trying too hard to be faithful to the source.

I just found out about the announcement and I was ready to orgasm all over the place. Then I read some people (not you guys but you guys reaffirmed it) saying that its going to suck because of 8-bit. I haven't seen Grisaia, because I haven't read Grisaia yet, but are they legitimately that bad? Is it as bad as Tsukihime?

jaxter0987, on 27 Sept 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

I just found out about the announcement and I was ready to orgasm all over the place. Then I read some people (not you guys but you guys reaffirmed it) saying that its going to suck because of 8-bit. I haven't seen Grisaia, because I haven't read Grisaia yet, but are they legitimately that bad? Is it as bad as Tsukihime?

It wasn't pissing in a bucket and dumping it on a quadripledgic bad, but it was pretty half-hearted. Alot was taken out to fit a single cour anime, to the point that only die hard fans would probably be able to enjoy it, to everyone else it would seem like a rushed mess. There were also alot of bizarre panty shots that seemed forced, even for anime.

astro, on 26 Sept 2015 - 9:12 PM, said:

And you thought you had low standards  :makina: You have much to learn

17bb50d2ce936af0073d9c3e621a18fc.png

Oh my word. I only have five titles with a rating of 10 on my list. Have I become a snooty conasurer wannabe of anime? I need to rethink my life.

There is no Tsukihime anime. (long, hard stare)