Historical(ish) VN

Jade

It's kind of weird that since I join fuwa, i literally don't manage to finish a single VN yet, so planning to change that :sachi:

So yeah, as the title say I'm looking for a historical(ish) VN.

Now the VN itself don't have to be 100% Identical to the real History and i don't expect it too.

As long as it set in the past and have to do with our world period of event i think that should be good enough for me.

Oh yeah, and No Hetare Protagonist please~, that shit pisses me off. In fact if the MC is some badass capable protagonist i will be very happy~

For an example....maybe something like ChuSInGura 46+1, which is AWESOME,

So yeahhh.....help me please? :kosame:

Kara no Shoujo and Cartaga takes place in Japan during the 50s.

Never actually know both of them so i might check it out though the thriller part kinda scare me :sachi: , thanks~

The description of ChuSinGura 46+1 reminded me a lot of Koihime Musou. Both have main characters who somehow go back in time to be the general to an army of female versions of famous historical generals. You should check it out.

Ehhh, that remind me i should actually finish Koihime Musou. Also, ChuSinGura and KM is quite different, for one the MC is actually doing something instead of letting the girl do all the fighting :P

Thanks~

Hakuouki (bakumatsu period)

Rose Guns Days (alternate post-war japan)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru (there's a flashback placed in post-war japan, but only in the final chapters)

Never play Hakuoki so I'll check that, which version tho?

Never actually know both of them so i might check it out though the thriller part kinda scare me :sachi: , thanks~

Ehhh, that remind me i should actually finish Koihime Musou. Also, ChuSinGura and KM is quite different, for one the MC is actually doing something instead of letting the girl do all the fighting :P

Thanks~

I've never been able to play CSG, or even heard of it, seeing as I can only play translated games. I could only base my opinion based on the VNDB entry. Though I do wish to play it one day, if possible. It sounds very interesting.

When I saw the title first thing I thought was Chuushingura, so it's good to know you've at least heard of it, amazing VN.

Don't forget Sengoku Koihime. It's also by BaseSon, and similar to Koihime (the protag is actually Kazuto's nephew), except in the Sengoku age rather than Sangoku. It's newer (720p) and has no game elements like Koihime Musou did. I liked it, but the ending was pretty disappointing, on par with Koihime Musou's ending.

There's also the Sangoku Hime and Sengoku Hime series from gesen if you want more gameplay, and a new VN called Sengo Muramasa coming out next month. It's set in 1939 and has the same turn-based grand conquest gameplay as the others.

I love the historical genre too, and I'm really wanting something else on the level of Chuushingura. I'll check out these suggestions here too, but I fear nothing will ever top Chuushingura.

No idea. I've only tried the trials and never got into the full games. I don't really like the gameplay that much, although the more I play the less worse it becomes. None of the stories have drawn me in at all or anything, so I just haven't gone much further than the trials really. So no idea on which is good.

If you can read Japanese, there's Hiragumo-chan from Liar-soft.

It follows the story of Matsunaga "Danjou" Hidehisa,

the man most famous for refusing to surrender his treasured teapot to Oda Nobunaga,

instead choosing to fill the teapot with explosives and blowing himself (and the teapot) up.

One major difference in this visual novel is that Hiragumo (the teapot) has been anthropomorphised into a girl Hidehisa falls in love with.

Whether or not Hidehisa ends up following his fate is up to you!