What are you playing?

EDIT: I'm now a few minutes in, and it's already touching on an issue that has been the subject of a lot of contemplation for me right now. I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

I love when this happens. Dra+Koi was kind of like that for me.

I've been stalled on G-Senjou for a while now after I read one route of Tsubaki's story, but I want to pick it up again. That said I've actually got some brutal scheduling for the next few weeks, but maybe I'll find some time. I hope I do 0.0

Nice to see you back, boxcar

Nice to see you back, boxcar

Yeah, I wound up getting pretty distracted from VN's for a while, then I went through this weird phase where I desperately wanted to play through Majikoi again, but I told myself I wouldn't until it's fully translated so I didn't, and then I gt a Wii U and Hyrule Warriors and Smash just came out and then I got a job for the holidays... well, yeah I guess some stuff happened. But I'm back, and I have a few VNs lined up after this one, so hopefully I wont disappear again for a while.

I've gotta say, the translation of Kira Kira is pretty rough. Im having a really difficult time dealing with lines like, " What is 'Indies'? ... They're so wild. so cool, so punk, and so Indies." It's Indie. It's Indie music. ARRGGHHH. The Indies are a collection of islands off in South Asia, and the term is not music related at all. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but this weird unnecessary pluralization comes up a lot and I feel like it would have been pretty easy to catch.

Soooo...I passed the last choice in Ayaya's route a while ago, and just got to the Second Heavenly King fight.  I heard that Ayaya's route was basically a big joke, but this is something else  xD

i think you will find Kagome's route more interesting than Ayaya's route  :D .

Just began Benio's route yesterday and I must say that:

the techical first time between her and Akihito made me laugh a lot because... well how can she think that punching him in the face and doing nothing can count as a first time? I think that's the first time of a character that made me laugh the most of all the VNs I played until now!

Finished Ayaya's route today...it was kinda meh, in my opinion.  Sure, she was dumb, at that's always funny, but the entire route just felt like fluff, which is better suited to fandisks.  I want me some character development  :/

That said, started on Kagome's route, and I'm liking it so far.  It's been pretty hyped to me, so I'm hoping that I'll like it as much as everyone else did.  Then again, I thought the same thing about Haru's route in G-senjou, and it's now my favorite route in the entire VN, so...just me being cautious, I guess.  I'll never blindly hope again after Michiru's route.

Hoshizora no Memoria (yeah yeah, I'm only actually reading it just now, despite having it listed as currently reading in my signature for like 12 years now)

Currently on first route, Asuho. Passed the first major couple crisis.

Misc. ramblings/thoughts/comments(spoilers)

• Komomo is best girl
  • Chinami annoyed the shit out of me at first but then she grew on me hardcore and I've come to appreciate her dynamics with You. The scene where she congratulated him once she found out he was dating Asuho really made me shed a tear. A well done "Graceful in defeat" trope.
  • Unfortunately, not really liking Aoi. She probably has the weakest development out of all heroines in the common route; I don't even know her first name GG. Maybe her character will be better when it is time for her route. Her sister is gawd adorable tho.
  • Komomo is best girl
  • I still find it weird when characters have sex within a day of actually becoming a couple, but whatever :P
  • I really liked the 'revelation' as to why Asuho tends to zoom in onto people's faces and stand on their right side. Here I was thinking there was some fancy psychological reason, but nope. It was a physiological reason xD (she's deaf in her right ear). The drama that came afterwards felt pretty unnecessary though. "I kept a secret from you. I'm bad. I don't deserve your love anymore" GG Asuho.
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Really liked how Mare popped up out of nowhere when Asuho decided to try to "break up" with You. Mare was out of focus up until that point, so I was like, "Alright, when's Mare gonna show up?" and then BAM!
  • Did I mention Komomo is best girl? Seriously, I was already attracted to the girl the moment she was introduced, but once she singlehandedly tanked the blade from her sister Kosame to save You, I was sold xD.

Hoshizora no Memoria (yeah yeah, I'm only actually reading it just now, despite having it listed as currently reading in my signature for like 12 years now)

Currently on first route, Asuho. Passed the first major couple crisis.

• Komomo is best girl
  • Chinami annoyed the shit out of me at first but then she grew on me hardcore and I've come to appreciate her dynamics with You. The scene where she congratulated him once she found out he was dating Asuho really made me shed a tear. A well done "Graceful in defeat" trope.
  • Unfortunately, not really liking Aoi. She probably has the weakest development out of all heroines in the common route; I don't even know her first name GG. Maybe her character will be better when it is time for her route. Her sister is gawd adorable tho.
  • Komomo is best girl
  • I still find it weird when characters have sex within a day of actually becoming a couple, but whatever :P
  • I really liked the 'revelation' as to why Asuho tends to zoom in onto people's faces and stand on their right side. Here I was thinking there was some fancy psychological reason, but nope. It was a physiological reason xD (she's deaf in her right ear). The drama that came afterwards felt pretty unnecessary though. "I kept a secret from you. I'm bad. I don't deserve your love anymore" GG Asuho.
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Really liked how Mare popped up out of nowhere when Asuho decided to try to "break up" with You. Mare was out of focus up until that point, so I was like, "Alright, when's Mare gonna show up?" and then BAM!
  • Did I mention Komomo is best girl? Seriously, I was already attracted to the girl the moment she was introduced, but once she singlehandedly tanked the blade from her sister Kosame to save You, I was sold xD.

Finally getting around to playing Sharin no Kuni. I hope I really enjoy it because I already have the fandisk too :P

Before you read the fandisc, know this: everything but Houzuki's route was machine TL'd because it's just fanservice dreck.  Really, I don't have a problem with h-scenes (usually), but it's pretty much h-scenes with minor fluff plot points in the background.  Also...they added h-scenes for some characters that really should never have had them.  Prime example:

Mana. They even have her be in a threesome with Kenichi and Sachi...no joke.

Don't read anything but Houzuki's route if you want a decent story.

• Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl

Komomo is indeed best girl, congrats on having excellent taste.  *internet high-five*

I loathe Isuzu (aka Aoi, they mention her first name somewhere along the line).  She's a spiteful little shit, and I wouldn't miss her if she vanished completely from the VN.  There's a moment in her route that I saw while skipping through it that made me hate her forever, with no possible chance of her redeeming herself.  I know I sound a little worked up, but she's the worst character in the entire VN, IMO.  Such a horrible person.

Is there someone that isn't initially annoyed by Chinami?  lol  The prologue kinda makes people hate her just because of how long it is and how much screentime she gets in it.

I've honestly gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore when newly formed couples have sex the first day they're together in VNs.  It's going to happen, so might as well get used to it  :/

Self-loathing can be quite potent if your self-esteem is low enough.  Seriously, don't underestimate psychology and the human mind.  That said, I thought the resulting drama was kind of silly.  Stubborn Asuho is stubborn.

I actually prefer to think of Mare's involvement as symbolism.  Makes it more personal that way, and less of a deus ex machina.  I initially thought it was kinda lame that someone else solved their problem for them, but after I thought of Mare's involvement as symbolism I didn't have any problems with it.

Before you read the fandisc, know this: everything but Houzuki's route was machine TL'd because it's just fanservice dreck.  Really, I don't have a problem with h-scenes (usually), but it's pretty much h-scenes with minor fluff plot points in the background.  Also...they added h-scenes for some characters that really should never have had them.  Prime example:

Mana. They even have her be in a threesome with Kenichi and Sachi...no joke.

Don't read anything but Houzuki's route if you want a decent story.

Yeah, you know what you are getting yourself into when you go for the fandisc. But I won't read machine garbage so I'll just click through it Thanks for the heads up about the routes

Yeah, you know what you are getting yourself into when you go for the fandisc. But I won't read machine garbage so I'll just click through it Thanks for the heads up about the routes

Actually, I wasn't quite sure what I was in for, since that was my first fandisc, so...pretty big shock.  One other thing: even Houzuki's route lacks text wrapping, so while the TL is pretty good, it's a little irritating to read sometimes.  I've gotten so spoiled with my high-quality translations and their glorious text wrapping -_-

I'm enjoying it so far, though this completely naively ignorant view of the music scene (at least early on) is pretty foreign to me. I mean, I played in a punk band in high school and was at least vaguely aware of the scene when I was in school, so watching these characters bumble around and have to look up information because they don't really know what a band is seems pretty insane to me. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I don't think so, though; I can't imagine your average Japanese student barely even knowing what a band is. 

If you would ask me, what a band is, I couldn't say more than "a bunch of people making music, I guess?".

So, I don't know anything about music and connected easily with this part of the plot because of that. It's feels like a real thing that probably would happen, if some guys without any clue decided to start a band.

It's good to stay open minded, because so haven't seen anything yet.

Well, your description of what a band is is totally and completely accurate. That's why I found it so incredibly ridiculous that they had to look up what the damn word meant.

Also,

KIRA KIRA IS A FUCKING RIDICULOUS THING AND I LOVE IT. I'm sure I'm not even 10% of the way into the craziness yet,  but their attempt to be punk by saying "fuck" a lot was hysterical on so many levels, and I really think they are nailing the humor in this game. 

EDIT: I just got to the part where

the MC talks about his panic attacks and his general mental state surrounding them

and it's beautiful. It's incredibly relatable, especially the bits where he talks about his feelings of freedom, and the parts where he talks about lacking drive. This is a really fantastic experience so far.

Eclipsed's HoshiMemo pt.II 

Finished Asuho, playing Isuzo route, currently at the resolution of the first major couple- or shall I say trio- quarrel. edit: OH LOL THE ROUTE'S DONE LOOOOL 

Misc. thoughts/comments(spoilers)

• So far Asuho's my favorite route, and favorite heroine. #1stplaythrough bias
  • While skipping through common route to get into Isuzu's route, got a glimpse of what I believe to be the mystery girl. Interesting.
  • Finally know Isuzu's name. I mean I know it's listed in the text box, but everybody has been calling her Aoi so yeah xD
  • There was a thread on Fuwa about how someone felt guilty for 'cheating' on a heroine for playing another route. Well, I just played Asuho's route, so yeah, I felt SOOO bad for her xD. Remember, the only reason she refrained from going after You in her route was because of her little "he wasn't able to get his first love, so why should I?" and not wanting to 'steal' him away from the mystery girl.
  • So if you think about it, it must have been like a big F!@$ YOU to Asuho to see that You totally ditches/doesn't even consider his first love when going for Isuzu, so all of her feeling guilty and hesitating was all for naught and costed her big time :P.
  • I'll give it to the Kogasaka siblings. They have some god-tier patience when it came to dealing with Isuzu. I would've given up- not even in the beginning of her route, but rather, at the beginning of the whole story >.>-
  • I liked the contrast b/w Isuzu and Asuho in terms of how they get together with You. For Asuho, it was her doing all of the work with You being an ignorant douche (actually, he KNEW, but was still too pansy to do anything about it) Then for Isuzu's route You's the one doing all of the work with Isuzu being the douche xD
  • Oh look, Ren's in the game! I guess that's why you have to play Isuzu's route to unlock Chinami's.
  • The repaired telescope scene saved the route for me. I was just about to lose my patience with how stupid their drama was and I was yelling at both You for his silent treatment BS and Isuzu for actually acknowledging that she should apologize to Chinami but was being too stubborn to do so.
  • edit: only regret I have with this route is that you don't actually get to spend time with Isuzu after her problems are solved to see her post-conflict personality (instead, the story ends) there is the epilogue, but that's like 5 seconds  :(

Okay, I know I'm gushing about it and I'm only a single chapter in, but Kira Kira just inspired me to write a song and I've had the worst writers block and haven't written a decent song in literally months and playing Kira Kira gave me just what I needed to actually make something decent. This is seriously a fantastic VN.

Finished Benio's route in Comyu and I must say that I found it good in order to explain the basics of the story and as for Benio herself I must say that I liked her (she is not the best and

her ally of justice ideology was kinda annoying mostly at the end of the route during the final fight in my opinion ^^

) but she is not a bad girl and some moments with her made me laugh

like the first h scenes with the end which was just hilarious for me

:D

like her funny reactions when she see Akihito with so many other girls. :)

Eclipsed's HoshiMemo pt. III

Komomo's route, after the grand revelation of what's been going on behind Komomo's, uh, issue.

Misc. thoughts/comments(spoilers)

• Komomo is best girl 
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl  :wub:
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl  :wub:  :wub:
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl  :wub:
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl
  • Komomo is best girl 
  • Komomo is best girl

• I gotta say, Komomo's route is friggen' AWESOME. There's no silly drama like there was in Asuho's or Isuzu's routes. I was completely immersed watching the interactions b/w Komomo & You while trying solve the mystery behind Komomo's nightmare. The other heroines are super out of focus in this route (to the point Chinami complains about her lack of screentime) but it was hilarious how everyone gangs up and calls You a traitor whenever Komomo takes him away  :D
  • Romance was well done. Komomo + You dynamics are pretty cute and entertaining; everything felt so natural that by the time they had their first time together it didn't feel rushed for me (or maybe I'm just used to the "sex within one day of becoming a couple" trend :P)
  • Well how about that. Kosame herself is Komomo's nightmare. I feel a bit silly for not realizing that since SO MANY HINTS ARE GIVEN!@# GOD I'M SO SLOW but hey, it's fun to get these "OHHH LIFE MAKES SENSE NOW" feelings when these types of revelations are made xD. I now feel bad about having a slight grudge towards Kosame ever since her actions towards Mare during the "The Lookout Incident"  :ph34r: