Summer 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Wow, 14. So maybe it simply continues when they recapture Pars and start the story of Arslan as King, and it deals with the neighboring countries and such? I can't imagine how they would have so many novels otherwise.

Yeah pretty sure that's what happens. They probably take back Echbatana in the seventh novel.

Well that's my guess based on the titles of the novels. http://arslansenki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Heroic_Legend_of_Arslan_(Original_Novel)

They could actually give us one more 24 ep season and end it once he becomes King. But pretty sure that we will get at least one more season.

Yeah pretty sure that's what happens. They probably take back Echbatana in the seventh novel.

Well that's my guess based on the titles of the novels. http://arslansenki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Heroic_Legend_of_Arslan_(Original_Novel)

They could actually give us one more 24 ep season and end it once he becomes King. But pretty sure that we will get at least one more season.

I guess it could be an important clue about the progression. It would be downright dumb to cut 1 episode if Arslan is right about to recapture Echbatana and become king, so I'm guessing this means there's a lot to be done before.

the finale of Wagnaria's a tease for season 4!! although it won't mean much without the entire cast there.

Liked Charlotte, Joukamachi, Gate was awesome, Finally finished up Rinne & Shokugeki, dropped Prison School because it was just dumb, Overlord just because I didn't feel like watching it anymore, Gangsta just wasn't interesting enough for me past episode 2.

Lots of good shows this season actually. Going to watch the last episode of Jitsu wa Watashi because of ep. 12 cliffhanger!!

Ending of Jitsu wa Watashi wa, it was as horrifyingly bad as I had guessed.

It started as some light-hearted fun, and the art was kinda cute, but they went down the cliche-after-cliche road way too hard. It was simply impossible to enjoy anything from the last episodes of the anime, where the studio tries to hastily make the heroines face their feelings but always without making progress, in true light to this kind of genre, to conclude it with a couple retarded scenes that make no sense and aren't funny.

Even if it was obvious, I'm still really disappointed studios don't dare make more closed-ended endings and stay true to the material's ending.

The last two episodes were fine, I can't imagine the last episode being THAT bad...

Speaking of harem shows without a proper ending... Monster Musume, come back!

PS: Prison School was so good, I hope they make a second season.

Well, it's mostly me being burnt after many years of seeing the same thing. Studios pick the less satisfying resolution (doesn't deserve to be called resolution) to get an easy open-ended final episode, in case they get to adapt more stuff. That, in turn, means they need to make the heroines face their feelings but, unlike in the original material, the plot does not truly advance. So we get the same sort of ending in every single anime of this genre. Not only it's repetitive, it also feels insanely unsatisfying to watch a final episode that denies the progression of the whole season.

Gangsta:

It was going pretty well and is one of my favorites this season, but the ending was a bit disappointing. Well I understand that there will be a second season but still they shouldn't have end it abruptly.

Hoping we get a second season soon and get to see the vast potential it has bear fruit. 

So my top shows of the season:

1.  Rokka no Yuusha - Went in expecting a basic kill-the-monster show and got a locked room mystery.  Fantasy Aztec Anime Batman is awesome.
  2. Classroom Crisis - Another expectation defier.  I really didn't think I'd be getting a political/corporate thriller out of this show.
  3. Overlord - It's pure power fantasy, but it's good power fantasy.  Ains-sama is P2W.
  4. Jitsu wa Watashi wa - Nice relaxing comedy that occasionally goes off the rails.  
  5. GATE - Another show that is fairly relaxing to watch.  I like the characters, and I don't have to think too hard about where the show is going.

There are some shows that might have made it, but they were kind of slow paced, so I saved them for a binge watch later.  Off the top of my head are Gangsta, Arslan Senki and Ushio to Tora.

Most disappointing show of the season:  Charlotte.  So much hype.  So much trainwreck.

I honestly don't think it would have helped.  He started with 6 episodes of SoL and that left 6 episodes for actual story telling.  He is a failure at storyboarding for timed/limited allotments.

So he basically needs more episodes to actually make something decent. 

RIP if Rewrite gets 13 episodes. 

I honestly don't think it would have helped.  He started with 6 episodes of SoL and that left 6 episodes for actual story telling.  He is a failure at storyboarding for timed/limited allotments.

More like he tried to make the plot bigger than it should have been, and the result was a convoluted mess of rushed storytelling.

A fact not helped by 6 episodes of derping around.

the finale of Wagnaria's a tease for season 4!! although it won't mean much without the entire cast there.

No, it was just a one hour long OVA that's planned. Clearly they only have to resolve Takanashi's issue with his mother and his impending relationship with Inami. The manga has finished so there won't be anything beyond that.

Of the year only? It's right into my top of worst anime I've ever watched xD

Mmm yeah it might make top 10 now that I think about it

It's not quite tsui no sora/mars of destruction though

That said:

My top anime of the season:

1. School-live: Finally an innovative take on the moe SoL genre with gripping, emotional storytelling alongside cute girls doing cute things

2. Oremonogatari: well, yea

3. Rokka no Yuusha: A great fantasy/locked room mystery held back a bit by its shoddy animation and terrible CG

4. Charlotte: Best plot twists I've seen in a long while

5. Prison School: I have no idea what it is about this show because most of its content freaks me out to no end but it keeps me on the edge of my seat regardless

Mmm yeah it might make top 10 now that I think about it

It's not quite tsui no sora/mars of destruction though

That said:

My top anime of the season:

1. School-live: Finally an innovative take on the moe SoL genre with gripping, emotional storytelling alongside cute girls doing cute things

2. Oremonogatari: well, yea

3. Rokka no Yuusha: A great fantasy/locked room mystery held back a bit by its shoddy animation and terrible CG

4. Charlotte: Best plot twists I've seen in a long while

5. Prison School: I have no idea what it is about this show because most of its content freaks me out to no end but it keeps me on the edge of my seat regardless