H1Z1 Devs Make Cheaters Apologize Publicly On Youtube

Nosebleed

Yes, and then, ruining someone's reputation? what if one of those guys get beaten up IRL? what if they get labeled FOREVER and, even if they have good faith, they'll still be treated as shit? i understand that cheat is bad, but implying those people with their face this is just soo wrong. 

Sorry, i got  a little too fired up.

It's just that i hate guys who makes generalization (like most of the cheaters will cheat again) no, just no, everyone don't act the same.

don't worry you misunderstood probably something

I'm trying to tell you when people get banned for cheating and they should be able buy a second copy  (or for example a second steam account)

and "normal" people wouldn't make the same mistake twice and start cheating again because you don't put your hand there where it hurts

but even there are some exceptions it doesn't matter what you say and what you want them to do they just don't care

and they will never get it if you don't ban them again... that's it 

Yes, and then, ruining someone's reputation? what if one of those guys get beaten up IRL? what if they get labeled FOREVER and, even if they have good faith, they'll still be treated as shit? i understand that cheat is bad, but implying those people with their face this is just soo wrong. 

They don't have to make the video though. They broke the rules and cheated at a game. The dev doesn't even have to give them the option to come back. Is this a scummy way of doing it? Sure. But why in their right mind, would a cheater do that and apologize in public. 

I like the idea of holding players responsible for their actions, and making them think hard about the consequences of their actions.  Unfortunately, the Internet is a cruel place, and sincerity is not rewarded.  I'd tell the banned players to buy a new copy and think a bit harder about the effects of their actions on others before engaging in shady activities.

Not really the best idea imo. 

I get it that you should get them to do something since just letting them go after one simple apology will kinda get you a bad rep to those affected by the cheaters and maybe a loss of playerbase since they'll be thinking that "so that's what it only takes to get forgiven". But you know, Internet is a place where people can be quite stupid. Make a youtube video of them apologizing and the people who got affected will start bashing the person. It wouldn't be that bad if it stopped there since they were affected after all in their gaming experience but it will probably escalate. The people who weren't even affected or weren't affected that much would also start bashing just because other people are doing it. That crazy bandwagon effect is kinda harsh in this kind of things.

Just sayin' that they should get what they deserve, not more, not less. I don't really know the game but giving them a massive disadvantage in-game should be enough.

Or just, ban them 6 months.

I'm not sure such a public humiliation is a good idea, you basically break this guy's life by doing so, if he gets recognized IRL by a gamer, be sure that he could get shot in the head, since weapons are probably the most easily thing found in USA. 

Well, gotta give respect to those that had the decency to apologize, unlike all the other cowards. The apologizers already got punished by being banned, which serves them right, but getting punished again by some of the negative and mean comments I saw on Youtube shows how unforgiving the public can be, sadly.

A true apologizer would be someone who apologizes to the developers the same way without any intention of getting unbanned for doing so, therefore that probably doesn't counts to all the apologizers that recorded themselves "after" the developers demanded an apology though.