Dragon Ball Super !

FinalChaos

13 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the new season will turn out to be ?

• It will will amazing ........... I mean it's DBZ
    • Will be good but not as good as good ol' Z
    • Terrible......... It's a thing of the past
    • Dragon Ball ??? What's that ? ............ (Just kidding)

This poll is closed to new votes

Well by now I think everyone has heard about the new Dragon Ball anime - Dragon Ball Super

Sooo .........

What are your thoughts on it?

Think it will be as good as the legendary Dragon Ball Z ?

Think that it will not live up to the hype and will just be 'meh' ?

They need to learn from the first Dragon Ball and start focusing on more character and plot instead of just fights and putting Goku and Vegeta in the spotlight all the damn time.

The first Dragon Ball was so refreshing and explored the universe and the characters so in depth, even Chichi had nice character deveopment there, meanwhile in DBZ it's just endless fights, most of which were pretty darn shallow, and while they were still cool, especially if you're a kid, they could really use some more plot and backstory to elevate them and I think if Dragon Ball Super  focuses on the good aspects of DBZ (the fights) and the good aspects of the first Dragon Ball (plot and character development) we could have an amazing series.

I'll let AlphaOmegaSin explain it for me

They need to learn from the first Dragon Ball and start focusing on more character and plot instead of just fights and putting Goku and Vegeta in the spotlight all the damn time.

The first Dragon Ball was so refreshing and explored the universe and the characters so in depth, even Chichi had nice character deveopment there, meanwhile in DBZ it's just endless fights, most of which were pretty darn shallow, and while they were still cool, especially if you're a kid, they could really use some more plot and backstory to elevate them and I think if Dragon Ball Super  focuses on the good aspects of DBZ (the fights) and the good aspects of the first Dragon Ball (plot and character development) we could have an amazing series.

I'll let AlphaOmegaSin explain it for me

I do remember Dragon Ball, the plot wasn't complete nonsense, it just focused on a lot of different things outside of "bad guy comes > fight to the death"

Dragon Ball was actually pretty good if you care for the character's journey, it also gave attention and meaning to a lot of side characters, something DBZ utterly fails to do outside of the main cast. Gohan in particular was such a waste of a character after the Cell arc (and that's not to mention all the side characters that don't do jack shit throughout DBZ and actually had importance in Dragon Ball)

Sure I won't deny the scale of the first Dragon Ball was much smaller and as kids all we want is explosions and fighting, but I do think plot and character development can really do Dragon Ball some well needed justice.

But maybe that's just me..

I agree with Nosebleed that Dragon Ball was better than Z.

The fact that side characters actually had relevance to the plot was one of the better parts of Dragon Ball so hopefully Super does something with them before giving Goku another Super Saiyan form.

I completely agree with NoseBleed here. If they do manage to strike the balance between characters and fights of DB and Z, then DB Super will definitely be epic.

I did enjoy watching Battle of Gods, but then again much of that enjoyment might have come from the nostalgia. Still pretty excited for Return of F and Super.

You don't really see DB for the plot but it does have a pretty decent plot which is definitely not boring. You see for it for the characters and each and every single one of the characters has a disnct personality and is always remembered. We remember a lot of DB characters for the huge cast it has while I find myself forgetting about some characters in the small-cast of characters we have in anime now. Not to mention that the characters hardly ever feel hollow or boring. Recent animes hardly have that. Some new character is introduced and then dies in the next few episodes, some person whose name you forget the very next episode. Ironically in DBZ even though you know that the characters who die will definitely come back with a wish, you still don't want them to die, while in some other anime where people die for good you don't really care who dies.

The magic of DB is how you care about each and every character.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have much hope in it, we probably still wont get any character development, and it will just be a rehash of everything else that has happened with some new villains and a few new hair colors. I'm still salty that the coolest Super Saiyan transformation isn't even canon. I wish they would just stop trying to make more of it, but if they end up actually doing well and making something decent this time around i'll be happy.