Can you read multiple VNs/routes at once?

Nimbus

6 hours ago, simon4811 said:

So this boils down to two questions: 

1. Do you ever start playing a new VN before you finish your current one? Why or why not?

2. If so, how many VN's do you juggle between and your overall opinion of playing multiple VN's?

As for me, I binged the first Majikoi and then started on Grisaia no Kajitsu, then I was treated to the snoozefest known as the common route (Not saying the common route was bad or anything, just too long), and then proceeded to start on Majikoi S, a few nukiges (Ya know, for science), Koihime Musou, Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort, and then currently back to Majikoi S. I know it sounds like a crazy chain of events but that's just how I roll. So I was just curious as to what everyone else here in this forum has to say about this topic. :D

I have a chain combo going on of VNs I've started reading before finishing, going back to If My Heart Had Wings a few months ago...

6 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

i usually start like 3 or 4 vns because I cant decide, then I read some of them until I get hooked on one, then I bingeread that and move on to the next.

Since when do you actually finish VNs? (´・ω・`)

I try to read one a time, that way I can immerse myself fully in just one universe and enjoy it as much as possible. Sometimes I'll get either bored or read the best routes of a VN first and then not want to read the others, so I'll move on to something else temporarily.. and then like, never finish the other VN.

I usually try to read one Japanese and one English VN at the same time. Though currently, I'm reading just two Japanese VN's (Akagoei + Lovely & Cation) since I've finished Beat Blades Haruka.

Though I'll probably start with Tokyo Babel and/or Root Double as soon as they get released.

Before I never did and only read one but now I read usually around 2-3 of them at the same time with 3 being the max.

The good thing is that you sometimes want to take a break from reading one VN due to the story being intense, awkward moments, the protagonist being an idiot etc. On the other hand, the bad thing about doing this is that you sometimes forget the stories of the other VNs that you're currently reading. I have to sometimes replay some of the events just to catch up on what they're doing.

Previously, I was reading 6 of them at the same time which were:

- Princess Evangile

- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

- Noble Works

- Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort

- Edelweiss

- Majikoi/S

I've only finished reading half of them now. There's so many good VNs at the moment!

I only read one route at a time. I personally get better immersed in the story and characters that way. For a VN I'm deeply engrossed in, I'll finish all routes one by one until I've read through the entire thing. Otherwise, I may have 2-3 VNs that I'll alternate between. For example, I'll finish one route in one, then finish one route in another etc.. I never read two routes at once.

I am unable to read more than one VN at a time no matter how much i try. The main reason for this has to do with the fact that i become engrossed in a VN very quickly and easily become attached to the characters, which forces me to complete it all the way up to the end before starting a new one.

dekiru, when I started reading vns I hated reading more than once at the same time, but now I read multiple at the same time. Right now I'm reading 3 translated and I have a shit ton of untranslated ones which is a bad idea (specially unstranslated) because I forget parts of the plot sometimes and I have to start again.