Easy VNs to read in Japanese?

AdventSign

I've been learning Japanese over the last year or so and want to test my reading ability to see what I have to improve on and how my "skill level" is. Are there any recommendations? I prefer VNs similar to Da Capo or most Key games such as AIR and Kanon, but if there are any easier ones, feel free to recommend.

lol, people are using my thread again, haha.

Never a more self-indulgent post lolol. Clephas, you need to stop writing your thoughts verbatim.

To OP, I haven't really played KEY novels so I wouldn't know, but I'd recommend Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori, and Midori no Umi. I played them as my 2nd and third VN and quite enjoyed them, even though I struggled with some of the non voiced parts. (was N3 level). The link in my signature has a list as well, but those two are probably the easiest out of them.

Never read it myself, but I heard Hanahira is a really easy Japanese VN.

You're right. There is almost no narration and VN is more like a bunch of scenes like "cute girls are talking at school", "cute girls are talking at home", "cute girls are talking at shopping mall" etc. lol.

Language is very easy and VN is fully voiced too. So give it a shot.

Never a more self-indulgent post lolol. Clephas, you need to stop writing your thoughts verbatim.

To OP, I haven't really played KEY novels so I wouldn't know, but I'd recommend Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori, and Midori no Umi. I played them as my 2nd and third VN and quite enjoyed them, even though I struggled with some of the non voiced parts. (was N3 level). The link in my signature has a list as well, but those two are probably the easiest out of them.

Out of curiosity, what was you're first untld VN?

Snow is really quite easy. Very little narration, so you mostly only have to put up with dialogue. And the dialogue itself isn't anything complicated. It's the first untld VN I'm reading, and if I had to grade myself I would say my comprehension is between 95% - 100%. The only thing that might trip you up on occasion would probably be casual/slang expressions.  

Some of the works listed in this image are relatively easy to read, and can ultimately aid you as a test of your Japanese reading ability. However, I'd say you're better off specifically selecting from this list something like Flyable Heart or Harumade Kururu from each of those two categories, before moving on to what I'd consider intermediate-level reading titles. (Say, Parfait and Subarashiki Hibi) This list is quite outdated, not all the Visual Novels shown in it are necessarily what I or a lot of other pronounced 'Untranslated Eroge Readers' would consider beginner-level for reading. Whatever the case, reading anything will act as a form of testing your ability to read.

Out of curiosity, what was you're first untld VN?

Snow is really quite easy. Very little narration, so you mostly only have to put up with dialogue. And the dialogue itself isn't anything complicated. It's the first untld VN I'm reading, and if I had to grade myself I would say my comprehension is between 95% - 100%. The only thing that might trip you up on occasion would probably be casual/slang expressions.  

Well, technically my first was Clannad, but I got like a in-game day in before I stopped. My actual first was Subarashiki Hibi, after seeing it's OP

. My Japanese was around 1200-1500 words, Genki 1+2 at the time, so rather than being able to pick up grammar on the fly, that was the VN where I got lots of practicing using Jparser, and breaking down sentences and saying "oh this is a verb, noun". Most of the text is fairly simple, but the VN was inexplicably bizzare. Mah, it still left an impression and was interesting in places, even with all the mindscrew. Played for about 3 months, about half the novel (up to somewhere in Insects) before dropping the novel. Since it's popular and highly regarded work among intellectuals, I'll probably skim through the read parts and finish it one day.