About Utawarerumono 2

BookwormOtaku

A direct sequel is a bit weird... It's been like 7 years now since I played the game, but (spoilers about the ending of 1 maybe)

didn't the guy die at the end? So he won't be in the sequel?

If I'm remembering that correctly, then how is the sequel even going to work. Mmm, not convinced, but I liked the original a lot so we'll just have to see.

A direct sequel is a bit weird... It's been like 7 years now since I played the game, but (spoilers about the ending of 1 maybe)

didn't the guy die at the end? So he won't be in the sequel?

If I'm remembering that correctly, then how is the sequel even going to work. Mmm, not convinced, but I liked the original a lot so we'll just have to see.

It's kinda implied that he comes back when Eruru turns around in the final scene and smiles.

It's kinda implied that he comes back when Eruru turns around in the final scene and smiles.

Oh. Well I liked the land-conquering type of story they had too, but if the land is all peaceful now then I don't know what sort of story they'll come up with for 2. I hope it has some substance. Do not want a charage at all.

I still see a lot of potential for that worlds setting. :)

No one said it had to be a direct sequel, after all. Besides, peace never lasts - and I don't even mean that in some dramatic nihilistic fashion - just a simple truth in life.

Wonder if they will follow that old harem style like the original, or allow actual routes? I remember I felt that was my only gripe when I first played it, the manwhore approach never sits right with me. :P

Figured. There was a stupid teaser site where you had to click on a big rock to chip away at it and it needed like 1,000,000 clicks or something and when I last checked I think you could see part of the mask. I'm not too concerned with what the story is going to be like, just want more adorable animal-eared folks in my strategy games.

They'd better have a replacement for Aruruu though. I couldn't stand an Utawarerumono without Aruruu.

So just realised it's not even coming to PC. GG fuck this game.

Yeah they pulled that with ToT 2 as well =/ Not sure if to avoid piracy, or they jsut think it'll sell better on consoles/handhelds.

Really sucks though, odds of TL are pretty small, unless an official group takes it on. (quietly hopes for SP to step up).

Wow they say almost nothing about it after announcing it years and years ago, and then suddenly it's coming out in 5 months. Then again I'm pretty sure Tears to Tiara 2 got pushed back 3 or 4 times so maybe they wanted to avoid that snafu again. In 5 short months that game will be in my Vita. It will be in my Vita so hard.

I hope they reveal the bonuses for the special edition soon. Leaf/Aquaplus always have really awesome special editions.

Edit: Oh they already have revealed it. Mini-soundtrack, artbook, DLC codes. Pretty standard.