Kamidori, is it worth it?

Shikomizue

Let's get one thing straight, I'm a completionist. Therefore I cannot call a game complete unless I get everything I can possibly get.  Now, the reason I ask this is because I have messed up in this game and had to restart once. Then I messed up again and I have yet to restart. And restarting means I have to get every little thing I got before, and go through ALL the same dialogue over again. And so, I ask, is it worth it?

yes. its totally worth it. im a completionist  as well, and as one completionist to another, you are not going to get every item, cg, character, new attire, on the first go. you are going to have to use new game+ multiple times before you get everything. but i think its worth it because its fun, the lore is interesting, and each girls route offers a new story. 

yes. its totally worth it. im a completionist  as well, and as one completionist to another, you are not going to get every item, cg, character, new attire, on the first go. you are going to have to use new game+ multiple times before you get everything. but i think its worth it because its fun, the lore is interesting, and each girls route offers a new story.

Err...that depend on how far you went last time...

I would be fine if it was new game+, the thing is is that I got to chapter 7 and saved, but then I realized that I missed the next part of the dragon quest, of which you can only do in chapter 6. What really annoys me is that I did the one thing I promised myself to never do: save without checking that I got everything before moving on to the next chapter. Now, when I think about playing it over again, I think about all of the things I did before, which makes me not want to play it. It's like I'm stuck in a battle of procrastination.

you could check your auto saves and see if you still have the save file that way. if not then i say give it some time and try again. you barely scratched the service in that game. theres still looooooooooooooooooooooooooots of characters, locations, and items to discover.

little advice but some hcg can only be unlocked by getting the girls special outfits upgraded to a certain point. then theyll say something like "Lets meet at this place. just you and i" then you meet there and do the dirty deed. i bring this up because these will only work while doing that girls route. so if you dont get some before finishing the game then youll have to do the girls route all over again. like me who had to go through the game 5 times in order to get all the cgs.

you could check your auto saves and see if you still have the save file that way. if not then i say give it some time and try again. you barely scratched the service in that game. theres still looooooooooooooooooooooooooots of characters, locations, and items to discover.

little advice but some hcg can only be unlocked by getting the girls special outfits upgraded to a certain point. then theyll say something like "Lets meet at this place. just you and i" then you meet there and do the dirty deed. i bring this up because these will only work while doing that girls route. so if you dont get some before finishing the game then youll have to do the girls route all over again. like me who had to go through the game 5 times in order to get all the cgs.

Wait... this game auto-saves? Well that gives me some hope. I know about those CGs and I figured they'd only work in their respective routes. Thanks for the info.

If you're a completionist, you should know that New Game + has several quests that are designed for you to have either used the deadbeat dungeon or have played through the game several times (clearing all routes) while carrying over your level each time, so basically the game is designed for you not to be able to see everything in one playthrough. Don't get too hung up on missing some minor quest your first playthrough, because if you're going for full completion you'll be replaying that portion enough times to get it right next time.

If you're a completionist, you should know that New Game + has several quests that are designed for you to have either used the deadbeat dungeon or have played through the game several times (clearing all routes) while carrying over your level each time, so basically the game is designed for you not to be able to see everything in one playthrough. Don't get too hung up on missing some minor quest your first playthrough, because if you're going for full completion you'll be replaying that portion enough times to get it right next time.

Well, the good thing is that I do have an auto save before I went to chapter 7. Is there a specific quest line for the deadbeat dungeon? And will going there affect anything in this play through?

at some point in the earlier chapters, maybe chapter one, a guy will talk to another alchemist about how he found lots of treasure in one dungeon. he'll have something over his head while talking. i cant remember what it says. maybe deadbeat? once you see that then youve unlocked deadbeat dungeon.

its a dungeon thatll have enemies that dont attack you but if you kill them youll get lots of exp for it. also there are lots of valuables in it. once you complete one level of deadbeat dungeon youre shop will forever have "Deadbeat" in the lower left hand corner when viewing inside. it doesnt affect sales or anything in any way. its just there to remind you you took the easy way to get exp and money. there will be more dungeon levels as you progress through chapters. cant remember if there is a specific quest to it but you should have it unlocked. its located on the world map

also good thing it auto saved, right?

There are no quests involved with it, it's an optional free-explore dungeon that gives high amounts of exp/treasure but labels you as a deadbeat

Ah, okay, I won't go there then. I was just wondering if there were any quests from it.

good thing it auto saved, right?

Yes very good, I really like this game so it's great news that I can play again.

Ah, okay, I won't go there then. I was just wondering if there were any quests from it.

The deadbeat label does literally nothing as far as I know, it's simply a mark of shame. Using that dungeon makes the game easier, if you're getting bothered by the grind or whatever, use the dungeon.

If you have 200+ hours to spare and don't mind putting that much time into it, sure. I can't recommend it unless you don't have anything else to read, though, you could read multiple VN's in the time it would take you to 100% this game.