Another hype train? (07th Expansion's new project)

Vario

Okay, could we get the text translated?

All I can tell is that the authors list consists of someone who worked on Cross Channel, someone who worked on Little Busters and Rewrite, and Ryushiki.

My instinct says Romeo Tanaka and Jun Maeda are the two others, but my gut says that's probably jumping to conclusions.  I can't tell if the katakana for Romeo is actually that, and I thought Jun didn't work on Rewrite and resigned before it went into development ><;;

Okay, could we get the text translated?

All I can tell is that the authors list consists of someone who worked on Cross Channel, someone who worked on Little Busters and Rewrite, and Ryushiki.

My instinct says Romeo Tanaka and Jun Maeda are the two others, but my gut says that's probably jumping to conclusions.  I can't tell if the katakana for Romeo is actually that, and I thought Jun didn't work on Rewrite and resigned before it went into development ><;;

The three authors listed are Tanaka Romeo, Ryuukishi07 and Tonokawa Yuuto, aka the three writers who worked on Rewrite.

I'm, uh, not 100% sure what the text below means but what I read is "Hinamizawa bus stop" and "Theater play adaptation announced", which is very silly.

I'm pretty sure it IS an april's fool.

The three names are Tonokawa Yuuto, Tanaka Romeo, and Ryukishi07. They have all worked together on Rewrite, they were the three scenario writers on that project. It wouldn't be outlandish if they decided to all work together on another project. I'm a little skeptical because it's going back to the crappy developer art of old 07th games, when with RGD they actually had an professional artist, but if this is a smaller side project for everyone that might explain that.

I don't know what the rest of the text says.

edit: I should have read Down's post. Probably an april fools joke.

This year's April Fools announcement from Key (harmonia details) is much better than last year's. Last year on April 1st they announced that Angel Beats was delayed.  :makina:

I got kind of excited by the Trianthology title. The something no something something ni 'series' currently has 3 main titles in it that could conceivably be all thrown together into one big mash-up story due to story elements that are linked. In fact I don't doubt Ryuukishi07 someday really will do just that, but I do doubt he'd invite two other guys to participate in such a personal project even if they are really good writers.

Or (if it wasn't fake) it could be a mash-up of the worlds from the works of all three creators. Equally unlikely but fun to picture.

If you go into the main site there's another preview image (it just has the girl from the main image along with the three mirrors logo from above) with text that reads:

'When three world become one, Alice will awaken'

Possible meanings: Higurashi, Umineko and Higanbana's worlds will all finally come together.

Alternatively, worlds written by each of the three authors (probably original worlds for this VN) will come together in a mash-up of their writing styles.

Either of those would be pretty cool. I'd like to see Ryuukishi's stuff finally brought together for real, but I would also love to see what would happen when three guys with very different writing styles set up their own stories and worlds and then tell a story about what happens when they intersect.

WAITAMINUTE Romeo wrote Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita!!? I had no idea. Man I need to read everything else this guy has written. Jinrui is such a freaking awesome story with amazing, hilarious writing. Quick gimme some Romeo stuff so I can go devour it.

If you go into the main site there's another preview image (it just has the girl from the main image along with the three mirrors logo from above) with text that reads:

'When three world become one, Alice will awaken'

Possible meanings: Higurashi, Umineko and Higanbana's worlds will all finally come together.

Alternatively, worlds written by each of the three authors (probably original worlds for this VN) will come together in a mash-up of their writing styles.

Either of those would be pretty cool. I'd like to see Ryuukishi's stuff finally brought together for real, but I would also love to see what would happen when three guys with very different writing styles set up their own stories and worlds and then tell a story about what happens when they intersect.

WAITAMINUTE Romeo wrote Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita!!? I had no idea. Man I need to read everything else this guy has written. Jinrui is such a freaking awesome story with amazing, hilarious writing. Quick gimme some Romeo stuff so I can go devour it.

Cross Channel, Saihate no Ima

Both of these are considered landmark VNs in some way. Cross Channel has a translation, Saihate no Ima does not. The CC translation is generally considered bad and loses a lot of the quirkiness in Romeo's writing style, so probably read that in Japanese if you can.

He really does have a good sense of humor. I think Rewrite's best aspect was the humor in the common route, which is also his doing, but it drags on for a really long time and a lot of other people ended up disliking that part. Cross Channel and Saihate no Ima are much more serious stories, but still rely pretty heavily on humor, especially CC.