Ever17, Shikkoku no Sharnoth or Umineko?

Shikomizue

Without going into detail-

Ever 17- solid story. Many people seem to love it, and even though I disliked the mystery (Japanese mystery sucks), it was an alright experience. Remember11 is better, though.

Sharnoth- Beautiful prose, fine story. I also love the music and visuals. It's one of my favorites.

Umineko- The first part is kinda bad. Again, Japanese mystery sucks... Kara no Shoujo will be the best tld mystery VN you'll see, and it's not even particularly good. Second part was interesting, though (starting from episode 6. 5 is just the same as the first part). It's still a good work, though. 

I hadn't played Umineko nor Ever17 (and those VNs are great and interesting, so don't forget to read them) but well, and automatically, my recommendation will go towards Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

For many things : the writing style, the artstyle, female protag in a non-otome VN, steampunk London, lots of real life and real fictious characters, the art style, Mary Clarissa Christie...etc

I hadn't played Umineko nor Ever17 (and those VNs are great and interesting, so don't forget to read them) but well, and automatically, my recommendation will go towards Shikkoku no Sharnoth.

For many things : the writing style, the artstyle, female protag in a non-otome VN, steampunk London, lots of real life and real fictious characters, the art style, Mary Clarissa Christie...etc

Hmm... I noticed you mentioned the art style twice... ;)

Honestly all 3 are solid titles and you won't go wrong with any of them. Assign each of them 2 numbers on a die and roll it. Pick which one to play by doing that.

It just so happens that I have a die right next to me, you Awesome-Penguin-with-an-eyepatch-and-an-Uzi-Sir, are a genius.

@Sirius That's a double negative. :wafuu:

Umineko- The first part is kinda bad. Again, Japanese mystery sucks... Kara no Shoujo will be the best tld mystery VN you'll see, and it's not even particularly good. Second part was interesting, though (starting from episode 6. 5 is just the same as the first part). It's still a good work, though. 

I actually liked Umineko's question arcs just as much as the core arcs, or maybe even a little more. I liked some of the new characters introduced (Erika), disliked some of the others (Dlanor) and thought how they handled debate on the game board got a little too cheesy. But man, Erika is so good it pretty much canceled out all of the bad additions.

This is going off-topic so instead I'll just say to the OP that don't worry about Umineko having a bad start or anything, it's really great from the get-go IMO. 

I actually liked Umineko's question arcs just as much as the core arcs, or maybe even a little more. I liked some of the new characters introduced (Erika), disliked some of the others (Dlanor) and thought how they handled debate on the game board got a little too cheesy. But man, Erika is so good it pretty much canceled out all of the bad additions.

This is going off-topic so instead I'll just say to the OP that don't worry about Umineko having a bad start or anything, it's really great from the get-go IMO. 

I just have really high standards for mystery, I guess. The first part had more focus on that, and the way they handled it displeased me and was overall boring. It's not bad, it's just not my thing. 

They were all solid. If you liked survival and were coming off Swan Song, Ever17 would have been the best suggestion for you, but Sharnoth is still a great choice for VNs in general. There's nothing stopping you from reading 2-3 VNs at once.

Without going into detail-

Ever 17- solid story. Many people seem to love it, and even though I disliked the mystery (Japanese mystery sucks), it was an alright experience. Remember11 is better, though.

Sharnoth- Beautiful prose, fine story. I also love the music and visuals. It's one of my favorites.