Is it weird for a guy to love Uta no prince sama and BroCon?

Mikata jin

That's correct I'm a guy who really enjoyed the 2 anime and im excited about the season 3 of Utapri as well as the supposed season 2 of BroCon!

Guys and girls is it weird to enjoy the two anine that are supposedly aimed at girls?

Btw in case you're wondering I am straight. So don't go calling me homexsexual.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts and feelings.

Not at all!

I used to like a manga that was aimed for like 7 year old girls. I think the title was like peach peach mermaid or something. I was pretty young back then though :P I think my love for non-human heroine originated from here

It's perfectly fine! I honestly don't think gender has anything to do with liking a show or not, even if a series may be directed to a certain audience. For example, I know guys who don't like shows that are directed to guys and girls who don't like shows that are directed to girls. Heck, I know a bunch of guys who are into Free! even though the series was directed to girls. Also, don't forget about guys who cosplay from UtaPri, it shows that they enjoy the series as well! It basically boils down to your interests!

If people start calling you homosexual/insert insulting term because you like those series, then clearly there's something wrong with them.

UtaPri!!  :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking these things~ Gender and sexual orientation should have nothing to do with your enjoyment levels of anything really. Sure there is a "target audience" but you know what? People outside it can like it too.

Best example I can think of is Adventure Time! The original target audience was kids, but people of all ages jumped right in on that one. 

So there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking something like UtaPri or BroCon! There is nothing wrong with liking anything. As was said before me, openmindedness is key~ ^_^

UtaPri!! :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking these things~ Gender and sexual orientation should have nothing to do with your enjoyment levels of anything really. Sure there is a "target audience" but you know what? People outside it can like it too.

Best example I can think of is Adventure Time! The original target audience was kids, but people of all ages jumped right in on that one.

So there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking something like UtaPri or BroCon! There is nothing wrong with liking anything. As was said before me, openmindedness is key~ ^_^

Well there are some things you can't like.

I won't give examples but just think about what you cannot like!

It's fine.

I read a bunch of shoujo manga and go all crazy about the main heroine should choose this guy instead of that guy, because he is so cool blah blah.

...Don't look at me like that, I'm still a lolicon at heart.

Now that we're on the subject of open-mindedness toward anime tastes, I should express my undying love for Boku no Pico.  -_-

I'm really happy to see everyone's opinion here. The world, in general, is pretty sexist and prejudicist [probably not a thing], and even animes/VNs etc. tend to use that idea of "A guy shouldn't do this, a girl has to be feminine, etc etc".

Just enjoy what you like and you shouldn't worry about anything else.

Dude we live in a world where it is no longer socially acceptable to make fun of 40 year old men who watch a show about horses and friendship. You have nothing to worry about.

There's the example I was looking for. The brony movement is interesting since it highlights this particular issue where current society, as highly as it thinks of itself on racism, sexism, and related issues, is actually still extremely sexist: most people today unconsciously believe that men shouldn't like "girly" things. Thanks to feminist movements, it's long since become completely socially acceptable for girls to like whatever they like, and it's anathema to say otherwise (and this is fantastic!), but boys are still pretty boxed-in on what they should do, how they should dress, how they should speak, and so on.

This is a really sad state of affairs that makes life harder for a lot of people, especially teenagers who already have enough on their plate growing into adulthood while defining their identity.

On the up-side, I take an optimistic view that, at least in developed nations, every generation seems to get a little more understanding and open-minded, and is less prone to discrimination. I think people by and large want to be more open-minded than they are, and if the discrimination issue is pointed out to them appropriately, they usually see that they have an unconscious bias which they would themselves prefer not to have. I don't think this is an easily-solvable problem for an individual (it's really, really hard to change your unconscious biases, even once you're aware of them), but because of a desire to suppress those biases, each generation is filled with people who by and large raise their own children to not have those same biases. In doing so, the world slowly becomes a little bit more accepting.

So, you have nothing to be ashamed or worried about, even though it won't always feel that way, and even though the world unfortunately isn't going to change overnight into a place that's going to unconditionally accept that. But it's still ok for you to be excited about a "girly" tv show or a manly one, baking or barbecuing, sewing or sports, musical theatre or rock and roll, monster trucks or my little pony. It's all good.