Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

• 3 weeks later...

I played the Re;Birth games, so I wouldn't know how playing the originals would've affected my enjoyment of the series.

But, as you've said, the appeal of this type of game is with the girls rather than the gameplay. It's more on the interaction between the characters, if I do say so myself. If the person likes seeing cute girls do cute stuff, then they'll like this series.

That's all I have to say.

Made it to the start of Chapter 3 of Re;birth1; characters are level 17ish, got a total of two Game Overs so far (one from Black Heart cuz lolushouldprobstartgrindinganddoingquestsandreplacestarterequipmentcuzstats, and the second one being running into some Dangerous Shampuru in Zeca Ruins by accident), and cumulated 6 hours total playtime.

Loving Neptune, her 90% goofy uptime is wonderfully complimented by her 10% uptime as Purple Heart

Ugh. Why does it take so long for this game to get anywhere.

I don't care about pudding, most characters or their relationships with each other. 4th wall breaking is fun when it happens, but the game can't stand on that. 

Also, awful controls/okay-ish gameplay that I'd rather skip if possible.

Will it ever get better than that or will I still feel like murdering my whole party other than neptune by the endgame?

Finished Chapter 3. This game needs to stop with the forced-to-lose boss fights, I wasted several Life Fragments and made Vert look like a total tool using her Spiral Break EXE only to do mass misses and 0s on Fake Green Heart :makina:

n00b y u using Life Fragments on OP bosses?

Will it ever get better than that or will I still feel like murdering my whole party other than neptune by the endgame?

It depends on you, imo. Neptune's great tho.

n00b y u using Life Fragments on OP bosses?

:scottsune: Here's how the fight went down:

1. Fake Green Heart one shots both Neptune and Compa
  2. Vert uses Life Fragment on Compa
  3. Compa uses Life Fragment on Neptune
  4. Fake Green Heart one shots both Neptune and Compa
  5. Vert uses Spiral Break EXE Drive (epic fail ver.)
  6. Fake Green Heart one shots Vert

RIP

Made it to Chapter 7; characters all level ~60, all Lily Ranks at 3-4ish, ~24 hours of playtime

Still really enjoying the character banter, it's the whole point of this game at this point honestly :makina:

Things like Neptune going "Ta-da! I'm the CPU of Planeptune! Now give me the Hero's sword!@#" only to get brushed off as a kawaii loli by her own Basilicom; everyone's reaction to the Arfoire reveal, or freaking MAGES. being a S;G Okabe rip off with her endless hunt for Doc Tear Popper & calling Noire assistant for sharing the same VA as Kurisu. There are hundreds of these over the top moments.

~~

Gameplay on the other hand ...  :Kappa:

All of a sudden I have double the characters that I had from the first half of the game that I'm assuming made appearances in other games but frankly I dun care about them and to me it just adds to that eventual grind I'll have to do if I want to max everybody's Lily Ranks

Combat wise it's really all a matter of tanking bosses until you can build up your EXE Gauge while prepping up a Guard Break and then pray that your EXE Drive burst is enough to finish it otherwise GG (especially if its a boss that heals for 20k+ per turn)

Oh if you guys are having problems with the grind, you can use Destroy Symbols + Symbol Gains and all you need to do is symbol attack an enemy that is weaker than you and you gain all the EXP/money rewards without ever having to fight. This also works wonders with the Lily Ranks.

If you are playing Re;birth2 or Mk2 or Victory, I posted a nice godlike party setup that guarantees complete victory against any enemy as long as you have enough TEC to land hits consistently.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/351710/discussions/0/598198356199734292/

:scottsune: Here's how the fight went down:

1. Fake Green Heart one shots both Neptune and Compa
  2. Vert uses Life Fragment on Compa
  3. Compa uses Life Fragment on Neptune
  4. Fake Green Heart one shots both Neptune and Compa
  5. Vert uses Spiral Break EXE Drive (epic fail ver.)
  6. Fake Green Heart one shots Vert

RIP

Made it to Chapter 7; characters all level ~60, all Lily Ranks at 3-4ish, ~24 hours of playtime

Still really enjoying the character banter, it's the whole point of this game at this point honestly :makina:

Things like Neptune going "Ta-da! I'm the CPU of Planeptune! Now give me the Hero's sword!@#" only to get brushed off as a kawaii loli by her own Basilicom; everyone's reaction to the Arfoire reveal, or freaking MAGES. being a S;G Okabe rip off with her endless hunt for Doc Tear Popper & calling Noire assistant for sharing the same VA as Kurisu. There are hundreds of these over the top moments.

~~

Gameplay on the other hand ...  :Kappa:

All of a sudden I have double the characters that I had from the first half of the game that I'm assuming made appearances in other games but frankly I dun care about them and to me it just adds to that eventual grind I'll have to do if I want to max everybody's Lily Ranks

Combat wise it's really all a matter of tanking bosses until you can build up your EXE Gauge while prepping up a Guard Break and then pray that your EXE Drive burst is enough to finish it otherwise GG (especially if its a boss that heals for 20k+ per turn)

The Rebirth series are only on PS Vita or PC. I think. so probably can't play on PS3

~~

Finished the main campaign for Re;birth1, no intentions of doing all the quests / unlocking all dungeons / plans atm

TL;DR my experience with this game:

:heart: 

It's a nice fluffy ride, as long as you're not hoping for anything serious. :mare:

Has anyone played Fairy Fencer F? Kinda in the mood for a jrpg - but want something a bit more serious then the Rebirth series atm~

It's very short but the storyline is more serious than Neptunia. Also there is some romance.

If you have a PS4, it's better to play Fairy Fencer Advent Dark Force when it comes out on November because it is more polished, more characters and longer than the original one from Steam. It's like an expansion but from what it is looking at the trailers, it's probably another alternate dimension/take on the original story just like the Neptunia series have been doing...

It's a nice fluffy ride, as long as you're not hoping for anything serious. :mare:

Has anyone played Fairy Fencer F? Kinda in the mood for a jrpg - but want something a bit more serious then the Rebirth series atm~

That reminds me I need to finish Re;Birth 2...but it's nowhere near as good as Re;Birth 1.

>Grinding Lily Rank

Funniest thing I've seen all day.

Though I'm not one to speak, since I have all lily ranks with Neptune at 10...

Picking up Re;birth 2 ._.

Get Conquest Ending first. It'll be the hardest to get late-game.

Also, ez difficulty sword prize

Took me

5 seconds

To understand Ram was saying "Arfoire... worship restriction repealed?"  :wafuu:

I wonder how that was handled in Japanese text

You should reaaaaally get that ending. It's an irreplaceable experience.

Also, yeah. That part was stupidly cute. Forgot how it was handled in Japanese, since I just skim through text in my NG+.

English one made a lot of sense tho lol.