Hyperdimension Neptunia+Spin offs

Monmon

Aren't fans getting sick of these games at this point? I mean, 15 titles in 5 years is an obvious cash-in. The minimal effort put into each title is cringeworthy, though I know they were designed and budgeted for a niche audience. I don't share the waifu mentality, so the appeal of these games is limited. I have played and completed 1 - 3 on PS3. I bought the remake of 1 on Steam, but I dropped it after seeing the factory for the hundreth time.

With the recent success of HDN on Steam (around 250k copies sold, substantially higher numbers than on console for these two games), there might be a slight hope for IF/CH to actually produce a game that doesn't re-use assets from all their previous titles.

I played the Re;Birth games, so I wouldn't know how playing the originals would've affected my enjoyment of the series.

But, as you've said, the appeal of this type of game is with the girls rather than the gameplay. It's more on the interaction between the characters, if I do say so myself. If the person likes seeing cute girls do cute stuff, then they'll like this series.

That's all I have to say.

I played the Re;Birth games, so I wouldn't know how playing the originals would've affected my enjoyment of the series.

But, as you've said, the appeal of this type of game is with the girls rather than the gameplay. It's more on the interaction between the characters, if I do say so myself. If the person likes seeing cute girls do cute stuff, then they'll like this series.

That's all I have to say.

Completely +1 to this. Also, I heard the original Neptunia (the first game on PS3) is complete garbage.

The first neptunia game on PS3:

-terrible gameplay in every possible way

-lvl recommondations were nonsense

-the lvl-cap break was pointless because no stats or HP improved after lvl 99

-lots more

The first rebirth was better in every possible way, even the points I didn't mention were improved, It's like a completely differnt game.

Rebirth 2 and 3 are way closer to the originals, a few characters are replaced, some other systems have been changed like the scout system in Victory or changes in the share system and an additional ending in rebirth 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished fairy fencer f. Going to start my first Neptunia game now.

Wish me luck, I guess.

Have fun~

iZHDk.jpg

I freaked out when I saw this announcement. I knew there was a planned unannounced collab, but when I found out it would be Neptunia... I have money in game to save now :sachi:

I'll post some screenshots in this thread from the game when it comes out.

What will be included in the Neptunia collaboration was announced, and I was sorely disappointed. Crushingly so.

Mega-Dimension-508x286.jpg

IF, Uranus Uzume, and Purple Heart’s costumes, hairstyles, and accessories.

I don't even know one character, IF's outfit looks like crap, and I don't want the Purple Heart outfit...

20 bucks for Kaguya saying that Neptune is shit

Fang was shit, Neptune is mai waifu and I shall defend her till the end of time!

Yes, Fang was shit (as were several other characters in that game- to be honest, Fang was one of the lesser evils to me, but I digress).

Ok. I haven't advanced too far in the game. Done with chapter 2- I'll do it eventually, but I don't feel much drive to continue.

Neptune herself is nice. She's pretty funny sometimes- I'm already bored of the pudding talks, though. If she keeps that up, I can see myself saying she's shit at the end. 

Compa annoyed me. I don't like her design, I don't like her voice, I don't like her lines. Remarkably shitty character. 

The third girl is just meh. I've passed one week without playing and I don't really remember her name (was it Ai?). Anyway, I can't help but dislike her either.

Black Heart is ok too, I guess. Kind of. I hate tsunderes with all of my soul, so if she could drop that, she'd be passable. 

And that's how I feel about the characters so far. Don't like most of them and I'm not particularly fond of the gameplay either. Still plan on finishing this. 

If the original are JP, yeah. Can't stand english voice acting in these games. 

All the HDN games are Dual Audio. I'm currently playing 'Lost Dimension' and the English dub sucks and there is no Japanese.

I don't like Compa either, she's always been around the bottom for me, just don't see the appeal in her.

LQXrSR7.jpg?1

Compa annoyed me. I don't like her design, I don't like her voice, I don't like her lines. Remarkably shitty character. 

I don't like Compa either, she's always been around the bottom for me, just don't see the appeal in her.

I think it's pretty clear that these guys know what's up.

Some people just can't accept straight facts. :^)