Persona

p4izanagi

17 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

One even stated that the game series sounded interesting, but he hated the high school setting 

It's a valid complaint. A high school setting means young characters, and younger characters means (generally) less history and therefore less personality. Less depth. Younger characters tend to mean less interesting characters.

It's probably part of the reason why some VNs resort to extremely unbelievable backstories to try and give their high school characters depth of character.

18 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

It's a valid complaint. A high school setting means young characters, and younger characters means (generally) less history and therefore less personality. Less depth. Younger characters tend to mean less interesting characters.

You are probably right, but I have a feeling that character depth wasn't the problem this individual had with the highschool setting. In the paragraph directly before his stated wish, he talked about how he only got into COD with Infinite Warfare because it had spaceships. I realized than we weren't quite on the same wavelength when it came to video games and abruptly aborted the conversation.  

Edited by Soulless Watcher

One of the most important points of Persona is that their games have somewhat deep themes. I don't mean extremely philosophical, but that they do comment on people and society. So, while a "distaste" for a high school context makes sense, I'd argue it does not apply to the Persona franchise.

46 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Just called my Gamestop, they are for sure doing a 9PM release for the game tonight. I suggest all of you do that as well if you pre ordered from them in-store. Anyways

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGG :sacchan:

7 hours ago, Mugi said:

Just called my Gamestop, they are for sure doing a 9PM release for the game tonight. I suggest all of you do that as well if you pre ordered from them in-store. Anyways

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGG :sacchan:

It's already the 4th in Australia, which means everyone can already legitimately pick up their copies :P 

Hooray, apparently save points in dungeons. About freaking time. It's good news but disappointing that Persona 5 still hangs onto the outdated save point mechanism. I'm over the whole 'developers want players to play certain blocks in one sitting' thing and will like to raise them a 'people are becoming increasingly busy with RL and work and often don't have huge chunks of time with which to play games, therefore enabling a put-down and pick-up gameplay style by incorporating a save anywhere system would be most appreciated'.

6 and a half hours in, gameplay wise it's already miles ahead of P4. Really like the characters so far as well, and I actually hate the antagonists this time around (or at least the first one) and feel motivated to deal with them, which only happened two or three times for me in P4 since 80% of the time you were just dealing with evil versions of the main characters. Also my god these dungeons are huge, I feel like i'm nowhere near finished with the first one and i've spent a good amount of time in it. Having the psuedo-platforming and stealth is a really nice touch. I thought people were exaggerating when they said this was a 100+ hour game, but I can genuinely see it taking me 30+ more hours than it took me to play P4G. I could go one for a few more paragraphs but i'm dead tired. I'll just say that if this keeps up, I have little doubt that it'll top P4G as my favorite game of all time

It’s been a blast so far. The story and atmosphere/characters are less juvenile than Persona 4 (which was actually my main complaint about the game.) Very stylish presentation and the battle system is as addictive as ever.

Only managed to put in a couple of hours though, but I can’t wait to get back to it … in a couple of days time :( 

Question for the ones that have already been playing a bunch of hours. In order to make efficient use of time, is it like P4, where it'd be best to wait until the very last day and then finish off the boss? Or are the dungeons big enough that you should make steady progress constantly?

17 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Question for the ones that have already been playing a bunch of hours. In order to make efficient use of time, is it like P4, where it'd be best to wait until the very last day and then finish off the boss? Or are the dungeons big enough that you should make steady progress constantly?

Don't leave it to the last day this time around