Persona

p4izanagi

6 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Anyways the EN VAs are shit, going by the trailer. Fuck. 

You really think so? Chair-kun sounds fine, Morgana sounds like he should (though I think she should have done a slightly more boyish-girl voice), and Ryuji sounds like what I imagined he would. The character in the beginning seems relatively accurate as well. Granted, judging the VA's by this realllly short trailer probably isn't the smartest idea, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the others. Doesn't sound any worse than the previous two games' dubs, at least.

1 hour ago, Mugi said:

You really think so? Chair-kun sounds fine, Morgana sounds like he should (though I think she should have done a slightly more boyish-girl voice), and Ryuji sounds like what I imagined he would. The character in the beginning seems relatively accurate as well. Granted, judging the VA's by this realllly short trailer probably isn't the smartest idea, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the others. Doesn't sound any worse than the previous two games' dubs, at least.

Chairkun sounds 30 years old. Morgana has absolutely NONE of the sass in the JP VA (really monotonous voice to boot) , Ryuji felt off by a pitch. That adult seems pretty accurate. 

7 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Chairkun sounds 30 years old. Morgana has absolutely NONE of the sass in the JP VA (really monotonous voice to boot) , Ryuji felt off by a pitch. That adult seems pretty accurate. 

Doesn't chair-kun sound older in the Japanese version? Unless i'm not remembering correctly. And yeah I do agree that Morgana lacked the sass that the Japanese version had, but I feel like that might just be in this video. 

2 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Doesn't chair-kun sound older in the Japanese version? Unless i'm not remembering correctly. And yeah I do agree that Morgana lacked the sass that the Japanese version had, but I feel like that might just be in this video. 

I disagree about the protagonist, watch the OVA's trailer. It is a rather deep voice indeed but it doesn't overdo it, whereas the EN dub makes me think it is painfully obvious that an adult did the recording which kills my immersion. 

3 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

I disagree about the protagonist, watch the OVA's trailer. It is a rather deep voice indeed but it doesn't overdo it, whereas the EN dub makes me think it is painfully obvious that an adult did the recording which kills my immersion. 

Yeah, still not seeing it :amane: 

Just sounds like a teenager with a deeper voice, not too uncommon right? Maybe my mind will be changed when we hear more of his lines, since there was just one reaaaally short one here, which sounded a little muffled. If this bothered you though, you must have been really put off by Sugita voicing Yusuke. I don't think he's capable of not sounding like an older man.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving these voices so far. A quick reminder though, in case you guys didn't hear already. There's going to be a live stream on 11/16 at 12PM PST showing game play from the English version. Which (I think) will be like the first time we've ever seen game play of it for an extended period of time. Should also give us a better idea of how the characters are going to sound, and how the translation and text look.

1 minute ago, finiteHP said:

I'd personally prefer Febuary with just English audio to April with dual.  I want the game dammit!

Well I mean, the dual audio isn't the reason that the game is getting pushed back, its not even going to be part of the main game itself. But yeah, sucks that it getting delayed.

10 hours ago, Mugi said:

Well I mean, the dual audio isn't the reason that the game is getting pushed back, its not even going to be part of the main game itself. But yeah, sucks that it getting delayed.

Indeed, but I can't help but feel, like most times, that this would be avoided if the Japanese weren't such jackasses and worked on Multilanguage since the beginning, instead of always doing it only for Japan and then going "if you guys play nice we'll also make Eng subs for the game!" Especially for big games like P5.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

this would be avoided if the Japanese weren't such jackasses and worked on Multilanguage since the beginning, instead of always doing it only for Japan and then going "if you guys play nice we'll also make Eng subs for the game!" Especially for big games like P5.

You do realize that dual audio for P5 was almost an impossibility due to licensing issues, right? Atlus' PR has been saying for a long time now that it was less than likely to have the JP voices in Persona 5, and fans have been asking for it for just as long, if not a longer time. There was no oversight or indifference from either Atlus itself or its USA branch. Persona 5 has an all-star cast, so it is more than likely that there were many hurdles for licensing. I really, really, really don't think that there was any condescending behavior on Atlus' part, here.

10 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

You do realize that dual audio for P5 was almost an impossibility due to licensing issues, right? Atlus' PR has been saying for a long time now that it was less than likely to have the JP voices in Persona 5, and fans have been asking for it for just as long, if not a longer time. There was no oversight or indifference from either Atlus itself or its USA branch. Persona 5 has an all-star cast, so it is more than likely that there were many hurdles for licensing. I really, really, really don't think that there was any condescending behavior on Atlus' part, here.

So? This is not the first delay, and as you said, this is not some sudden random demand from fans, but smth they knew even before they started with the project. If anything, this convinces me further. Jp developers rarely do the international version at the same time, even if it doesn't have dubs. It's not about being condescendent, but rather that they are used to consider the international version of their games a secondary objective, always. In the rest of the world, it barely matters where one developer is based on, but for Japanese ones it always feels like they are first and foremost Japanese, and then maaaaybe they'll port it to the rest of the world. Not to be an ungrateful, conceited fan, but this always happens with Japanese games, and these studios are not newbies who are encountering problems with their first projects.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Mugi said:

GUYYYYYYYS

36 DAYS

BARELY OVER A MONTH

IT'S HAPPENING, I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT

Reveal hidden contents

inb4 delayed again

I broke my S. Link with Atlus USA. I just don't care anymore.

Spoiler

I have no idea how I'll find a PS4 or get the game for PS3 and then find a PS3 -easy- to play it on. I'll have to postpone it to summer most likely, to boot.

5 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Hide contents

I have no idea how I'll find a PS4 or get the game for PS3 and then find a PS3 -easy- to play it on. I'll have to postpone it to summer most likely, to boot.

You can't give up! Don't lose your way

5 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Think positive. Maybe they delay the game to summer.