[Complete] Forum Ranks for Fuwa

Nosebleed

Okay, I want you to read this calmly and not jump to any conclusions before I finish, please.

I've been thinking of implementing a rank system on the forums for a couple weeks and I wanted to make this thread earlier but stuff.

Keep in mind that I'll likely roll it out and see how it works but given that this is something for the members themselves and not for me it's only fair that you get some saying in the matter.

Anyway, the idea is really simple (seriously): Replace the current "bar of balls" (I don't have a better word I'm sorry) you have underneath your member title with a badge (like the staff badge) that has a title based on the amount of posts you have.

As you can see this is just a small visual change that I thought would be fun to have around, it doesn't affect anything else, literally.

I just called it a rank system because I don't have any better word to call it.

Now here's where I stand:

1. I don't have enough title ideas
  2. I haven't decided the tiers

And this is the part I wanted to ask the community for help.

One thing I'd personally like to have is titles based around the word Fuwa (like FuwaLegend or something) but this is debateable (the main reason was just to be unique :P).

My initial thinking for the tiers was (by amount of posts)

0-10

10-50

50-100

100-250

250-500

500-1000

1000+

As far as the design for the badges, they'll be in the same style of the upcoming staff badges which have differently colored stripes on them (so you can also give ideas for what color each tier should have).

So, do you guys have any ideas you'd like to share to make this a reality?

PS: If you absolutely hate this idea for whatever reason, that's fine, but keep in mind this is likely going to be rolled out for testing regardless so I'd really love to have everyone's cooperation as much as possible since this is something for the whole community and I thought it'd be more fun than it is damaging.

0-10 newbie

10-50 member

50-100 advanced member

100-250 senior member

250-500 veteran member

500-1000 legendary member

1000+ custom title :xmas:  :Kappa::scottsune:  :Kappa:  :scottsune:  :Kappa:  :xmas:

Genius! Couldn't have made it any better.

In all seriousness my idea was for this to be different than the current member titles so i'd like to stray off of that path a little.

That crossed my head too, there's 4 ways to solve that:

1 - remove the current member titles (until that 500 post mark where you can customize your title) (heck you can even replace them with "---------" so it looks like a strike)

2 - allow everyone to costumize their title and the badge becomes the "reward" for amount of posts instead

3 - have the titles of the badges be something non conflicting (like Rin's otaku like title idea)

4 - the badges have no titles and just change in design/color only

I'm personally more fond of idea 1 but i'm open to suggestions.

0-10 FuwaNewbie

10-50 FuwaInitiate

50-100 FuwAdept

100-250 FuwaElite

250-500 FuwAwesome

500-1000 FuwaLegend

1000+ FuwaGod; Nosebleed; Spammer; custom title

Idk, the tiers themselves I think are fine, but if your goal is to create "unique" names for ALL tiers, that's going to be tough (unless we keep it to a single theme like the Fuwa, but idk, words too hard xD). I think you can just stick to the later tiers being unique, so that they feel more 'rewarding' for being a spammer.

0-10 FuwaNewbie

10-50 FuwaInitiate

50-100 FuwAdept

100-250 FuwaElite

250-500 FuwAwesome

500-1000 FuwaLegend

1000+ FuwaGod; Nosebleed; Spammer; custom title

Idk, the tiers themselves I think are fine, but if your goal is to create "unique" names for ALL tiers, that's going to be tough (unless we keep it to a single theme like the Fuwa, but idk, words too hard xD). I think you can just stick to the later tiers being unique, so that they feel more 'rewarding' for being a spammer.

Honestly that's too similar to the like ranks

Pretty sure it was already stated that staff was getting new badges and ranks in the OP

I made new staff badges which will be implemented and the design of these member badges is supposed to be along the same design (different colors though) because i thought it'd be cool for members to have one as well

Keep in mind it doesn't have to be fuwa based titles, otaku like titles sounded pretty fun too.

And I now realize I misread the entire damn thing. Ignore me, I'll be over here in the corner.

Edit: That said, I do think non-forum staff should get a little special badge for it. Like Zaka with the blog, badges for the reviews team, etc.

That can be done anytime, it was in my initial plans too, i'll get on my computer tomorrow and make some and show it to the teams.

I'm really just struggling for titles for regular members though.

Rin you mentioned otaku oriented titles, any particular one you had in mind?

And yes Eclipsed the idea was to make the higher tiers more rewarding/cooler

PS: touchscreens suck for typing.

How about having 2 tiers one for people acount age and one for post numbers

I agree, having been around since early 2013 I have seen a lot of my former forum acquaintances leave. Even former mods and admins like Ryoji and Aaeru left during my time here. It would be nice to have some recognition as a loyal member. Because while my post count is rather small in comparison to most members (still under 500), I am still an active member and do my best to make thoughtful posts when I do post.  

I said earlier that I believe there was too much focus on "activity" on Fuwa. I'd like to see more reward go to people who engage in "meaningful" activity. Meaningful being defined as either engaging in ways that conform to the purpose of the forum (like say, discussing visual novels), or engaging in ways which helps forward the website (and no, making a hundred posts saying "+1" on your first week as a member doesn't count.)

I'm under no illusion of being able to affect your decision in this matter, but I thought I'd add my input.

Guys.. i know you have good intentions but this is just a small visual change, i'm not breaking the space time continuum, please don't act like this is able to shift the way fuwa works or that i'm committing a crime or something. It takes me 5 minutes to make this, i'm not dedicating my life to it, i just asked for ideas to speed up the process. Am i wrong for enjoying tinkering with the visual side of stuff?

I think all you've said is right but it's really not related to what i'm trying to do here. In fact i think most of what you said is more appropriate to the CPR thread which i've been trying to work on too and i'd appreciate input there.

This is literally just meant to change the ball or bars (which already represents your post count) to something fancier/funnier. Did i commit taboo here or something?

Again, let me emphasize this: This is just a small visual change

It's not an addition, it's just a change that doesn't damage anything.. literally..

I'm only posting this to avoid any future conflict.