[Complete] Forum Ranks for Fuwa

Nosebleed

If we're going with this, I'd like some Japanese puns as titles too.

Like, for example, 213 posts would give you the title "Nii-san." 2 (Ni) 1 (Ichi) 3 (San)

Anime-related puns could work as well, but not everyone would understand.

Like, for example, 777 would give "Treasure Hunter" as a reference to Nanana's Burried Treasure because of 3 sevens (Nana).

Naturally, these titles can only be given to those who have the required post count. One would need to refrain from posting to keep it.

You know... Wouldn't this imply some of us play VN's?

Damn, I knew I had overlooked something...

I like these titles quite a bit myself, but not being the kind of person who catches onto this kind of stuff easily, I'm afraid those who don't even bother with VN's won't really understand some of them.

Inside jokes are the true essence of nerddom.

That said, we can make more general ones.

0-40 Little Youkai

40-100 Onii-chan

100-250 Robot pilot

250-500

500-1000

1000-5000 Demon Lord

And someone fill in the blanks or suggest other stuff...

No, I'd rather not change anything than be called Onii-chan or Nii-san.

Not everybody is into that kind of stuff ^^".

Well that's my opinion. You guys do what you want, but I'm glad I can change my member title.

After scrolling through all the suggestions I really think fuwabased titles look pretty neat and are a nice fit for this.

Zaka's idea of mixing the previous titles with the word fuwa is nice and more subtle too.

The text field can be kept but then you'd have, for example, "novice" as a member title and then the badge "fuwanovice" underneath it. They're a little conflicting. Or maybe no one minds this and i'm just being nitpicky?

dunno since when we got so uptight with titles.

inb4 shit hits the fan and we have to remove the titles because shitstorms about she/he/me/you being better then the other members

only because she had spammed more then you.

iam just gonna say either leave it like it is now or just make 1 standerd thing that does not give one a mindset that makes them think there better then the others.

Well we can just add more balls too. Can't go wrong with that.

dunno since when we got so uptight with titles.

inb4 shit hits the fan and we have to remove the titles because shitstorms about she/he/me/you being better then the other members

only because she had spammed more then you.

iam just gonna say either leave it like it is now or just make 1 standerd thing that does not give one a mindset that makes them think there better then the others.

My original idea was to give a single badge to members after a certain amount of posts (possibly 500) but then I got complaints about how it was kind of boring that way.

My original idea was to give a single badge to members after a certain amount of posts (possibly 500) but then I got complaints about how it was kind of boring that way.

Don't we already have that award for "contributing to the community by being active/ posting 500 times" ?

Secret police is confusing itself ! Halhp !

I say, go for whatever you want, my only request (or preference) being : Please don't make it ridiculously cliché and keep it related to Fuwa (be it fuwa words or with Vn related titles).

Don't we already have that award for "contributing to the community by being active/ posting 500 times" ?

Secret police is confusing itself ! Halhp !

I say, go for whatever you want, my only request (or preference) being : Please don't make it ridiculously cliché and keep it related to Fuwa (be it fuwa words or with Vn related titles).

Exactly why I also decided to change it. That was just the very first idea that sprouted this.

I'm working on ideas, it'll be related to fuwa one way or another.

After brainstorming and Zaka calling me out on everything I think I'm going to go for something like the pip bar for post count instead of ranks. I'll try to think of an idea for it (or give up and just add more pips, i found out you can have up to 100).

If it was to add more pips, I think up to 10 is reasonable (meaning you'd have 10 tiers which is actually acomodating in the long run)

Reason being that rank badges are more appropriate to set for user groups and not to represent post count.

Although if you all want you can have a badge that says "member" for your usergroup :P like so: rxNH8SZ.pngthat was an idea that was scraped though but I wouldn't mind bringing it back if everybody wants it.

But as far as post count I think not having words is more appropraite for the task at hand.

On the other hand I think we could change the current default member titles to fuwa based ones. I think that looks better personally.

Really no need for the badges. Leave those just for staff. Adding more of the little dot things would be good and all. Fuwa-based default titles are alright too

That was pretty much the conclusion I arrived at too. 

How does this sound for post tiers and titles:

0-10 (1 pip) Fuwa Lurker

10-30 (2 pips) Fuwa Novice 

30-100 (3 pips) Fuwa Regular

100-250 (4 pips) Fuwa Senior

250 - 500 (5 pips) Fuwa Veteran

500- 750 (6 pips) Custom Title

750 - 1000 (7 pips) Custom Title

1000 - 1500 (8 pips) Custom Title

1500 - 2000 (9 pips) Custom Title

2000 + (10 pips) Custom Title

In some years when there's a lot of people with 2000+ posts this can be re adjusted too :P

The dots really add no sense of achievement woo i posted enough and get another grey fucking dot but hey apparently members who actually participate dont need to be recognized or given a sense of achievement and staff is apparently the only special snowflake's that deserve a badge ~rolls eyes~

And thats the last opinion I give because it seems people cant objectively look at something with out personally attacking or insulting the person who came up with it.

The dots really add no sense of achievement woo i posted enough and get another grey fucking dot but hey apparently members who actually participate dont need to be recognized or given a sense of achievement and staff is apparently the only special snowflake's that deserve a badge ~rolls eyes~

And thats the last opinion I give because it seems people cant objectively look at something with out personally attacking or insulting the person who came up with it.

Keep in mind that the forums are not all of Fuwanovel. A lot of us do things off forums for Fuwanovel, and I would like for them to be recognized as staff finally. It would be a nice little thank you to them. Besides, members already get custom titles after 500 posts to use whatever they want. Anymore text, and it will look cluttered imo

Right, I'm going to go with increasing the amount of pips for now.

This was never meant to be a reward system to begin with, it was meant to represent post count increase in a not too flashy way, I realized this was a better solution than the initial proposal I made after brainstorming and so I'm going to go with it.

I PM'd Tay asking to make the changes so that's that for now, thank you to everyone who gave me input and didn't turn this into an endless argument, I really appreciate it.