Fuwanovel Logo Contest 2 (Voting Phase)

Nosebleed

Fuwanovel Logo Contest 2  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo should be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED

This topic will be used to chose the winner and runner ups for the second edition of the Fuwanovel Logo Contest.

Voting rules (please read):
Unlike the first contest, this voting phase will be anonymous

If there's any issue with the votes, it was OriginalRun's fault, no exceptions.

The voting ends 48 hours after this thread is up - 12:00 AM / 00:00 (GMT) October 16th

As stated by the rules in the first thread, there will be three winners: The "official" winner will be the logo with the most votes, the second winner will be the runner-up in the poll, and the third winner will be chosen by a secret logo council run by Tay

All logos -- even if they win the popular vote -- have to be approved by Tay before they'll be displayed on the forums

Please refrain from flaming, hating or unecessary comments like "This logo shouldn't win because...". This thread will be monitored and any kind of unecessary arguing will be dealt with.

That is all.

Below are all the logos submitted, labeled by a number, pick the number of the logo you think should be up in order to vote for it.
(The number corresponds to the logo below it)

You can see how the logos look like with a dark background in the spoiler tag below them
(That's how they'll look on the site)
The respective texts submitted by the creators are also in the spoiler tag if you wish to read them

0k2Zwsj.png

XPqqClA.png

When I was creating this logo, I had to make sure I addressed the theme in a way that was both unique and original in its interpretation. I started by thinking of what the actual term "change" meant in Fuwanovel's case, and I remembered that since joining this community, Fuwanovel as a website has always been about building on itself. We were thrown into the fire on a lot of different occasions due to various reasons (some not preventable), yet in each situation we have added members to our family and continued to build this website into what it is today.

Fuwanovel is constantly changing, and as such, I decided to create the text of the logo as bricks which represent the growth of the website. Originally, I thought that having the bricks join together would be a good idea, but then I realized that we are still growing as a community. We are changing in many different ways and are continuing to add more bricks (members) to our structure. Bricks not only represent a solid foundation, but also the idea of cementing new ideas into our home as we continue toward the future.

Moving on, I was presented with another challenge. In honor of Angel Beats! and its upcoming visual novel, I decided to go with this image. To start, the company Key has always been about change and growth. Clannad is about the growth of one's self, where Little Busters! is about the growth of friendship. In this case, Angel Beats! is about starting a new life and moving on. For that reason, I chose Yuri and Kanade during their graduation ceremony. This symbolizes their growth as friends and the change that is about to come into their lives as they move on from the afterlife. As with Fuwanovel, we too have graduated from the past and started a new life.

While the changes may seem subtle and don't affect the overall function of the site and what we do, we have added so many unique members to our family who continue to help build the foundation we have created and will keep doing so as time goes on. We may have differing opinions on how we present visual novels to the community (discussion, social media, games and streams), yet we will always be a family that adds our own little brick to the construction of our many ideals and beliefs.

nekoko-fuwa-logo.png

YFT3UOw.png

When I was thinking change and visual novels the first character that popped up in my head was Nekoko.

Nekoko was a character that completely stole my heart during her story, she represents what it really means to change oneself in my opinion.

The castle behind Nekoko, also known as the land of the fairies in Yume Miru Kusuri, is meant to represent an ultimate goal, much like Nekoko wants to travel to the land of the fairies, Fuwanovel also wishes to go achieve higher goals (make visual novels popular).

Nekoko herself represents someone with a loss of identity, a split personality and of course an addiction. I feel like it ties in well with the turmoil that was Fuwa for a while now that somewhat lost its sense of direction but is now getting back on track and making changes, much like how Nekoko understands that she can't keep doing what she's doing, she has to realize this is not the right path.

My whole goal with this logo was mostly to represent a goal for fuwa that is now more clear and within sight than it was before (The castle) as well as represent the path that we should take which is not one of self indulgence and chaos (like Nekoko's life was).

xA94ZZJ.png

LgvAFbV.png

This banner had some correlation with banner 1. However, this one had much less life to it. Almost no color, and even the girl in the image looks bored and dreary. I tried to make the statement with this banner that, change doesn't necessarily mean diversity. And change doesn't necessarily mean better. It just means change, and there are many different ways Fuwanovel can change. For better, or for worse. So, lets all try to get the Banner 2 route.

JbOnL3h.png

L112ENu.png

The first thing that come to my mind when I read that the theme is 'Change' is that, so far, fuwanovel's logos always contain loli in it (let's just ignore Michiru and the original logo for now). I'm going to change that, I'm going to make a logo with a non-loli character as the winner. And so here I am, submitting a logo with someone who isn't a loli and have decent boobs. ...Okay guys, please have mercy. It's not like I hate loli, it's just that it is the first thing that came to my mind so I might as well roll with it.

But wait! That's not all. Why am I choosing Chitanda in particular? There's a ton of non-loli character, so why do I chose her? If you have watched Hyouka, you probably know where I'm going with this. If you haven't though, don't worry, I'm going to explain it anyway. You see, Oreki, the main character of Hyouka, is lazy, like, really lazy. He do things ONLY if he have to. But! After his first encounter with Chitanda, he gradually changes. He becomes (a bit) more active, starts to do thing even if he doesn't have to, and so on. Now, let's see them this way: Oreki is fuwanovel itself and Chitanda is the members/me/admin/mod. Fuwanovel isn't that actives in term of actually contributing to the visual novel community as a whole (at least in the past, iirc). But now, we the members and mod/admin will change it. We will make fuwanovel more actives, we will contribute for the visual community, we will make the visual community acknowledge us, we will make them think that we are not just another piracy site, we will change Fuwanovel for the better!

Also, there's that nature/plant decoration. Nature/plant/tree is constantly growing. I want Fuwanovel to grow like them, so I included some badnature decoration into it.

RWJNrC2.png

L7ICwHL.png

a "regular" girl wishing to be stronger and change and turn into.. the magical girl?

metaphorically it can always be seen in many ways.

as for example fuwa wish to become stronger and will evolve into something stronger.

I >still< want to know that way to use the regular logo without anything fancy. Well, besides changing the forum's theme, since that looks bad. Should be relevant enough to warrant a a copy-paste when you're doing the contests. 

I >still< want to know that way to use the regular logo without anything fancy. Well, besides changing the forum's theme, since that looks bad. Should be relevant enough to warrant a a copy-paste when you're doing the contests. 

You mean a script to change the forums' logo just for yourself?

If so then I really have no idea.

You mean a script to change the forums' logo just for yourself?

If so then I have no idea.

I think so. Right when the first logo constest was about to happen, wasn't there a promise to have one of those available so the people who didn't want to use the logo had another option? I don't think you were the one who made it, though. 

I can only apply the logo to a single theme so it will be the same for everyone using that theme.

The only way I believe you could have a logo for yourself is with a costum script, I don't know how to do that though.

Least we know who you voted for ^^

"Voting rules (please read):

Unlike the first contest, this voting phase will be anonymous

#Legitrules

Damn it Lewy now I have to redo everything. 

You left something out of the opening post. Who should we PM with our anger and indignation when our preferred option is not picked ?  :rolleyes:

On a serious note, it was hard to pick. All six options are very nice looking. Good job to everyone who submitted an entry, you all deserve recognition.

The voting phase is now over!

The winner with 29% of the votes is entry number 2

YFT3UOw.png

Since it would feel really awkward to congratulate myself, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who voted for my logo.

The runner up with 21% of the votes is entry number 1

XPqqClA.png

Congratulations to OriginalRen!

And lastly the 3rd winner that was chosen by the Gods of the Olympus is entry number 5!

L7ICwHL.png

Congratulations to Emi!

Thank you to everyone who participated and voted, every logo was great, no doubt about that, and you can clearly tell the votes were pretty even and not completely split, so to those who did not win I wish you good luck if you ever wish to participate again in the 3rd edition because your entries were certainly great as well.

I can safely say that this contest went a lot better and smoother than the last one and I hope it keeps being like this and it's all thanks to you guys.

The logos will rotate periodically, I still haven't decided a fixed period but it shouldn't be more than 2 weeks (probably a week or week and a half)

And so I bid you farewell until the next contest.

Note: This thread will remain open for a while if you wish to congratulate the winners and will be closed tomorrow.