Scariest Movie/Anime/Game for you

Cyrillej1

Don't really have any suggestions for anime or movies, but Outlast scared the living hell out of me, even when I knew something was going to happen. I've had to stop playing so my heartbeat will go down several times now. F.E.A.R. is also pretty good, but it's not scary as much as creepy and disturbing.

The first game was okay. But the whistle blower was some fucked up shit!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kbgosk9wnhqmred/AABst8QuW5rTWwaMNRuIbDkja?dl=0

This is a link for System Shock 2's GOG version's download.

I don't think I need to explain to anybody here how a setup works.

Great game all around, insanely replayable, vastly underrated. Wonderful game, even if you don't feel like shitting your pants.

Dead Space just gave a bug on me today, switching my Hard game save to Medium, and as a result I've given up on replaying that. Can't bother with unrefined EA shit nowadays. I guess I'll have myself some more sweet,sweet Bioshock Infinite.

Out of the three; movies, animes, and/or games... the scariest I've experienced was from playing a game. And as far as scary games go, Amnesia: The Dark Descent really takes the cake on this one. It took me literally 2 months to actually beat this relatively short game, because I had to take practically week-long breaks in-between playing sessions from the terror. Though, this was me playing with headphones, lights turned off, at night, alone, etc. Amnesia's atmospheric and psychological effects are truly wondrous as far as horror goes... with many of the actual scares simply being a result of Nothing Is Scarier (courtesy of Tvtropes). And at this point, nothing else out there really scares me anymore due to the severe desensitization I received from Amnesia. :/

As animes, I would say Pet shop of horrors (I wasn't able to watch the whole first episode...)

As video games, I hesitate between Silent Hill and Five nights at Freddy's, or even Ao oni (I'm really receptive to jump scares..)

And as manga, Screaming Lessons

• 2 weeks later...

Anime has many creative advantages over other mediums; there are countless things it can do that say a live-action movie struggles with (Lol Dragonball Evolution). But the one thing I don't think it can do well is be genuinely scary. Higurashi would be the scariest anime I've seen, and while I really liked it for several reasons it wasn't really scary.

Games would probably be the medium with the greatest potential for horror. Silent Hill 2 creeped me the fuck out when I was younger, so I'll go with that.

Scariest movie of all time for me was The Ring or The Grudge, y'know, back when I was a wee lad. Seriously couldn't sleep at night for a week after watching those.

Now, lately I find horror movies more hilarious rather than horrifying. Minus those cheap LOUD jumpscare moments.

I'm still an uber pansy when it comes to playing horror games though. PLAYING through a horror experience is alot more frightening than watching it ><

I'm batshit scared as well.

The case is this:

-Too scared to play horror games

-Still interested by the premise of some horror games

-Play w/ lights on and kill the atmosphere

-Don't like the game

LOL. I'm even worse.

-Too scared to play horror games

-Decide to go eff it and play it anyway

-Play with lights on and kill atmosphere

-Still too scared

-TURN VOLUME OFF <--- FAILLL

-Still too scared

-Give up playing the game.

Anime has many creative advantages over other mediums; there are countless things it can do that say a live-action movie struggles with (Lol Dragonball Evolution). But the one thing I don't think it can do well is be genuinely scary. Higurashi would be the scariest anime I've seen, and while I really liked it for several reasons it wasn't really scary.

Games would probably be the medium with the greatest potential for horror. Silent Hill 2 creeped me the fuck out when I was younger, so I'll go with that.