Is Tokyo Ghouls good?

Chewy

Yep, Tokyo Ghoul is great. There are some down points like the over censoring, and the last episode was quite cliche. I suck at making reviews, don't know what to write... ¬¬

But still, it's more than worth it, I really like it how the MC tries so hard, and got much better since the very first episode. And it's nice to see the different ways of thinking of the ghouls.

I would tell you to go for the manga, it is great, characters can die at any moment, but it is not something overused like in titles like Shingeki or Akame ga Kiru, so it makes for nice suspense.

Also, the amount of insanity in the manga is just, damn, white Kaneki is too much, and white Kaneki ver 2 is way too much. The other guy (Juuzo, I think) is also incredibly insane, and there are also moral characters like Amon that make up for the lack of morals in other characters and give a nice contrast. 

I would totally recommend the manga.

If you like a censorship fest, sure.

The plot is good though, the protagonist so far is quite whiny and boring but i heard he changes later on so yeah.

The rest of the characters are so so.

So i guess it's somewhat interesting, just wish they didn't censor the hell out of it so i can at least get more enjoyment out of the fights.

Read the manga, the anime... changes things (the order and sequence of events for one, the motives of the investigators for another). As for the main character being a typical whiny powerless protagonist... White hair changes people... changes them for the badass. 

Well if it getting worse I think i might not watch it because I quite like action in the first place and a lot of censor will screw with my mind.

There's still a lot of action.  I just feel it's the equivalent of someone standing up in front of you and blocking your view at a football game right before someone scores a touchdown. 

There's still a lot of action.  I just feel it's the equivalent of someone standing up in front of you and blocking your view at a football game right before someone scores a touchdown. 

First is that I now believe your american(because you mentioned touchdown. us in Aus do a try) and second if its like that then i might as well not. Unless I seriously have nothing better to do.

First is that I now believe your american(because you mentioned touchdown. us in Aus do a try) and second if its like that then i might as well not. Unless I seriously have nothing better to do.

tumblr_inline_mjtaejMQBw1qz4rgp.gif

My thoughts on the show's animators so far:

squirrel.png

I laughed so hard at this.  

If you're adverse to reading manga I'd tell you to watch the anime. The manga is better, but the anime is obviously more pleasing to the aesthetics. Really wish everyone would stop ragging on the censorship. It isn't THAT bad, or anywhere near as bad as most of you guys make it out to be. 

If you're adverse to reading manga I'd tell you to watch the anime. The manga is better, but the anime is obviously more pleasing to the aesthetics. Really wish everyone would stop ragging on the censorship. It isn't THAT bad, or anywhere near as bad as most of you guys make it out to be. 

Couldn't resist. 

wgi9uVI.gif

For me, as I said above, it's just taking a large chunk of the enjoyment factor out of the show.  I'm reading the manga now and it's much better so I would recommend doing that since it really is a good story.