Anime 101

OriginalRen

Maybe people have seen this, but seeing as it was uploaded 4 months ago, it still feels pretty new. I thought it was pretty cute. Check it out, and make sure to pause and read a lot of the little references they make during the video. The bulletin boards, the advertisements, the notes, the chalkboards, and the tests all have them.

Don't fail the test! A failing grade will result in having to watch a dub by 4Kids.

..................Is it completely awesome... or rather sad that I for someone recognize pretty much all the anime referenced here?

Depends on whether you think it's a good thing or not to be down on the spiral. But it's an anime 101, so there's mostly just well known stuff here. Can't be too deep into the spiral. Maybe. I recognized pretty much everything too.

It's not a bad video, he didn't get anything wrong after all. But I'm not sure if making tons of references is really supposed to help someone get into anime. It sounds like a video that appeals to people that are already anime viewers imo.

Because looking out the window into the sky makes everything deeper and meaningful.

It shows how the protagonist is in a state of depression due to his boring school, represented by the sad blue of the sky.

And then when the new student comes (because a new student always comes) you can then feel the emotional shift because the protagonist stops dozing off and looking out the window to looking at the new student, showing that the 2 will develop an emotional bond.

Or animators are just lazy.

Because looking out the window into the sky makes everything deeper and meaningful.

It shows how the protagonist is in a state of depression due to his boring school, represented by the sad blue of the sky.

And then when the new student comes (because a new student always comes) you can then feel the emotional shift because the protagonist stops dozing off and looking out the window to looking at the new student, showing that the 2 will develop an emotional bond.

Or animators are just lazy.

Too much thinking for the 1st explanation. Go with #2.

..................Is it completely awesome... or rather sad that I for someone recognize pretty much all the anime referenced here?

It is kinda sad that people like us recognise most of these references but kinda awesome as well if you exclude the fact that we they don't exactly have a life.