Comyu Discussion

Kaguya

The game is enjoyable and is decent though there are quite a lot of unnecessary/forced things they put in:

1. Seeing the red, it gets old after awhile when it is repeated no less than 10 times, and it is an underestimation.

2. Certain H scenes, namely Yoruko's and Rondo's.

3. The alternate "Good" end of Hisoka is kinda forced, it is like they put it in the last minute. The normal end is much better IMO in emotional impact.

Thankfully, Kagome's route makes up for everything. Though I have some mixed views about:

1. Gasai dies just like that. It feels like that they had to force that to order to please lolicons.

2. The more sympathetic/interesting characters still have to die (Hisoka T.T) while the annoying ones (Benio, Nanase, Rondo) all live with 0 death count. 

I finished Benio's route yesterday and it wasn't bad at all, not really focused on Benio but I liked how the route was centered on the main plot more than the heroine, it suited comyu better.

I expected more "red color" than that, based on what I read here. Of course this is repeated too much time but not at the point of being a "big flaw", at least comyu spares us these annoying and repetitive lunch parts that are found in too much VN.

The game is enjoyable and is decent though there are quite a lot of unnecessary/forced things they put in:

1. Seeing the red, it gets old after awhile when it is repeated no less than 10 times, and it is an underestimation.

2. Certain H scenes, namely Yoruko's and Rondo's.

3. The alternate "Good" end of Hisoka is kinda forced, it is like they put it in the last minute. The normal end is much better IMO in emotional impact.

Thankfully, Kagome's route makes up for everything. Though I have some mixed views about:

1. Gasai dies just like that. It feels like that they had to force that to order to please lolicons.

2. The more sympathetic/interesting characters still have to die (Hisoka T.T) while the annoying ones (Benio, Nanase, Rondo) all live with 0 death count. 

Seeing the red is part of the storytelling, not forced, just not your thing. They could have taken all the H scenes away- and a whole route... looks at Benio... make it two (kidding)- not only those. 

Hisoka deserves to be happy at least once, even if only for the alternate ending of her route where she only gets screen time for about half of it.

Itsuki dying just like that is more shocking, I kinda still can't believe it. I would complain if they changed it.

Same here, Benio is just Benio, Nanase is MIA and who cares about Rondo anyway. Hisoka dying is just like her, she's staying away from acting out of character- how admirable- and Itsuki helped the plot and meaning of the story a lot.

Itsuki is great.

Him dying was in fact shocking. Until the game ended I thoght he might have messed with the corpeses so that he appeared to be dead or something.

He was by far my favorite character. Yoruko is so lucky.

Edited by Down
Spoilers, dammit

Use spoiler tags.

Oh, my apologies. I'm new to the interface and I'm not used to forums, so I didn't notice the BBcode button.

Seeing Akihito tie with Itsuki in Benio's route left a bad taste in my mouth. It's ok since Yoruko wasn't there, but it was still somewhat unconfortable.

I would probably enjoy this VN more if Itsuki was the protagonist.

Oh, my apologies. I'm new to the interface and I'm not used to forums, so I didn't notice the BBcode button.

Seeing Akihito tie with Itsuki in Benio's route left a bad taste in my mouth. It's ok since Yoruko wasn't there, but it was still somewhat unconfortable.

I would probably enjoy this VN more if Itsuki was the protagonist.

Agree completely, I liked both Gasai and Izawa far more then Akihito, it would be far better if one of those two where a protagonist instead of Akihito.

Well I still have Ayaya route to finish and then Kagome route but I doubt my opinion about this will change.

Not sure how I'd feel if Izawa was the protagonist. It's not that I dislike Akihito, he's ok, I just liked Itsuki over him.

I'd imagine the VN would have less routes if he was the protag. I don't think Hisoka suits anyone besides Akihito there, at least. Seeing Mayuki with him or Izawa would be fairly bizarre as well. For Itsuki, I guess there could be a Yoruko route (obviously), and maybe Rondo and Touri as well.

Not sure how I'd feel if Izawa was the protagonist. It's not that I dislike Akihito, he's ok, I just liked Itsuki over him.

I'd imagine the VN would have less routes if he was the protag. I don't think Hisoka suits anyone besides Akihito there, at least. Seeing Mayuki with him or Izawa would be fairly bizarre as well. For Itsuki, I guess there could be a Yoruko route (obviously), and maybe Rondo and Touri as well.

For me it's simpler, I like Gasai and Izawa but I hate Akihito and his whorines. Well he was ok in Mayuki rout at least, it would work too if he was just the same in other routes as in Mayuki route.

I don't see any problems with Akihito's attitude, probably because I'm ok with cheating. I think he's fine, especially seeing how old he is. I'd imagine most males around this age would not pass up on sex.

I don't see any problems with Akihito's attitude, probably because I'm ok with cheating. I think he's fine, especially seeing how old he is. I'd imagine most males around this age would not pass up on sex.

Most not all, and I don't want my protagonist to be one of those most that I hate so much. And I don't know how can anyone be ok with cheating in a romance VN.

Most not all, and I don't want my protagonist to be one of those most that I hate so much. And I don't know how can anyone be ok with cheating in a romance VN.

I'm fine with cheating wherever. It's not limited to romance VNs. As a matter of fact, I would probably prefer cheating if it happened in a romance VN over other genres.

I don't mind if the protagonist shares some opinions and behavior with what the majority of people would do.

Akihito is not the greatest protagonist ever, but I find his flaws somewhat charming. Regardless, Itsuki is the best character in comyu.

I'm fine with cheating wherever. It's not limited to romance VNs. As a matter of fact, I would probably prefer cheating if it happened in a romance VN over other genres.

I don't mind if the protagonist shares some opinions and behavior with what the majority of people would do.

Akihito is not the greatest protagonist ever, but I find his flaws somewhat charming. Regardless, Itsuki is the best character in comyu.

I don't mind some things eater but this one I do, a lot. It's one thing I least want for protagonist, and because of it he's the worst protagonist in my case. My favorite male character in this VN is Izawa.

I know that writers most probably made him that way just so they could add more characters H-scenes in there for bigger sales, but knowing that doesn't help me to not hate him.

What's wrong with Akihito ? He act coherently with himself, though I agree that he thinks like a bastard sometimes but it's not nearly as shocking as Shirou's stupidity.

What is wrong with him is that he goes and sleeps with just any girl that gives him an offer, he is a whore. That's whats wrong with him.

What is wrong with him is that he goes and sleeps with just any girl that gives him an offer, he is a whore. That's whats wrong with him.

A highly subjective statement. While I could find his behavior really bad in some other VN, Akihito blend well in comyu's universe (it's logical) because he's not the only character with a somewhat bleak mindset, the fact that he goes to sleep with anyone is even accepted by the others characters. Comyu's characters are more realistic (if I can put it like that) than those of the average VN, from there it's a totally other subject. Akihito, as the protagonist of Coµ, doesn't have much to be ashamed of.

A highly subjective statement. While I could find his behavior really bad in some other VN, Akihito blend well in comyu's universe (it's logical) because he's not the only character with a somewhat bleak mindset, the fact that he goes to sleep with anyone is even accepted by the others characters. Comyu's characters are more realistic (if I can put it like that) than those of the average VN, from there it's a totally other subject. Akihito, as the protagonist of Coµ, doesn't have much to be ashamed of.

It's not accepted by the heroines in routes who's he's in nor should it be.

And the fact that he isn't even ashamed of it just makes it even worse.

Also you can't have romance and realistic story in a same time as romance and true love are not realistic (much less dragons and giants).

For me he is a biggest fault in this VN and he ruins it. Protagonist like him should stay in nukiges and outside of story-driven VNs.

And yes everything we say here is subjective because tastes are subjective. Objective rating of VNs/Anime don't exist so both of our opinions about this VN are subjective.

It's not accepted by the heroines in routes who's he's in nor should it be.

And the fact that he isn't even ashamed of it just makes it even worse.

Also you can't have romance and realistic story in a same time as romance and true love are not realistic (much less dragons and giants).

For me he is a biggest fault in this VN and he ruins it. Protagonist like him should stay in nukiges and outside of story-driven VNs.

And yes everything we say here is subjective because tastes are subjective. Objective rating of VNs/Anime don't exist so both of our opinions about this VN are subjective.

By "accepted" I mean than there isn't any real fuss about this, at most a dialogue about when and who Akihito has slept with but nothing more, it doesn't really seem unforgivable. And when I was saying realistic, I referred to the characters and their general mindset, not sugarcoated but not excessively dark at the same time, a good balance is maintained between pragmatism and idealism. And it's a little exaggerated to say that he ruins the VN, he may have his own beliefs and all but deep inside Akihito is rather simple, not bland but self-insertion is possible I think, far from being a "imposing" protagonist such as Yuuji, Rance or Kenichi.

Finally, aside from that, there will always be a degree of  possibly objective rating in any work, because some flaws will always be flaws, no matter what, and same reasoning the other way around. (I can't really find someone who has truly liked Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno without joking )

By "accepted" I mean than there isn't any real fuss about this, at most a dialogue about when and who Akihito has slept with but nothing more, it doesn't really seem unforgivable. And when I was saying realistic, I referred to the characters and their general mindset, not sugarcoated but not excessively dark at the same time, a good balance is maintained between pragmatism and idealism. And it's a little exaggerated to say that he ruins the VN, he may have his own beliefs and all but deep inside Akihito is rather simple, not bland but self-insertion is possible I think, far from being a "imposing" protagonist such as Yuuji, Rance or Kenichi.

Finally, aside from that, there will always be a degree of  possibly objective rating in any work, because some flaws will always be flaws, no matter what, and same reasoning the other way around. (I can't really find someone who has truly liked Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno without joking )

Well for me as a reader it is one thing that is unforgivable, and there wasn't any big fuss about it because they newer really addressed it properly. And it is not exaggerated to say that it ruins it, while it might not ruin it completely to the point where I would call a whole VN bad over it does ruin it a lot when you hate a protagonist, it's still great VN but it's much less then it could be otherwise therefore it does ruin it.

And lastly, no there isn't really any flaws that will always be flaws, no matter what as no meter how much you hate or like something there will always be someone who will have rational opposite opinion about it, and even if there might be some rare exceptions those are very rare and if we look just at them then we could say that 99% of anime/VNs don't have any flaws witch I think you would agree with me be a very stupid thing to say. So no real objective rating of VNs/Anime doesn't exist, the closer you can get to it is to rate them objectively from your point of view witch is in the end still subjective rating.

And protagonist being a biggest flaw of this VN or not is definitely something you can't decide "Objectively" as a proof of that there are both many complains and praises for him being the way he is just in this topic and Celphes said that there where also many fights between people who hate him and people who like him in Japanese threads when this VN just come out. And if we try to come closer to a objective decision if this is a flaw or not I think we would find it that my opinion would be closer to it as one of main genres of this VN is romance and you can't have a good romance with a protagonist like that.

Okami, we get it, you believe in monogamy and are against adultery... you made your point (such as it is).  Accept the fact that some others think differently and move on.  As a person, Akihito is not a 'good guy', and I don't think anyone here has actually said he was... you are basically arguing over whether him being sexually amoral ruined the story, and no one is making objective points on the matter, so you aren't going to change any minds.  People that hate him will hate him and those that don't, won't. 

Move on to actually discussing the story aside from that issue, please.  Moral aesthetics on sexual matters set aside for a little while, please.