Ren's Monthly Fuwanovel Activity - Cryptic Puzzle Sleuthing

OriginalRen

hz5mxbQ.jpg

Welcome to the Games!

This is it. After a long wait, I am finally ready to reveal a secret project I have had planned for some time. While the Kancolle fleet battle game is still on my list of monthly activities, this is one I am excited to reveal to all of the members of Fuwanovel. I hope it will be a blast for everyone, and hope in the long run it works out without causing too many problems. For those who have no idea what I am talking about, let me explain...

For this activity, you will be playing a game where the rules of it are simple: be the 1st person to successfully solve a cryptic puzzle I have created on the internet. Following a series of clues, it is your job to piece them all together and try to find the answer to all the pieces of the puzzle. Initially there won't be any outside help from me, but as the game progresses, hints will be given for solving the puzzle. In the end, it is your job to beat out the rest of the competition and be the 1st person to find the answer. What you ask might that answer be? That's for you to follow the clues and find out!

Everyone is allowed to participate in this month long activity, so feel free to try joining in on the fun. For those who are curious, the winner will receive a special prize from yours truly, in addition to a few other prizes as well. For those who are curious what you are playing for:

r9llRR0.jpg

A full scale model of Kud by Peacemaker! The model I own comes with the original box, in addition to all the tiny accessories that come with her. The winner of this prize will be the 1st person to solve the puzzle, so do your best. At 1st, there will be no guidance from me in terms of how to solve the puzzle, but as time progresses, I will post hints on how to decode previous day's clues in case you fall behind. Remember, it's a race to the finish, so do your best!

Puzzle Crackers:

1. Flutterz

2. Mephisto

3. Suikashoujo

4. Katatsumuri

5. Tenkuru

Runner-Up Crackers:

1. Zakamutt

2. Seventhfonist425

3. The Major

4. Funyarinpa

Listed below is your first clue of the puzzle, and with it, the official start of the game! Good luck everyone!

dequEe3.jpg

Clue #1 -

I'll start you off nice and easy, a simple task with simple instructions. All you must do is begin by solving the following anagram:

Cheeky Campfire Glop!

For those who have no idea what that is, simply rearrange the letters found in the phrase above to form a new phrase with new words. By doing so, you will be well on your way to victory. Good luck!

Clue #1 Hints -

The game is still going, the pieces all there,
keep on searching my friends, keep trying if you care.
Search all around, and check high and low,
one may be right, the latter more so.
Sift through each page, update your brain,
picture yourself, and try to be sane.
You're almost there, a few steps away,
you are who you are at the end of the day.

Anagram Word: Check

Anagram Word: My

Anagram Word: Page

Clue #2 Hints -

Does the name Faust ring a bell?

Heart in Japanese?

Clue #3 Hint -

"The bigger they are, the easier they fall."

"Be bold."

Clue #1 Solution:

Cheeky Campfire Glop!

=

Check my profile page

What do the hints mean?

The poem contains words and phrases that relate to your profile page, as well as a hint on where to find the clue. For example:

Friends, page, update, picture yourself, you are who you are

Check high and low...the latter more so = the clue is located at the bottom of my profile page

Clue #2 Solution:

Twitch the heart, for a German demon is not a copy. P# = 4 * (((4+5) * 3) + 45.25)

Twitch = a streaming website used for many games

Heart = "cocoro" in Japanese

A German demon is not a copy = a famous German demon in folklore is named Mephistopheles = Mephisto. If something is not a copy, it is an original = OriginalRen

P# = 4 * (((4+5) * 3) + 45.25) = this is the post number in the thread you are supposed to search. The math equation's answer is 289

Stream, cocoro, Mephisto, OriginalRen, post 289

=

Check the Cocoro@Function! official stream thread

What do the hints mean?

Faust is the famous German folklore writer who made a pact with the Devil in his tale. He was greeted by his servant Mephistopheles the demon in the story

"Heart" in Japanese is "cocoro"

Clue #3 Solution -

Thread = Cocoro@Function! Stream with Mephisto & OriginalRen, Post #289

After reading the post in the thread listed above, you will notice a series of larger letters that stand out from the rest of the text. If you arrange and organize these bold letters in order, it will write a message for you

=

"Cute images"

Where are cute images located in the forum? In the thread dedicated to them of course. Search there

What do the hints mean?

The bigger they are the harder they fall = the letters are bigger than the rest of the text

Be bold = the letters, while not actually bold, look that way due to being bigger

Clue #4 Solution -

Thread: What is the cutest image you have ever seen? (inlcluding girls ;))

If you take all of the cute images I posted in the thread listed above, you may notice that some of them contain a hint on where to go next in the puzzle. Here are all of the pictures that contain those hints:

qfADmWd.jpg

XMkkO8B.jpg

In addition, you may notice that all of the images in the thread are of girls, and the last picture set I posted is from a very famous online browser game in Japan. With that being said, can you figure out where to go next? ;)

Clue #5 Solution -

Thread: Kancolle (Kantai Collection) Thread!

Scroll around the page until you find a post with some images of many Kancolle girls and a clue at the bottom. If you click the link for the clue, it will redirect you to a YouTube video that plays some music from the soundtrack of Hoshizora no Memoria.

Praise be! = What is a place designed for praise and worship?

Hoshizora no Memoria soundtrack = The girl in the image, the music, and the phrase. Piece it together

Check a thread that worships a girl from that game.

Clue #6 Solution -

Thread: The Temple of Mare

If you scroll down on the 1st page, you may notice a spoiler tag that is labeled as a clue and has a single image:

yuVa2la.png

This is a CG from Grisaia no Rakuen, the visual novel. If you recall, I had a giveaway for this game not too long ago, so check that thread and see if you can finish the game. Good luck!

Final Clue Solution -

Thread: Grisaia no Rakuen CE Giveaway! - Finished

Somewhere in this thread is a spoiler tag which contains the following message:

"If you are reading this spoiler tag, then congratulations, you've made it to the end. You alone have pieced together the clues and solved the message. The next step for you is simple, yet important, so listen closely. Send me a PM, and in it, post a picture of your avatar. Do this, and the day is yours."

There it is, the final message of the game and the solution to the puzzle. If you got that far, congratulations, and thanks again for playing guys!

A reminder to everyone that this game is a competition. This is not the only clue of the entire game, so if you feel you have found the answer to a clue, keep it to yourself and continue on your way! The entire game is laid out, and at the end of the road there is a final stopping point that marks you as the winner.

Announcement: Congratulations to Flutterz for piecing together the clues and winning the game. Upon victory, he stated that he was not interested in the prize and did it for the enjoyment of solving the puzzle.

That being said, the winner is still up for grabs so continue as normal, and good luck!

You can't tell me what to do! (The anagram isn't as hard as it looks, think logically).

Well I just pissed off Ren by instict pasting the answer on to teamspeak, so sorry in advance for whatever shitstorm that blows in to in the morning. 

Update: Please Read

To all of you participating in the game, I have decided to change the rules slightly to reflect the current status of how things have played out so far. Both Flutterz and Mephisto have solved the puzzle within the 1st day. While I congratulate them on a job well done, a lot of you may feel that ending a game so quickly wouldn't be very fun; there are still plenty of participants who want to solve the puzzle.

As such, instead of having 1 winner, I have decided to take a total of 5 winners and enter them into a random drawing for the prize. The next 3 people who solve the puzzle will be apart of that drawing along with Flutterz and Mephisto respectively. If this change is an issue for anyone, I do apologize, however this is how it is going to be done. I have changed the opening post to reflect this change.

In addition, if you do solve the puzzle, please remember to not ruin the experience for other people by revealing the answer. By doing so, you are taking away the joy of the game for others, and ruining the whole purpose of this activity: to have fun.

Thanks again.

Announcement: Congratulations to Flutterz for piecing together the clues and winning the game. Upon victory, he stated that he was not interested in the prize and did it for the enjoyment of solving the puzzle.

That being said, the winner is still up for grabs so continue as normal, and good luck!

Blasphemy.

You were talking to an impostor.

I solved the anagram in less than 10 min but the next clue has me 100% stumped... I really just don't get what I'm looking for.

And I felt good for solving that anagram too, since I normally suck at those :P

If you solved the anagram, doesn't that mean you're done...? How can you be stumped? And, "next clue?" Does he only hand out clues to people who've done the anagram? Are there several phases to this? This wasn't the final form???