• Kurome
    • Lubock
    • Chelsea
    • Senryuu, Seryuu
    • Najenda
    • Bols
    • Run
    • Wave
  2. 2. Manga Readers: What will Mine's fate be?

• Killed by Esdeath
    • Kills Esdeath
    • Survives but doesn't Kill Esdeath
    • Survives but Tatsumi dies
    • Mein will survive and reign as the new Queen and everyone will bow down to her and praise her as the Goddess she is.
    • Mine dies by someone other than Esdeath
  3. 3. Who's your favorite pairing?

• Tatsumi x Mine - They're actually a couple...
    • Tatsumi x Esdeath - ...who aren't as hot as this pairing...
    • Tatsumi x Akame ...but If only Akame had more lines...
    • Wave x Kurome ...then they'd be like this (future) duo...
    • Tatsumi x Bulat - ...p.s. we all regret Bulat's death.

This poll is closed to new votes

Anyone watching the anime or reading the manga right now?

I'm personally obsessed with it right now. It looks like it's going to go down as another classic in the Berserk and Claymore genre but with moe characters. 

tatsumi_and_mein__by_icrow17-d6kfvv1.png

Can you guess her personality?

edit*: The first 3 pages are full of spoilers. For the rest of the thread, please use tags. 

edit**: Forget the first warning. Everything here on out - proceed with caution.

Mein x Tatsumi for the win!

(massive spoiler)

You've been warned

You can still go back

Okay then, have it your way

*Nosebleed intensifies*

6ouP46F.png

I am utterly obsessed with this manga. I read it all in 2 days (I stayed up until 7AM just for the sake of reading it).

The overall plot is always keeping me interested and the action never fails to amuse me, it's always tense and there's always something you don't expect happening.

The series' overall dark atmosphere really manages to grasp you and make you want to keep reading as you pray for the characters to stay alive one more chapter and then you are confronted with disappointment as they'll probably die.

I have a huge obsessioon with Mein so let's get that out of the way. I liked her ever since she was introduced and ever since chapter 45 I just can't help but cheer for her. If she dies, that is the one thing that'll make me drop the series.

Just the anxiety of waiting for the next chapter is killing me!

I'm very afraid that Esdese and Mein will have a showdown over Tatsumi and Mein might die.

it's one of the animes i was really looking forward to this season,it's dark themed so it's defiantly  to my liking and i'm really enjoying it

one of the things i really liked is that the protagonist isn't a wimp he's actually a badass

anyhow i'll be marathoning the manga tonight 

Watched the two episodes, gotta say, I'm addicted. It's becoming extremely hard to resist reading the manga so I don't spoil myself before it all comes out in anime form.

It's really, really hard. 

You know you want to.

I don't know why people fret so much over reading the manga instead of waiting for the anime, I still enjoy the anime just as much despite knowing what happens. It's just like 2 alternative universes of the same story~

You know you want to.

I don't know why people fret so much over reading the manga instead of waiting for the anime, I still enjoy the anime just as much despite knowing what happens. It's just like 2 alternative universes of the same story~

I do want to, and I probably will give in at some point. Generally, when I turn to manga is when the anime season stops. I'm impatient like that, and really hate waiting for the next season to come around. Whether it be light novel or manga, I probably end up reading it because I can't be bothered to wait for the anime to do its thing.

That said, I absolutely agree. I've read several mangas before and thoroughly enjoyed the anime after as well. I think it's mostly because why reading a manga or light novel, you're forced to use your creative mind to "see" what's going on. And that's fantastic. I love that, it's why I love reading in the first place. But at the same time, to actually see (with your eyes) what's going on via anime, is a different experience. Both are nice. I generally do end up enjoying the anime more, though. Because, you know, visual. But that's me, lol.

Watched the two episodes, gotta say, I'm addicted. It's becoming extremely hard to resist reading the manga so I don't spoil myself before it all comes out in anime form.

It's really, really hard. 

I say read the manga. I often get bored of the anime after I read the manga but this one... I watched episode 1 two more times after I read the manga. The anime does it really well and the musical score is epic. I get chills watching the opening preview trying to guess how they're going to portray that character.

You know one thing I noticed, maybe it's just me, but Akame is one of the characters with least focus in the series despite her name being on the title.

Am I missing something here?

That is very odd. That makes you really try to guess what her importance is to the story. 

Another odd thing is how she has no romantic connection with the hero (one of the few girls who don't) so far despite being the heroine. It's simple but pretty original writing for Anime.

You know with a title like that, it's like they're setting it up for a Tastumi death. 

---

Akame is a bit cuter in the Manga

akame-ga-kiru-3380773.jpg

I love dark black hair. 

That is very odd. That makes you really try to guess what her importance is to the story. 

Another odd thing is how she has no romantic connection with the hero (one of the few girls who don't) so far despite being the heroine. It's simple but pretty original writing for Anime.

You know with a title like that, it's like they're setting it up for a Tastumi death. 

I actually liked the fact she wasn't the one that ended up with Tatsumi.

That'd be too cliché in my opinion, it was so refreshing to see Mein and Tatsumi getting together, I genuinely expected Tatsumi to reject her but he didn't, these kind of twists never get boring.

Tatsumi can't die, he's the protagonist :P

I actually liked the fact she wasn't the one that ended up with Tatsumi.

That'd be too cliché in my opinion, it was so refreshing to see Mein and Tatsumi getting together, I genuinely expected Tatsumi to reject her but he didn't, these kind of twists never get boring.

Tatsumi can't die, he's the protagonist :P

With her name in the title it just makes me wonder if they're pulling a twist. One comic I know, The Walking Dead, the author has constantly hinted at killing his protagonist (Rick), as no one is safe. I'm just thinking Akame might head in a similar direction. So far they've been unpredictable.

I never expected Tatsumi to hook up with Mein.

edit: The holy priest's foresight 

saw a tragedy happening to the couple. Although he's never been wrong, he prays that he is for once or something. A lot of people are guessing that Mein will die, but who knows? It might be Tatsumi

:P.

With her name in the title it just makes me wonder if they're pulling a twist. One comic I know, The Walking Dead, the author has constantly hinted at killing his protagonist (Rick), as no one is safe. I'm just thinking Akame might head in a similar direction. So far they've been unpredictable.

I never expected Tatsumi to hook up with Mein.

I have one possible scenario for a future event.

Given that Esdese now knows Tatsumi's true identity, a fight will break out most likely.

Esdese loves Tatsumi but we don't know how she'll feel about him after finding this out.

But regardless I believe Mein and Akame will come in to help Tatsumi and Esdese might start targeting Mein because she's his girlfriend.

And what I'm really afraid is that this ends up killing Mein while Akame and Tatsumi run away.

This would let you go back to the "true heroine" path if you will.

But just the thought of them killing off Mein for such a reason would destroy my heart, i already felt like crap when Chelsea died, Mein is the only girl i absolutely 100% do not want to see die.

I want to genuinely believe Mein and Tatsumi will stay together.

I have one possible scenario for a future event.

Given that Esdese now knows Tatsumi's true identity, a fight will break out most likely.

Esdese loves Tatsumi but we don't know how she'll feel about him after finding this out.

But regardless I believe Mein and Akame will come in to help Tatsumi and Esdese might start targeting Mein because she's his girlfriend.

And what I'm really afraid is that this ends up killing Mein while Akame and Tatsumi run away.

This would let you go back to the "true heroine" path if you will.

But just the thought of them killing off Mein for such a reason would destroy my heart, i already felt like crap when Chelsea died, Mein is the only girl i absolutely 100% do not want to see die.

I want to genuinely believe Mein and Tatsumi will stay together.

That's so, so predictable, and I don't think anyone's wrong for thinking that. It will utterly fall apart for everything the author worked on surprising us. 

That's so, so predictable, and I don't think anyone's wrong for thinking that. It will utterly fall apart for everything the author worked on surprising us. 

Let us pray to the gods  that something so cliché doesn't happen.

I'm just afraid because this series really enjoys killing off its main characters. I can't just shake off the uneasiness that they might kill my favorite character :(

Of course Mein is listed as an actual MAIN character alongside Tatsumi and Akame so I'm HOPING this gives her plot protection.

Mein not dying is just plain cheating. She was in the brink of death way too many times and there was even the most classical death flag "after X I have something to tell you". She just annoyed me too, so I really wanted to see her death. A pity it hasn't happened yet.

As for characters, Chelsea was nice too. The only assassin-like assassin there, everyone else feels more like a warrior or a mage.

You know, as someone whos only watched the anime so far. I was pretty sure Mein (and the buff spear dude) were going to die in the next few episodes; they just look like the kinda characters that would be easy to kill off. In fact I had an entire debate over who was going to die with a friend earlier this morning... should have avoided this thread. Even with the spoiler tags too much was revealed :<

Anyways I wasn't going to read the manga until the anime was over, but now that I see that at least one of my predictions was wrong... well I wanna know what I was right about.

Mein not dying is just plain cheating. She was in the brink of death way too many times and there was even the most classical death flag "after X I have something to tell you". She just annoyed me too, so I really wanted to see her death. A pity it hasn't happened yet.

As for characters, Chelsea was nice too. The only assassin-like assassin there, everyone else feels more like a warrior or a mage.

The death flag argument is valid for Tatsumi too.

In fact even Leone should have died many times now.

Look what Esdese did to her in the previous fight.

That's why i'm hoping for plot protection, no matter how ridiculous it gets. You can't wish fpr your favorite character to die after all. I'm just cheering for my favorite.

out of them all Chelsea's death hit me the hardest xD i really liked her and wat was done to her was just cruel D:

nah Leone wont die,she's the first one to meet the MC,thats a really strong plot armor there!

You know one thing I noticed, maybe it's just me, but Akame is one of the characters with least focus in the series despite her name being on the title.

Am I missing something here?

well u can read the prequel which focuses on her,this one focuses on Tatsumi more or less

Well Mein is

the protagonist's girlfriend!

That's nearly unbreakable armor right there.

Leone has been chopped to pieces and still survived. I want to point out if the strings guy dies Leone is as good as dead next time.

Don't get me wrong i don't want any of them to die, but Mein dying would make it really hard for me to continue :(

Finally caught up in the manga. This is one of the few manga that I've read, and felt the urge to continue. It's just that good, IMO. If the anime follows the manga as closely as it has in these first two (like others have said, some parts were left out, but nothing major), it'll be the best anime of the season, easily.

It just kills* me that only 2 chapters are released a month - one near the beginning and one near the end. I don't know about it being the best anime this season with a couple other heavy contenders this season, but it's one I was fascinated enough to read ahead.