Sekai Project Official Grisaia Translation?

douggle

Actually sekai project has said that if the kickstarter is a success the 18+ version will follow it just might be a few months later. Go to sekai projects forum or dig through their twitter and tumblr posts...2 different people seem to have mentioned it so it seems more or less assured if the kickstarter succeeds. The fact they want to keep this current kickstarter away from the 18+ version explains why there is no mention of it on the kickstarter page. Regardless I'm going to back was originally going to back 500 but uh that's probably not going to happen...I'll probably just get all 3 games and call it done.

Unfortunately the fact that they have adult content as backer tier rewards just goes to show that they seem to have no problem associating their product with adult content which means that it was probably done for other reasons. Still I want to support visual novels in the west so I'm going to back. 

As for paying for both sets you probably will have to. to be honest they are offering all 3 games for cheaper than they initially were going to in the prefundia...they lowered it by half...probably because of the decision to separate the two versions. You will be spending a bit more but it's not a whole lot more than it would have been. If they offer a discount or voucher it might be cheaper than they were initially going to ask.

Not sure if this is good news or bad news 

"While we cannot comment on 18+ versions of the game right now, more information on that will be made available near the end of the campaign."

Also it seems this kickstarter project has a 310 dollar backer reward of a bedsheet of yumiko that seems to be unclothed with a length of 145 cm by 185 cm (or 4'9 by 5'6) and also an exclusive. I've been looking and this might actually be specific to this kickstarter...although I could easily be wrong. 

I also wish to take note that the dakimakura (or whatevers) the pillow cases can be added onto a backing for 110 dollars if you do not wish to pay 420...however you lose out on the bedsheet.

Also the OST is available for the second backing tier or after spending 180 dollars.

also the fact the 18+ pillowcases and bedsheets means Frontwing is not opposed to releasing such content in the west and that the separation may have actually been do to licensing issues between products. Despite the fact that the game is coming from the vita version there are possibly minor intricacies in the business dealings that we are not currently aware...or it could be a cash grab...but even then it wouldn't be that much more in comparison to the initial amounts...

You can also choose the pillowcase if you back that much. It does not say anything about censoring any content at this time from the vita version (I read through the entire thing). If you want to back now great if you want to wait and see what they say near the end that's people's choice. If you don't want to back due to the way this was handled perfectly understandable as well. 

Do remember that if the kickstarter does not succeed anyone backing gets their money back. 

I'm going to take a chance with this but it could go either way...even if we don't get the 18+ version it won't be that difficult to find someone to translate and insert them back into the game via a fan patch. At this point in time I'm willing to risk it. My only dilemma is whether I want a yumiko bedsheet and an pillow cover...which I'll admit I usually find unnecessary and uninteresting but if I'm going to put a decent amount down anyways might be worth getting something out of it.

that's exactly how i feel zeno why would i pay for 2 sets of the game when i only want one and on top of that with sekai being very tight lipped about the 18+ version

Edit: though there is this https://twitter.com/Denpasoft_pr

I mean, I still want to help Sekai, but at this point, I don't like how Frontwing is acting, and yeah, I don't want multiple versions of Grisaia on hand.  I'll probably just donate some money eventually, without a reward, but that's not gonna happen until Sekai releases their info.

My current plan is to buy the 18+ version of Grisaia no Kaijutsu if and when it releases.  I set a higher bar for Kickstarter funding requests vs. purchases and preorders, and Sekai Project hasn't even met the bar for a preorder.  Sekai Project is basically asking us to make a downpayment on a precursor product, then charge an unspecified price down the road on the finished product.  Sorry, no.