Good looking art Visual Novel Recomendation

Kei_Shirogan

I never thought someone would recommend Little Busters as a game with good art. Key's art has always been fairly mediocre. Little Busters definitely has a few funny looking sprites (in a bad way). Rewrite is a bit better in the art department, though.

This represents Pulltop's transition into the current popular moege art style and while I felt the art was somewhat good, it also just kind of felt half-hearted in a way. Cocoro@Function was a better realization of that art style, I thought. If you do get it, get the restoration patch for the love of god.

Please use the standard font/size.

A lot of visual novels have decent graphics. It depends on personal taste, since vn's sport different kinds of art styles. From the last few games I've seen, Grisaia seems preety impressive (that's how highest quality art looks in eroge nowadays). You might give it a try, especially if you're a newcomer to vn's (though, I'd recommend other, lighter titles to start with, if that's the case). Hoshizora no Memoria has really nice graphics as well and is a decent title for begginers; Both are 18+ titles, though. There are all-ages titles available as well, like Steins;Gate, or If My Heart Had Wings for example.

In overall, I'd recommend going to the archive and checking the titles yourself. You should find something that picks your interest.

I never thought someone would recommend Little Busters as a game with good art. Key's art has always been fairly mediocre. Little Busters definitely has a few funny looking sprites (in a bad way). Rewrite is a bit better in the art department, though. 

This represents Pulltop's transition into the current popular moege art style and while I felt the art was somewhat good, it also just kind of felt half-hearted in a way. Cocoro@Function was a better realization of that art style, I thought. If you do get it, get the restoration patch for the love of god.

Well I can't make a valid statement until I go and try cocoro@function :3 so i'll add it to my list but If it's better than if my heart had wings ill be happy. 

Please use the standard font/size.

A lot of visual novels have decent graphics. It depends on personal taste, since vn's sport different kinds of art styles. From the last few games I've seen, Grisaia seems preety impressive (that's how highest quality art looks in eroge nowadays). You might give it a try, especially if you're a newcomer to vn's (though, I'd recommend other, lighter titles to start with, if that's the case). Hoshizora no Memoria has really nice graphics as well and is a decent title for begginers; Both are 18+ titles, though. There are all-ages titles available as well, like Steins;Gate, or If My Heart Had Wings for example.

In overall, I'd recommend going to the archive and checking everything games by yourself. You should find something that picks your interest.

Wait. Who's not using the standard font size ?

If you don't mind littlewitch's loli-like art, then Period is a good one, Hoshizora no Memoria like Steve recommended is also a very good one. I also happen to like Fate/stay night's art, there are a good number of them, so yeah.

Wait. Who's not using the standard font size ?

OP, of course. Using different fonts is useless and makes the post look confusing (and bad).

As for the Little Busters, Decay is right. Key's art is completely mediocre and I'd even say that some of their older titles like Clannad, or Kanon had a lot more consistent and better looking art style in overall, than their new titles. LB is most certainly their best period in terms of art, Rewrite graphics (although higher res and theoretically more detailed), look a lot more bland and inconsistent in terms of the flow, which makes it a pain to look at in certain moments.

If you'd like a game from LittleWitch, I'd rather recommend Quartett!, than Period; Quartett is not only newer, it's simply better, both in terms of captivating story and gorgeous art.

I thought Grisaia's art, while technically very sound, lacked variety. Just not enough CGs, not enough backgrounds. You can kind of tell the game really stretched their budget.

I'm fond of Liar-Soft's unusual art styles. They change things up game to game, but they're never quite what you're used to in the VN space and they always look quite good, I feel. Sekien no Inganock and Shikkoku no Sharnoth are in English and are quite good.

Haven't mentioned yet:

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shiansai!

screen01.jpg

and Kara no Shoujo

karanoshoujoe032k1.jpg

Kara no Shoujo's art always interested me. That goes for the rest of Innocent Grey's work as well. It's a very grounded art style. I'm sure some people would see it as bland, but they really try to make the character designs as realistic as they can get within the bounds of traditional anime stylings. I prefer more realistic character designs to totally outlandish designs so it's good for me.