How much do you remember about VN after you finished it?

sion12

I actually remember the things I hated about the VNs I've read most vividly.

The scene I remember most is from Muv-Luv Alternative:

The tentacle rape scene will forever be burned into my memory.

It's strange that I don't really remember the bits from VNs that I liked, however, it's kind of a blessing as I can read wonderful VNs several times without knowing every plot detail.

It's strange that I don't really remember the bits from VNs that I liked, however, it's kind of a blessing as I can read wonderful VNs several times without knowing every plot detail.

Should I feel bad for finding that scene more entertaining than 99% of regular h-scenes? :wacko:

You must be ill.

It was mostly just the fact that it was different, so I found it more interesting than the old tired patte-- oh screw it, I just like weird things, I guess. :DIt's funny how I found this scene much less disturbing than Amane's h-scenes in Meikyuu.

To go back on topic though, I've noticed that what I seem to forget the most easily are names. This has to go a few years back at least though, where I don't think about it for a long time - I really couldn't tell you the names of the cast of Chaos;Head from the top of my head, for example, though I do remember the story and everything.

Though it mostly depends on the length of the VN and the impact it holds. I mean, I've read Umineko around that time as well, and I remember the (much larger) cast pretty much perfectly. But then again, that VN is ridiculously long as a complete set, and I did read the second half a bit later.

I remember that scene as the moment I had the weirdest boner ever. He was completely confused. In the end he decided he was disgusted luckely.

lol... I can generally remember the entire scenario, if I see the first few scenes.  That makes replaying them pure hell though.  Very few VNs are interesting enough to play all the way through twice for me...

That's exactly how it is for me.  I can think I've forgotten a decent chunk of the details, but once I actually start playing through again everything generally starts rushing back to the point where I just about know the next line -- let alone scenario.  Pretty much holds for me in all media, though--books, television, games, etc.  Even when I want to re-watch something, I rarely get comparable levels of enjoyment from it.

I have the same problem has the OP. In my experience, it's completely my fault. I have three phases when reading:

1. The first phase: I read the voice of the MC out loud. If he's voiced I read his thoughts.

2. The second phase: Maybe because I feel like it was dragging on, or because it was genuinely interesting, I stop reading out loud and just reading. 

3. The third phase: This is the problem, because I'm loving it I start reading way too much at a time, and generally forget the events of earlier that reading session. I can also start reading like this if I want the VN to end, but at that point I usually just quit.

Phase 1 is great, I remember everything.

Phase 2 is the usual for most of you, I remember key events and all that shizzle.

Phase 3 is a problem, when I start reading for 12 hours with only a couple 30min breaks for launch and dinner, I cannot for the life of me recall anything. Completely my fault though. I figured this out when I was seeing a video of Grisaia no Kajitsu (which I've completed) and did not recognize a scene.

(Yeah yeah, I have no life and way too much free time, you needn't bother me about that)

Normally after some time i only remember one heroine (the one i liked the most) and some strong scenes from the others, from the two vn i read when i started (Yume Miru and Katawa) i only remember main plot from Katawa and that heroine with white short hair in Yumemiru, i also remember getting a bunch of bad endings in School Days (it was the one that made me discover the VNs because when i watch an anime i always try to find the original story, until then Mangas and LNs, but i couldnt get it to work until i learned a lot more and in that time i played KS and YMK)

But if i start replaying a VN i can remember whats going to happen next just by readings the first lines of each scene