Time for the lurker to surface

pika09

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums, but I've been lurking around since last year!

My first visual novel was Zeiva's X-Note (which I absolutely loved) and so my VN preferences as of now are more on fantasy/mystery/science fiction with the occasional slice-of-life. Of course, I'm willing to give any other recommended VN's that don't fall under those genres a try!

I'm not a frequent player (yet) but the other VNs I've played are ReAlistair and Dangan Ronpa (and I love both of them). I've also finished Shizune's route in Katawa Shoujo and now in Act 2 of Rin's route but I'm still too lazy to continue  :P  As of now, with my busy school work, I'm in chapter 4 of Steins;Gate and I really like it so far.

I guess that's all! I hope to get along with everyone!  :)

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

What's your favourite VN, and are you planning to read Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni?

The aforementioned VNs are the only ones I've read so far and I'm a slow VN reader so as of now probably still X-Note, although I'm definitely enjoying Steins;Gate a lot.

I'm interested in reading Higurashi and Umineko (the latter more so), but I heard they're rather long so I'm postponing it a bit. I plan to read standalone VNs first then delve into VN series (S;G was an exception).

The aforementioned VNs are the only ones I've read so far and I'm a slow VN reader so as of now probably still X-Note, although I'm definitely enjoying Steins;Gate a lot.

I'm interested in reading Higurashi and Umineko (the latter more so), but I heard they're rather long so I'm postponing it a bit. I plan to read standalone VNs first then delve into VN series (S;G was an exception).

I wouldn't really call them a series, though. Higurashi and Umineko, despite have a slightly similar setting are completely independent, although it's preferable to read Higurashi first because of a few references to it in Umineko, and within each one all of the stories are meant to be read together, like routes in a VN none of the individual stores are standalone.

I wouldn't really call them a series, though. Higurashi and Umineko, despite have a slightly similar setting are completely independent, although it's preferable to read Higurashi first because of a few references to it in Umineko, and within each one all of the stories are meant to be read together, like routes in a VN none of the individual stores are standalone.

It is exactly because of the Higurashi references in Umineko that I feel the need to read Higurashi first even though I'm more interested in Umineko, since I'd hate to not get the reference when I come upon it.