Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

• 1 month later...

I read the routes in the order:

Amane > Sachi > Yumiko

Currently on michiru's route. Based on what I read on the past comments, didn't really expected that makina would have one of the best routes since I've seen some loli routes in the past Visual novels I read and its not that impressive or great.

Also, I've always been wondering, why is it that the VN is so big? Almost 7 GB?! I know that there are some movies and a little effect on some of the parts of the story, but it still doesn't justify that massive size. I played kamidori and that has a good gameplay with a good 150 hrs to complete it all from max levels to complete cg and items but that thing only has almost 5 GB. So yeah I'm a little bit confused

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

I read the routes in the order:

Amane > Sachi > Yumiko

Currently on michiru's route. Based on what I read on the past comments, didn't really expected that makina would have one of the best routes since I've seen some loli routes in the past Visual novels I read and its not that impressive or great.

Also, I've always been wondering, why is it that the VN is so big? Almost 7 GB?! I know that there are some movies and a little effect on some of the parts of the story, but it still doesn't justify that massive size. I played kamidori and that has a good gameplay with a good 150 hrs to complete it all from max levels to complete cg and items but that thing only has almost 5 GB. So yeah I'm a little bit confused

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

It's a super long game so there'sĀ  lot of voice work but in reality that's only a small percentage of the filesize. I don't know for sure, but maybe they just use very lightly compressed images and music files? Thing is, the game is pretty low on the CG count and it's not like those should take up much space to begin with. In short: who knows, it's a mystery.

Ā 

I Only Play Amane's Route Because Kazuki Was ThereĀ  :P

Ironically, the real reason to play the Amane route is for Sachi and Makina during the first half. I love how absurdly filthy those two's dialog get. Some of the funniest scenes in the game are during the Amane route but don't involve her much.

It's a super long game so there'sĀ  lot of voice work but in reality that's only a small percentage of the filesize. I don't know for sure, but maybe they just use very lightly compressed images and music files? Thing is, the game is pretty low on the CG count and it's not like those should take up much space to begin with. In short: who knows, it's a mystery.

Ā 

Ironically, the real reason to play the Amane route is for Sachi and Makina during the first half. I love how absurdly filthy those two's dialog get. Some of the funniest scenes in the game are during the Amane route but don't involve her much.

Grisaia had a really long common route which had a pacing issue.

Ā 

I remember that I played Amane's route last because I listened to Yuuji's instincts that it was a trap.

He was pretty much right as well.

Ā 

Sachi > Michiru > Yumiko > Amane > Makina

Common route was good,one of the best parts of the VN. It wasnt boring at all so why pacing issue?

The problem I had with the common route was that it went on too long without giving me any input which is why to me it dragged on a bit.

Ā 

It would have been nice to have been given some non-critical choices to make within the common route to help make it feel like I was still playing a VN and not reading a light novel.

The problem I had with the common route was that it went on too long without giving me any input which is why to me it dragged on a bit.

Ā 

It would have been nice to have been given some non-critical choices to make within the common route to help make it feel like I was still playing a VN and not reading a light novel.

I suppose it was unnecessarily long, however I can (subjectively) justify that since it compensates with interesting and hilarious skits. The lack of choices didn't bother me that much.

I suppose it was unnecessarily long, however I can (subjectively) justify that since it compensates with interesting and hilarious skits. The lack of choices didn't bother me that much.

Yeah the cast of Grisaia are an endless source of hilarity. I enjoyed the Common Route for what it was, but at a certain point I remember asking myself "just when is a route going to start?".

Lack of choices was actually a good thing for me,too many choices like in Canvas for examples makes a VN highly annoying,choices arent the thing wat makes a VN anyway different routes/endings are.

Ā 

while yes the common route might've been a bit too long for some people but the writing of it was so good it didnt bother me in the slightest. Whether it was Yuuji's quotes at the start of each day or the group's many shenanigans it was all enjoyable

I read the routes in the order

Ā 

Makina > Michiru > Yumiko > Sachi

Ā 

Still got Amane's route to go, though I've totally fallen for Rewrite a few days ago, so it's probably gonna take another week until I can play any other games again, still 4 routes missing in Rewrite after all :D

Ā 

Out of these 4 routes in Grisaia though, I enjoyed Makina the most. Yuuji wasn't such a damn idiot regarding women in this one (during Michiru's route, there really were times when I hated him) and his behaviour was quite understandable and realistic. Also dem feels, this route was truely a masterpiece. Even though I enjoyed the others a lot too, but none of those routes were able to beat Makina's. Or maybe it was just because Makina's route was my first playthrough so it impressed me even more simply due to that fact? I dunno :D

I read the routes in the order

Ā 

Makina > Michiru > Yumiko > Sachi

Ā 

Still got Amane's route to go, though I've totally fallen for Rewrite a few days ago, so it's probably gonna take another week until I can play any other games again, still 4 routes missing in Rewrite after all :D

Ā 

Out of these 4 routes in Grisaia though, I enjoyed Makina the most. Yuuji wasn't such a damn idiot regarding women in this one (during Michiru's route, there really were times when I hated him) and his behaviour was quite understandable and realistic. Also dem feels, this route was truely a masterpiece. Even though I enjoyed the others a lot too, but none of those routes were able to beat Makina's. Or maybe it was just because Makina's route was my first playthrough so it impressed me even more simply due to that fact? I dunno :D

The only time I really felt like Yuuji was being a dumbass was during Michiru and Yumiko's routes, but for the most part he has a pretty good way of dealing with women. Pretty different from most protagonists in that respect.

He also didn't go into a panic when he saw Amane naked in his room which is pretty atypical of most MC's.

Ā 

Kinda wish that Makina would have stopped calling Yuuji "Papa" at some point in her route. I probably would have liked it better then.

å¹øļ¼å¹øļ¼å¹øļ¼å¹øļ¼God I love this girl! :D

Anyway.. I did Yumiko > Sachi > Amane > Michiru. Can't say much about other orders but I enjoyed mine a lot. I just go with my gut and who seem cute and interesting. So I'll recommend you to do the same.

Yeah, he is indeed not bad at handling women, and most of the time I really liked him, his jokes were hilarious. But sometimes he just acted like such a dick, it was unbearable. It's true that he was a moron in Michiru and Yumiko's route, and it was so annoying... I think I was like "Y YOU SO DENSE" during half of both routes...

True that, Makina should have stopped calling Yuuji papa at some point. It kinda just weirded me out after a while, sleeping with someone you call "papa" is kinda disturbing in my opinion... But it didn't bother me that much, the story was simply too good for worrying about something so silly and unimportant.

Yeah I don't know if I can call it out of character, but Michiru's route was the only time that I felt that Yuuji really acted like an ass to somebody.

Guy ignored her, and wouldn't put down the book when she was talking to him, and gave her rocks when he could have just as easily picked a random flower off the ground, or he could have simply just given her nothing at all.

Ā 

It almost seemed like he went out of his way just to be rude to Michiru, and not just because of his character quirks.

Yep, that surprised me too. I knew he was a weirdo, but when he kept on giving stones to Michiru I really wondered why he acted like such a jerk. I guess it was simply because he didn't realize Michiru had those feelings for him, teasing her was simply fun and he didn't even consider that he might hurt her feelings. Still, even if that was the reason, I still think he was an ass in Michiru's route.

After all though, no matter how much I complain about elements of Grisaia, there is no way I could ever dislike this VN. Yuuji might have annoyed me a lot, but Grisaia is still the 2nd best VN I've read so far.

Yeah I don't know if I can call it out of character, but Michiru's route was the only time that I felt that Yuuji really acted like an ass to somebody.

Well I also do remember him being rude to both JB and Chizuru.But yeah, the tricks and insults to michiru are a bit extreme in my opinion

well the reason Yuuji came to that school was to learn those things that make him an 'ass'(aka common sense) he wasnt brought up or even treated normally all his life and plus he's better than most protags

Ā 

and also in Makina Michiru's routes,well they are comic relief characters how can u expect Yuuji to suddenly take them seriously ;d even i wouldnt

I did Amane > Yumiko > Sachi > Michiru > Makina and it was pretty satisfying, I don't think any of the routes were actually bad, my favorites would be: Sachi > Amane > Makina > Yumiko = Michiru. But honestly:

Makina and Amane were the best lore-wise. We could see just how awesome Yuuji is in Makina's route and I think that is what made it so good, however, I wish she dropped the "papa" stuff. Amane route was just so good because of Angelic Howl and Kazuki was the real star here. Sachi was my favorite and the prettiest IMO, I mean, she's just so lovely. Michiru was so out of place, the whole game tried to be as realistic as possible and then she had a personality in her heart? I understand it was based on a real theory but it went really overboard. (I know that Kazuki memory was also an overpowered photographic memory in theory, but anyway) Yumiko was really poor, I'm happy that I did it before Makina otherwise I might have dropped it, it was basically a weaker version of Seed of The World Tree, the sex scenes were arguably the best ones but... Seriously? You're being attacked every single day in the same spot but you still go there? That's completely retarded.

Just realized I haven't shared mine yet. From best to worst least good:

Ā 

1. Komine Sachi

Near flawless. Personally, best backstory and best personality. Great resolution. Emotional and intriguing.

2. Suou Amane

Angelic Howl is outstanding throughout. Very tense and well-written. Satisfying conclusion. And Kazami Kazuki.Ā 

:wub:Ā 

3. Irisu Makina

Takes a while to pick up. Plot gets outstanding halfway in. Great chemistry. Rather unsatisfying ending.

4. Sakaki Yumiko

Gets a bit slow halfway. Plot not really engaging compared to others. Cliche'd to a certain extent though still a solid route

5. Matsushima Michiru

Great character. Good buildup. Sub-standard backstory. Shoehorned ending.

The main problem with Yumiko's route is that it's essentially just a less good version of Makina's. It's almost the same damn story, just with a less interesting character backstory, much less entertaining first half, very little development of Yuuji's character, and so on. It doesn't really do anything different and does everything else worse. It was especially bad for me because I did Makina's right before Yumiko's. Everyone else has a unique story but it's like they just gave up with Yumiko.

The main problem with Yumiko's route is that it's essentially just a less good version of Makina's. It's almost the same damn story, just with a less interesting character backstory, much less entertaining first half, very little development of Yuuji's character, and so on. It doesn't really do anything different and does everything else worse. It was especially bad for me because I did Makina's right before Yumiko's. Everyone else has a unique story but it's like they just gave up with Yumiko.

Also thought that yumiko should have the best route since she was the one particularly presented on the opening. Although I'm quite satisfied in her route in terms of romance but it doesn't stand out when compared to the other routes

On an unrelated note, On the angelic howl on the 15th day. That BGM where the "ghouls" where chasing Amane and kazuki really FREAKED me out to the bones as it blended well with the situation. Since then whenever I hear it on the other routes, I turn the volume to the minimum since I was very trauma tized by it T_T