Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

Sachi, because childhood friends ftw. That, and she was just adorable. I'd have to tie her story with Yumiko's, though. I'm not even sure why, but I enjoyed Yumiko's route A LOT. Actually, I enjoyed them all a lot. >_> I can't comment on Makina's route, because I didn't do it. She freaked me out in some ways. Like, I had a premonition she'd be the kinda girl to bite your dick off and throw you head first into a meat-grinder if you did something wrong.

Like, screw that, man. Instincts told me to "Staaaay awaaay! Crazy little girl alert!"

Other than that, Kuzuki route far too OP. If it actually existed, older-sister route (no incest pls) would be awesome. Just because, you know, I could imagine that sibling reunion being pretty damn awesome. Granted, not taking into account later games, but you get my drift, yeah?

You couldn't possibly be further off the mark with Makina.

Yeah I probably am, but that was just the impression/feeling I got. I'm sure I'll get around to doing her story at some point. After all, it's the only one I haven't done, and I am a completionist. I'm just... Kind of putting it off. A bit. Lol. >_>

Yeah I probably am, but that was just the impression/feeling I got. I'm sure I'll get around to doing her story at some point. After all, it's the only one I haven't done, and I am a completionist. I'm just... Kind of putting it off. A bit. Lol. >_>

makina's route contains a background of yuuji's past you'll enjoy it for sure

every route does  :lol:

Yeah, it gets pretty hardcore at times. It's hard to decide which route went the most in-depth into his history, and which route/heroine had the most connection to him. I'd say it's kind of a toss-up of Amane and Sachi as far as that's concerned. It's interesting, either you end up with the girl that was with your sister during a tragedy and wants to "make up" by acting older sister to you, or an old childhood friend who happens to truly love you from since then, and has... Interesting history of her own.

Hard decision. Hard decision. If I had to say anything about what I didn't like about the game, it's the sheer amount of coincidence in one school. But at the same time, that's also why I liked it! 

Yeah, it gets pretty hardcore at times. It's hard to decide which route went the most in-depth into his history, and which route/heroine had the most connection to him. I'd say it's kind of a toss-up of Amane and Sachi as far as that's concerned. It's interesting, either you end up with the girl that was with your sister during a tragedy and wants to "make up" by acting older sister to you, or an old childhood friend who happens to truly love you from since then, and has... Interesting history of her own.

Hard decision. Hard decision. If I had to say anything about what I didn't like about the game, it's the sheer amount of coincidence in one school. But at the same time, that's also why I liked it! 

makina is the most story-wise in my opinion

It's not hard to decide, actually. Makina's route gives the deepest look into Yuuji's history, personality, and psychological disorders than any other route by far. The other routes do give you glimpses into that but the Makina route is practically the Yuuji route.

I would like to argue otherwise. It is at least somewhat justified in Sakaki's route where

It explains that the school was intentionally built for people with such problems if I remember correctly."

The introduction of a male student or Yuuji as a person into the school kind of started the drive that flushed out most of the problems. I can still see where you're coming from though.

It's not hard to decide, actually. Makina's route gives the deepest look into Yuuji's history, personality, and psychological disorders than any other route by far. The other routes do give you glimpses into that but the Makina route is practically the Yuuji route.

I've just started Makina's route after putting it off. It's actually not as bad as I presumed it would be. I suppose after doing all the other routes and forgetting about Makina, I lost sight of just how damn funny that kid is. I've been dying in laughter the past few days. >_> That said, I haven't really come across anything like that so far, and not knowing how long her route is, I've no idea how to judge "how far" I am in the route. But if what you say is true, then I'm definitely looking forward to it!

I would like to argue otherwise. It is at least somewhat justified in Sakaki's route where

It explains that the school was intentionally built for people with such problems if I remember correctly."

The introduction of a male student or Yuuji as a person into the school kind of started the drive that flushed out most of the problems. I can still see where you're coming from though.

Yeah, that much I understood. What I meant (probably should've explained better) was the coincidence in that Yuuji just happens to end up in a school with a bunch of girl's that are in one way or another somewhat "connected" to him. Maybe it wasn't actually a coincidence, and he was sent there on purpose, I don't know. Maybe that was explained and I completely missed it/forgot since it's been a while since I've touched Grisaia. I thought it was pretty cool, though, more than coincidence. I liked it, because we learned about Yuuji's past while also learning about the girls. At the same time though, it leaves you really thirsting for more information about Yuuji. Though, I suppose, that's covered in the next two games, if I remember correctly.

It definitely was interesting that once he got there, things started to change.

What did you guys think of 10 year old Yuuji from Sachi's route? Was he a lot different than he is during the main story?

Mmm... Been a while since I've done Sachi's route. Hard to remember/say. But, fundamentally, yeah I'd say he was quite a bit different. Back then, he was just depressed because he felt inferior to his sister (he probably still does in some small ways, but also realizes he has his own path/skills) and how he was treated because of it. Current Yuuji has life experiences most people would never in many lifetimes have to endure. In short, this guy's been through hell, and somehow made it out of it as a somewhat decent human being. He's not perfect - He has a dark side, but he's certainly not depressive. Deep thinker, yeah... But he's a lot more mature. I think the loss of his sister, then his mentor probably fucked him up on the inside a bit. That's hinted at in other routes though. Even still, he pulls through. Kid's intense. But he is the protagonist, so that's to be expected. :P

Very interesting... thanks for the answer ^^ Is what Kazuki said in Amane's route true, that he's nicer as a child than he is as a 17 year old? I haven't gotten quite that far in Sachi's route yet.

We've never really seen Yuuji as a child and Kazuki hasn't seen Yuuji as a seventeen year old to compare.  Though, it seems Sachi doesn't think he's changed greatly -- not that she really mentions, at least.  I get the impression his core personality hasn't changed much at all -- just his perspective has been very, very warped (understandably)..

It is. I guess he means that they don't go heavy enough into detail to get a real firm grasp on his personality. From what we know he was kind of the typical introverted loner type. You should continue reading and find out for yourself instead of having us explain all of this to you.

We've never really seen Yuuji as a child and Kazuki hasn't seen Yuuji as a seventeen year old to compare.  Though, it seems Sachi doesn't think he's changed greatly -- not that she really mentions, at least.  I get the impression his core personality hasn't changed much at all -- just his perspective has been very, very warped (understandably)..

OH BUT SHE HAS SEEN HIM!

Granted that isn't relevant to this game. :P

And Kara, yeah... That's most certainly from the game. It's about mid-way through Sachi's route. Something like that. We don't really know that much about Yuuji's past, everything we have on him from that time is brief. Later games go into more detail as far as his history, but those aren't translated yet, unfortunately. So most people don't know anything about it. Which is good. Either way, enjoy Sachi's route, it was my second-favorite route, and favorite pairing, personally speaking. :D

Not quite sure which Grisaia thread to put this joke in, but I'm sure I'll get the same amount of boos anyway (especially if someone else has made it). Anyway...

The true identity of Tuna Fish Man?

n58Uw.jpg

Boo boo.

Anyways, my favourite route is most likely Sachi's or Michiru's. I had read somewhere that Michiru's was the worst, so I lowered my expectations and it just so happened that all the complaints that people have with her route, don't bother me at all! So I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. 

Sachi's is also lovable because of the ending. And I adore heroines who change their personality over time.

I loved all of the heroines but Chiruchiru was my favorite or Yumiko. 

I just beat the game yesterday and I really don't know why people say that Yumiko's route was one of the worst /sigh. Chiruchiru's route opened my eyes to how adorable she actually is  :wub:  All the routes were really fun though.

Fine, let's keep the thread living.

This VN suffers from a recurrent problem that i've seen many people avoid: Either you are liking the route, but not the girl in it, or you are liking the girl in it and just tolerating the route

-Yumiko's route and story is horrible (Bollywood B-Movie standards if you ask me) but the part from where they start living together to where they leave the amusement park is golden, great chemistry and got me into the verge of tears.

-Makina's route is great but the heroine isn't, i was already tired of her voice halfway in and this game has the constant need to remind you she thinks like a 9-year old. (Also, i'm pretty sure EVERYONE and their grandmother got angry at Yuuji ignoring the shotgun guy only to get his arm blown off, at least this isn't canon)

-Amane is a great heroine IMO, but many people praise Angelic Howl, and i do too but they handled it TERRIBLY. Here is why: I think they spend around 16, 17 days in the hole. But i saw the dawn of the 10th day and i thought to myself ''Oh my god, when is this going to be over?'' I think it would've been a lot better, for example, if they skipped from day 7 to day 10, did a little recap of what has been going on and say they spent 25 days in the hole. It would've been shorter without losing any impact, at least it pays off by the end of Angelic Howl. Kazumi is dislikeable, she treats Amane like Yuuji treated Michiru in her route, but no one seems to mind. Also the antagonist comes out of nowhere, as soon as i saw the guy i thought to myself ''Ah, there is the bad guy''. The ending was ok, people just hate it cause the route is long already

-Sachi's route could've been perfect if not for the school destruction, i wish they could've approached it differently and the ending made me cry like a little bitch though.

And then, there is this...

-The only thing likeable about Michiru's route is Michiru because everything else (Including Yuuji, where he acts so douchey to the point i felt bad for the girl) isn't.

TL;DR:

Storywise (Makina > Amane > Sachi > Yumiko > The tale of how i got my microwave > My dog's day on the park > Michiru)

Heronies (Yumiko > Sachi > Amane > Michiru > Makina)

Pacing (Sachi > Makina > Amane > Michiru > My dog > My guinea pig > My neighbour's turtle > Yumiko)

Also, this game could've used... i don't know... around... 1000 more CGs?

I tried rereading it because I deleted the game accidentally (which I nearly punched the monitor xD) and I realized that you can really feel the emotion and the development a whole lot more.It's just my opinion though. Even if you know the story, you can still appreciate it because you focus more on the feelings and experience of the characters and not the part where you guess as to what happens next. In that respect, I discovered that rereading visual novels isn't that much of a waste of time