Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

It's funny that Amane route is so loved but it's mostly because of Kazuki during Angelic Howl, it feels like she's just a secondary character.

Angelic Howl is definitely up there for me in terms of best routes ever, just because of the wide range of emotions it dragged from me.  Especially when you throw in all the fun parts of the common route--playing through Amane's as your first route leaves a huge, jarring emotional impression.  And, of course, Kazuki is probably the coolest character in the game.

That said, Sachi was still my favorite heroine/route.  Didn't skimp on the emotional manipulation angle, Yuuji has an obvious interest in her from the get-go, and by the end of it, I'd say she's easily the best match for him.

If you aren't expecting Angelic Howl, it can be a very jarring and disorienting experience. Especially if you do Amane's route first. A 6-8 hour flashback sequence out of nowhere that's the polar opposite of the entire rest of the game you've played so far in terms of tone. I know a lot of people who disliked Amane's route because of it. I vaguely knew something like it was coming so I was able to anticipate it at least, and I actually liked it a fair amount.

Angelic Howl is definitely up there for me in terms of best routes ever, just because of the wide range of emotions it dragged from me.  Especially when you throw in all the fun parts of the common route--playing through Amane's as your first route leaves a huge, jarring emotional impression.  And, of course, Kazuki is probably the coolest character in the game.

That said, Sachi was still my favorite heroine/route.  Didn't skimp on the emotional manipulation angle, Yuuji has an obvious interest in her from the get-go, and by the end of it, I'd say she's easily the best match for him.

I totally agree with you, I don't think I (or anyone else) would be so hyped for Meikyuu or Rakuen if it wasn't for Kazuki. I did Amane first and then Yumiko, that's probably the reason why I didn't enjoyed it as much, it felt so weak. (Weaker than it already is)

Sachi had the best romance and is the one who fits Yuuji the most IMO. Btw, am I the only one who thinks that her voice acting was outstanding? Her voice conveyed the feelings she had so well in every scene, the other girls didn't sounded like that to me. Also:

Her past was really harsh and many people can see themselves on her shoes, wanting attention but didn't getting it due to everyone around you being so busy with work or other stuff, I think this is one of the main reasons why I loved her so much. I felt heartbroken during the entire scene and I was filled with joy when I got the good ending.

Amane is definitely my favourite route followed closely by Sachi. The others i'm still working through, but Makina's was dark  especially the bad end. Like damn.

Dude.

She was talking to a trash bag with Yuuji's remains while assuming the role of 9029 and being pregnant? So disturbing, seriously.

Sachi had the best romance and is the one who fits Yuuji the most IMO. Btw, am I the only one who thinks that her voice acting was outstanding? Her voice conveyed the feelings she had so well in every scene, the other girls didn't sounded like that to me. Also:

Her past was really harsh and many people can see themselves on her shoes, wanting attention but didn't getting it due to everyone around you being so busy with work or other stuff, I think this is one of the main reasons why I loved her so much. I felt heartbroken during the entire scene and I was filled with joy when I got the good ending.

Definitely.  Her voice acting was easily a standout performance -- even in super-maid mode, she still manages to convey that mischievous, cheerful core.  Also agreed on her past/ending.

RE: Makina

I quite enjoy Makina's route (aside from the 'Papa' throughout), but both endings just wrecked me.  I did the bad end first and was just "Holy shit!".  So, then I did the good end and was mostly thinking "How is this a good end?!"

I just can't see her effectively turning into Yuuji Mk. II as anything resembling a good end.  Hell, the impression given is that she even has a "seal" like his.  Seriously?

:( 

RE: Makina

I quite enjoy Makina's route (aside from the 'Papa' throughout), but both endings just wrecked me.  I did the bad end first and was just "Holy shit!".  So, then I did the good end and was mostly thinking "How is this a good end?!"

I just can't see her effectively turning into Yuuji Mk. II as anything resembling a good end.  Hell, the impression given is that she even has a "seal" like his.  Seriously?

:( 

No one liked the "Papa" shit, rofl. I got the bad ending first too, and I still think that choice should have gotten me to the good ending.

It turns out to be even worst I think, Yuuji wasn't able to kill freely but it turns out that she is. Aside from that, Yuuji was a natural born killer, she just happened to have outstanding sniping skills, she wouldn't survive too long if faced with situations that demanded the 9029 presence. About the ending, you leave her alive and get a good ending with a "nice" life? He tried to kill one of the if not the most powerful woman in Japan and she just decided: "Ah, whatever, fuck them"? Some people say she got scared of him since no one ever hit her before but when the guards were there she was shouting "Kill him!" all over.

Yep, Angelic Howl came out of nowhere for me, too.  I mean, I expected something disturbing to happen, but not that.  Still think it's one of Grisaia's best routes.

I also love Sachi and her route the best.  She's just so sweet, and her good ending was so heartwarming.  Didn't like her bad end, though.  I thought it was a little...crappy.

Are bad ends really meant to be enjoyed though? :P

Or are you talking about the way it was handled?

I'd agree, bad end should be bad.  But, to be fair, there's no real perception of time to account for the difference in ending -- so it makes it feel like an arbitrary bad end just to have a bad end, rather than a legitimate choice that pushes things onto that path.  So, I'd say it was crappy, too.

Yumiko's bad end? :D

I'll agree that she may not have had the strongest route storywise, but I didn't have too much of a problem with her route.

The only issue was that her, and Makina's routes seemed to be clones of each other (same scenario different outcome).

I actually liked her character.

Yumiko reminded me of Senjougahara from the Monogatari series at the start when she kept trying to cut you with a Stanley Knife (Box Cutter) made me laugh. I did like her character quite alot though, I'm not entirely inclined to do Michiru's route though, her voice is just so ugh. 

I'll agree that she may not have had the strongest route storywise, but I didn't have too much of a problem with her route.

The only issue was that her, and Makina's routes seemed to be clones of each other (same scenario different outcome).

I actually liked her character.

i agree i like her character a lot wish she had a route with more impact but it was still good

i meant that her bad end isnt actually 'bad'

Yumiko reminded me of Senjougahara from the Monogatari series at the start when she kept trying to cut you with a Stanley Knife (Box Cutter) made me laugh. I did like her character quite alot though, I'm not entirely inclined to do Michiru's route though, her voice is just so ugh. 

Michiru's voice didn't annoy me as much as how generally stupid she acted, and how much of an ass Yuuji was to her at times.

You can actually specifically turn her Voice off in the system Menu. Having played a lot of old jrpg's I actually don't mind reading a VN silently, but voices can be nice too.

You can actually specifically turn her Voice off in the system Menu. Having played a lot of old jrpg's I actually don't mind reading a VN silently, but voices can be nice too.

I've never had an instance where I feel urged to disable a voice before.

i meant that her bad end isnt actually 'bad'

The good end isn't necessarily 'good' either.

It's personally my worst least good ending in Grisaia either way.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW,anyone already know what will be the adaptation route of the anime? Or will it be just like where he picks no one and just adapt the common routes

Well, after looking at VNDB, I found out that Rakuen (the third installment in the Grisaia trilogy) has

an unavoidable harem ending

, so they might change just adapt Kajitsu and end it with a harem ending.  That's my best guess.

Well, after looking at VNDB, I found out that Rakuen (the third installment in the Grisaia trilogy) has

an unavoidable harem ending

, so they might change just adapt Kajitsu and end it with a harem ending.  That's my best guess.

I agree.  I figure it'll probably be adapted on the Rakuen timeline/world/whatever.  Not terribly excited, though, there isn't really enough time to do justice to each heroine.  Even Kajitsu is just too damned long.  Imagine if they tried to properly adapt Common + Angelic Howl.  Bam -- that's probably over a full cour already.  And Angelic Howl is kinda important because it gives us a surprisingly large amount of information about Yuuji through us learning about Kazuki.  Knowing as much as we do about Kazuki really helped me empathize better with Yuuji's life and circumstances.  While knowing the past revealed in Sachi and Makina's route gives us a good, solid view of Yuuji's childhood and why he ended up how he did -- learning about Kazuki and the type of person she was really brings things home, I feel.

• 4 weeks later...

Got started on this VN a while ago but dropped it for a short week due to the pseudo-linear nature of the common route wearing me out. After picking it up again, however, I slowly got used to the pacing and I'm currently on my first heroine route - Michiru.

I have to say, even during the early parts of the common route, I had already figured that Michiru would be the heroine I had most interest in pursuing. I couldn't really pinpoint a specific reason why I was drawn to her, but it did have something to do with how annoying she came off as a character. I could have easily chosen Amane (who's easily likable as a character), but Michiru just peaked my curiosity for some reason.

Needless to say, her route raised my affection for her to a much greater scale, all the more so when I discovered the number of complaints about her character and her route throughout the web. Like the flawed character herself, her route was deemed one of the weakest routes of all, in competition with Yumiko's route (which many have 'mixed feelings' over, as I've discovered).

I still haven't completed the route in its entirety yet, but having discovered the true nature of her character, there's little denial that I fell in love with her underdog character all the more.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were obvious problems with her route, such as how the protagonist acted like such an insensitive jerk towards her on a cringeworthy level (Rocks for presents and spraying sunscreen on her body? Like it was semen? Seriously, Japan?!) And don't get me started with the bondage scene in the common route... what the hell was that? And of course, the nature of her 'psychological condition' wasn't anything too original either. But man, when the flashback sequence hit me, it really hit me hard. The best part of the route so far still has to be the part I'm reading right now, where she's admitted to the hospital and everyone realized the subtle happiness she's brought to them (all the while keeping in mind that she played up the 'idiot tsundere' role for the sake of making others happy :) ). It really reminds me of those underdog heroines whose route majority of people would never appreciate (F/SN's Sakura or Madoka Magica's Sayaka). And when you consider that VN stories typically play off the 'save one from misery but leave the others to despair' system, it's all the more depressing.

Also, that Bad End was totally effed up... It was even more twisted that the game practically taunts you for being the one who made the choice to twist Michiru's mind into the 'blank-eyed tsundere' because of your own selfishness not to let her go to the hospital. A rather ingenious move, if I say so myself.

So far, I'm liking the VN quite a bit. It's hard for me to thoroughly enjoy VNs in general unless they have the non-linear nature of Clannad or School Days (due to my short attention span and the need for 'engaging' CYOA-style VNs), but I think I could spare my free time every now and then just enjoying the trip to Mihama Academy... and all the morbid grimdark stuff that comes with it. Brrr...

Oh, and it's my first time in this forum. Hi everybody. :)

Got started on this VN a while ago but dropped it for a short week due to the pseudo-linear nature of the common route wearing me out. After picking it up again, however, I slowly got used to the pacing and I'm currently on my first heroine route - Michiru.

I have to say, even during the early parts of the common route, I had already figured that Michiru would be the heroine I had most interest in pursuing. I couldn't really pinpoint a specific reason why I was drawn to her, but it did have something to do with how annoying she came off as a character. I could have easily chosen Amane (who's easily likable as a character), but Michiru just peaked my curiosity for some reason.

Needless to say, her route raised my affection for her to a much greater scale, all the more so when I discovered the number of complaints about her character and her route throughout the web. Like the flawed character herself, her route was deemed one of the weakest routes of all, in competition with Yumiko's route (which many have 'mixed feelings' over, as I've discovered).

I still haven't completed the route in its entirety yet, but having discovered the true nature of her character, there's little denial that I fell in love with her underdog character all the more.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were obvious problems with her route, such as how the protagonist acted like such an insensitive jerk towards her on a cringeworthy level (Rocks for presents and spraying sunscreen on her body? Like it was semen? Seriously, Japan?!) And don't get me started with the bondage scene in the common route... what the hell was that? And of course, the nature of her 'psychological condition' wasn't anything too original either. But man, when the flashback sequence hit me, it really hit me hard. The best part of the route so far still has to be the part I'm reading right now, where she's admitted to the hospital and everyone realized the subtle happiness she's brought to them (all the while keeping in mind that she played up the 'idiot tsundere' role for the sake of making others happy :) ). It really reminds me of those underdog heroines whose route majority of people would never appreciate (F/SN's Sakura or Madoka Magica's Sayaka). And when you consider that VN stories typically play off the 'save one from misery but leave the others to despair' system, it's all the more depressing.

Also, that Bad End was totally effed up... It was even more twisted that the game practically taunts you for being the one who made the choice to twist Michiru's mind into the 'blank-eyed tsundere' because of your own selfishness not to let her go to the hospital. A rather ingenious move, if I say so myself.

So far, I'm liking the VN quite a bit. It's hard for me to thoroughly enjoy VNs in general unless they have the non-linear nature of Clannad or School Days (due to my short attention span and the need for 'engaging' CYOA-style VNs), but I think I could spare my free time every now and then just enjoying the trip to Mihama Academy... and all the morbid grimdark stuff that comes with it. Brrr...

Oh, and it's my first time in this forum. Hi everybody. :)

Hi Boon. :D You should introduce yourself in the introduction thread. Anyway... I found Makina's bad end the most screwed up due to Yuuji's... "condition". I still stand by having Amane and Sachi as my two favourite routes but I'm glad you're enjoying Grisaia so far.