What percentage of fan translations actually make it to full patch status?

Alucard

it seems to me no one has ever really tackled this question i looked around Google abit and couldn't find a analysis anywhere but my guess would be that roughly 40 percent end up finished and stay available i know iv tried to find a few i read about on vndb to come to the realization there groups and the pages that were carrying the patches were long gone not even could i find them in the usual torrent sites.

Considering how many abortive projects I've seen over the years... it is probably closer to one in fifteen.  Less than ten percent, anyway.  Most projects get started, do a little, then fall apart when people get frustrated.

If it is to believe at VNDB statistic 25% get dropped 75% get finished (193 finished project 63 dropped project from 2009-2014). There are probably more dropped ones if you count projects that have never even started seriously true (Being dropped before even starting).

The bigger problem is that not enough project is at work in the first place.

I'm certain translation projects are just like any other projects out there. We start off feeling real excited. Once that initial hype dies down, can you make it through the grind? That's what will determine whether the project will be completed.

When I read about a new translation, game, mod or whatever project being announced, I assume it's going to become dead after a few months. When one comes out, it has my respect :).