Grisaia no Meikyuu Translation Started

douggle

• 4 months later...

It's been a long time and on the wiki http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Grisaia_no_Meikyuu it says the progress is 7% ;_; Anyone know if he is even working on it yet?

Ah, no, not for the moment. The translator who started it is adamant on finishing it, but he's currently busy with other projects, as he has been hired by Mangagamer.

Not really, there's 3 short h-scenes in main route, and 1 or 2 scenes in afterstories. Overall its about 10% not counting Dave's corner.

TBH, I've ctrl'ed through afterstories h-scenes, and only Julia and Asako scenes in main route were relatively interesting and important. If these two are properly rewritten (Julia's is kinda safe as is tho, since most of it doesn't have explicit visuals), rest could be cutted out w/out affecting game.

TBH I don't care whether they remove H-scenes or not. The reason I kept playing Kajitsu and am excited for this is: Yuuji!! He's a really interesting character and Meikyuu focuses on his past, really hope it doesn't take too long to translate once they get on it, and it'd be real cool if they could release an early patch with only the Grand Route translated.

Not really, there's 3 short h-scenes in main route, and 1 or 2 scenes in afterstories. Overall its about 10% not counting Dave's corner.

TBH, I've ctrl'ed through afterstories h-scenes, and only Julia and Asako scenes in main route were relatively interesting and important. If these two are properly rewritten (Julia's is kinda safe as is tho, since most of it doesn't have explicit visuals), rest could be cutted out w/out affecting game.

That was more or less my point. :D And the after stories seemed to fill the purpose of stuffing in more h-scenes one way or the other, as is the standard fandisc fare, but I only read one and a bit of one other, so I can't really judge in the end. Was mostly just a joke. :D

That said I really need to get on that grand route. :o

Ctrl'ing through Grand Route for no particular reason right now. Anyone know how long it is? Also, the main menu music is so good, this is the first time I enjoy music in a VN's main menu.

Edit: Done! And, yep, that's a cliffhanger alright.

And the after stories seemed to fill the purpose of stuffing in more h-scenes one way or the other, as is the standard fandisc fare

Not all of them. Makina afterstory is story-centric, and was pretty fun and interesting to read. Michiru is really good comedy. Sacchi was similar to Makina's, althrough a bit worse. And in every of them I felt H-scenes were unneeded. At that point their relation is well-established and we got plenty of h-stuff in Kajitsu, so they were just interrupting flow of story w/out any benefit.

As for Dave's corner, I don't even know why its there. No relation to story, absolutely pointless lump of h-content. Whoever needs something to fap to, could read these scenes with ATLAS if he doesn't know Jap, and there would be no difference.

Not all of them. Makina afterstory is story-centric, and was pretty fun and interesting to read. Michiru is really good comedy. Sacchi was similar to Makina's, althrough a bit worse. And in every of them I felt H-scenes were unneeded. At that point their relation is well-established and we got plenty of h-stuff in Kajitsu, so they were just interrupting flow of story w/out any benefit.

As for Dave's corner, I don't even know why its there. No relation to story, absolutely pointless lump of h-content. Whoever needs something to fap to, could read these scenes with ATLAS if he doesn't know Jap, and there would be no difference.

Ah, I've only read Amane's out of curiosity and peeked into Yumiko's, so I formed my impression on that. I still think the h-scenes are there because Meikyuu seems to be stuck somewhere between a sequel and a fandisc, but again I will actually need to read it properly first to form a valid opinion. Really looking forward to the grand route, might start it soon.

On another note, those short joke stories are pretty amazing. :D