Grisaia no Meikyuu Translation Started

douggle

The cliffhanger in the grand route scares me so much that I think I might just as well fight through it with my horrible japanese instead. :D

Though it's definitely nice to hear it's getting translated. Kajitsu's translation quality was awesome, it's probably one of my favourite fan translations.

God, this project is going to kill so many people.  All the people who will hang themselves when they read it when it is done after all that waiting because it ends on a cliffhanger for the third game, lol

It's a good thing someone spoiled me. Oh wait...

3rd game is the best in my opinion. Very Hollywood-esque.

If you think people on facebook will stop just because the translation started, well... Let's just say you can always ask when the translation will be finished. ;)

Kind of like Little Busters EX. Which needs updates badly.

God, this project is going to kill so many people.  All the people who will hang themselves when they read it when it is done after all that waiting because it ends on a cliffhanger for the third game, lol

I was told the first game already ends on a cliffhanger too so won't playing Grisaia the first game still make you mad?

Oh well i'm kind of an M so it's okay

Glad to hear it as I'm just finishing my third route in the first game. I'd be much more excited if a certain friend didn't spoil a certain plot point about a certain character that isn't revealed until a certain third game though. However I'm looking forward to this all the same. I recall reading somewhere (twitter?) that at the standard pace this would take seven months to complete for those wondering (said by the translator).

Guess when Meikyuu's patch is out I'll just play the after stories and hold off on the main story until the third game's patch  translating starts. I think I'll be able to handle the waiting then, I mean I've been able to handle cliffhanger endings to TV shows (like the recent season finale for Sleepy Hollow) and movie trilogies and back in the days of VCRs I endured the time between each VHS release of episodes of Dragonball Z so I somehow doubt Meikyuu will be that bad.

Kind of like Little Busters EX. Which needs updates badly.

I was told the first game already ends on a cliffhanger too so won't playing Grisaia the first game still make you mad?

Oh well i'm kind of an M so it's okay

Eeeeeeeeh? The first game does leave quite some things unanswered, but it doesn't end on a cliffhanger at all, if I remember correctly. Who said that?

If that spoiler says what I think it does, and I'm not going to quote it or read it so that I don't spoil myself, then it's something I figured out just from reading Kajitsu. :P

Yeah, it's what you think it is. :D

There are some hints, so I had a hunch as well - which was probably why I managed to spoil myself in the first place, I don't even remember how I managed that now.

I'm just hoping that's not supposed to be the huge plot-twist in Meikyuu, or even worse, in Rakuen.

Yeah, it's what you think it is. :D

There are some hints, so I had a hunch as well - which was probably why I managed to spoil myself in the first place, I don't even remember how I managed that now.

I'm just hoping that's not supposed to be the huge plot-twist in Meikyuu, or even worse, in Rakuen.

I blame Umineko, I read Kajitsu not too long after it so the whole detective thing must have rubbed off on me. :D

Remember that kajitsu's two sequels are about half its length scriptwise. It's entirely possible both will be translated by the end of the year~

Comparing the titles sizes it's certainly possible, the translator prbly will prbly not try burn himself out. 7-8 months for the first game like translator is thinking. Between 1-2 years for both games. You never know how stable the speed will be. With koestl I doubt that will be a problem, we will see. ^^

Grisaia no Kajitsu: 66715 lines,  3.73 Mb text.

Grisaia no Meikyuu: 29200 lines, 1.83 Mb text.

Grisaia no Rakuen: 23168, 1.47 Mb text.

Eeeeeeeeh? The first game does leave quite some things unanswered, but it doesn't end on a cliffhanger at all, if I remember correctly. Who said that?

My friend irl who has read it said it leaves you wanting to know the rest. Maybe i exaggerated by calling it a cliffhanger since he didn't say that.

Again i didn't read Grisaia so I wouldn't know but this 2nd TL project definitely put it on my to read list.

the translations surely started fast for this series. wish there would be more love for other VNs aswell, makes me wanna learn japanese and translate myself :D

same here tom iv wanted to learn it for a long time and have tried teaching my self but frankly i suck at teaching so i really have only picked up words and phrases ive seen used in anime manga and vns repeatedly i plan to go to college just to learn the language as soon as my son is a lil older so that i can translate and read untranslated.

used to learn japanese with a japanese woman (she runs a japanese restaurant in the city). visited her few times until she told me she has a husband, then i never seen her again, damn it! :lol:

also didnt learn any japanese since then; i guess i need that kinda  motivation to keep doing something